autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Which has better quality Mothers or Meguiars?

For Mike, and AG,
    I first started cleaning cars with Mothers soap (forgot name) and wheel and tire cleaner cleaner. I love Mothers, then I used Meguiars. For some reason I prefer Mothers, educate me right now in terms
    of quality only. I know they both got a professional line, Mothers being more expensive on some products.

Anyway just wondering

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which has better quality Mothers or Meguiars?

You’re not going to get a definitive answer without some bias or unfairness to 1 of the brands.. They both make quality products but that doesn’t mean everything’s going to be flawless. Somethings come down to preference, value, user experience, availability, customer service, etc... Basically when it comes down to making that decision it’ll be up to you, not what anyone else declares. You have the freedom to choose what you prefer and what works best for you.

3. Likes PaulMys, BudgetPlan1, JKDesign, mdbenge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir, it’s just that I thought maybe some products are produced with more passion. For example take two business, if one is customer oriented and one isn’t there is the difference. Out of Meguiar’s and Mothers which co is more value and quality is what I’m trying to ask. Sorry if I don’t make sense or sound rude, I’m just simply asking.

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda a loaded question, both offers different lines and there’s perceived value from one line to the other. One example is soap, HyperWash by Megs has a dilution rate of 1oz to almost 5 gallons and Gold Class soap is 1 oz per gallon so you just can’t group company names together and get a unified answer. I personally love the Detailer line by Megs, good value and strong performers. I think when it comes to these 2 specific brands it always goes back to what you used in your teens or what a friend or parent recommended.

6. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on which exact product. I doubt you're gonna get any fanboy specific answers here about the two companies, considering people both use great stuff from both.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

8. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrustJesus View Post
    Out of Meguiar’s and Mothers which co is more value and quality is what I’m trying to ask.
    Well since you’re going to ask me like that... I’ll go ahead and give you my heartfelt opinion. Around the time when I was 16yrs. old I remember 1 of my good friends along with others used to talk about Mothers this and Mothers that.. That particular friend owned a 1952 Chevy Fleetline Fastback [Im pretty sure that’s what it was] The car was super clean, lowrider style with whitewalls & crossbars, etc.
    So it was at that time that Mothers seemed to be touted as the quality brand when it came to taking proper care of your car.

A couple years later I bought my 1st car. And I don’t remember exactly how it worked out but I do remember trying out both car wash soaps [Mothers California Gold and Meguiars Gold Class] and IMO the Meguiars Gold Class was better in every way. It smelled better, it made more suds, etc... It even cost less and came in a larger bottle. All of those things along with just feeling like it came from a good place made my decision an easy 1.

Many years later I got to meet Barry Meguiar for the 1st time and I told him about my 1st car and about how Gold Class Car Wash was the 1st car care product that really made an impression on me and that I always felt like there was good people behind the product. The man was so nice, I can’t even tell you how nice it was to actually get to meet him and be able to express that to him.

Some people would like to meet Michael Jordan.. For me meeting Barry Meguiar was way better than that.Which has better quality Mothers or Meguiars?

I’ve met him several times since that 1st time and he’s always the same nice gentleman. I can’t say I’ve met or even heard of a Mr. Mothers... You see, I really didn’t want to pick sides but hey..

Just my 2 cents.

10. Thanks WillSports3 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You are going to find out in time that, you will like and dislike products in every companies product line.

And, if you like a product, chances are that the next guy will say that doesn't like it at all.

It all depends on many factors. Type of vehicle, how you use the product, the environment you use it in, etc.

But, to answer your question simply: Both companies are very reputable, and have been around for decades. Both make some outstanding detail products.

In my own opinion though, if I had to choose between Mothers or Meguires, I would choose Meg's every time.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

12. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Some people would like to meet Michael Jordan.. For me meeting Barry Meguiar was way better than that.Which has better quality Mothers or Meguiars?

I’ve met him several times since that 1st time and he’s always the same nice gentleman. I can’t say I’ve met or even heard of a Mr. Mothers... You see, I really didn’t want to pick sides but hey..

Just my 2 cents.
    I met him too at Amelia Island. Indeed a gentleman. He left me with a positive image of the man behind the company. I think of the time I met him every time I use a Meguiar’s product.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

14. Likes PaulMys, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be the dissenter here. I would most likely use a Mothers product. Reason is not because Meguiars is that much better. I would use Mothers because of Nostalgia. I used to have a 2007 Toyota Matrix with white paint that would get oxidized. I used Mothers interior protectant and the spray wax when I was dying my car after washing it. It's nostalgia for me. It reminds me of my first car and everything I did in it. I took my wife on our first date together in the car. And the interior always smelled of Mothers interior protectant. Back when I didn't know any better, I would be taking the car through a brush wash with her and then she'd help me dry the car off completely with the California Gold spray detailer.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

16. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

mothers and meguiars are great products . either product is great . i myself like duragloss.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast