autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Recommend electric washer?

Can you guys recommend a reliable washer that doesn't cost a fortune?
    I am not a pro detailer so I don't need very high end model. I need just intermediate washer that clean engine and remove dirt on door.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Re: Recommend electric washer?

Quote Originally Posted by sito View Post

Can you guys recommend a reliable washer that doesn't cost a fortune?

I am not a pro detailer so I don't need very high end model. I need just intermediate washer that clean engine and remove dirt on door.

I'm assuming you mean pressure washer?

I think a lot of people get one of the RYOBI units when it comes to the reliable and doesn't cost a fortune criteria.

Post Thanks / Like

I mean pressure washer. What do you think of sun Joe brand?

Post Thanks / Like

SunJoe is alright but I think they use non-standard fittings so if you plan to upgrade parts of it (hose, gun, or add quick disconnects) it may be complicated to make it work.
    I think Ryobi and Greenworks are cheap and use standard fittings. Karcher K1700 cube is something people like to and cost just over $100.
    When looking for a machine try to get one with as much volume output as you can. For washing cars, volume is more important than high pressure. A 2gpm 1000psi machine would be way better than a 1.2gpm 1800psi machine.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

I have a SunJoe SPX3000 and really like it. Specs (2030 psi and 1.76 gpm) are overrated....but still more than enough power to clean a car

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    SunJoe is alright but I think they use non-standard fittings so if you plan to upgrade parts of it (hose, gun, or add quick disconnects) it may be complicated to make it work.
    I think Ryobi and Greenworks are cheap and use standard fittings. Karcher K1700 cube is something people like to and cost just over $100.
    When looking for a machine try to get one with as much volume output as you can. For washing cars, volume is more important than high pressure. A 2gpm 1000psi machine would be way better than a 1.2gpm 1800psi machine.
    I just got the Karcher K1700 Cube. The hoses and nozzles remain in the box, unopened. Instead, I went full-boat with OG upgrades. Now, the pump is the cheapest part of the entire setup. However, it's the only part with a 3-year warranty. Zero leaks so far, and pretty dang good performance. The upgraded Mosmatic gun/wand, inlet/ourlet hoses and stainless QD fittings make the entire setup a real quality way to work. It's overkill, for sure, but all that gear can easily transfer to any other washer I but in the future.

7. Likes Daviddear30, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyndcookie View Post
    I just got the Karcher K1700 Cube. The hoses and nozzles remain in the box, unopened. Instead, I went full-boat with OG upgrades. Now, the pump is the cheapest part of the entire setup. However, it's the only part with a 3-year warranty. Zero leaks so far, and pretty dang good performance. The upgraded Mosmatic gun/wand, inlet/ourlet hoses and stainless QD fittings make the entire setup a real quality way to work. It's overkill, for sure, but all that gear can easily transfer to any other washer I but in the future.

Agreed. The hoses and guns are the most important parts for washing cars.
    I too have the OG setup but I went from Ryobi to sun joe spx9006 to now the AR630TSS also from OG. I loved the 100 ft hose on the wall mount reel etc!

9. Likes mdm298 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Ryobi 2300 psi with 1.2 Gpm would of liked more gpm but to be honest it’s fine. Works well with my mtm PF22 and i got all the attachments

I wanted more PSI to clean driveways and walk ways. It’s 1.5 years strong. Upgraded all connecters flexzilla hose an all else needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes Thomkirby, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I have three pressure washers in my garage and bought two more for my adult children (Ryobi and Stanley-thanks to Home Depot prices).

BSoares is correct about the fittings but do not let that deter you from the SunJoe, Kacher, and a few others. Amazon is my savior when it comes to buying adaptors for those M22 threads on all the machines but the port size on SunJoe is a 15mm versus standard is 14mm.

IMHO, you do not need PRESSURE, for detailing the car so anything rated 1,000+ is going to be just fine. The key to PW selection is the GPM they produce, but this can be offset by having a foam cannon with a 1.1 orifice installed in most guns. Yes when you go over 1.8 GPM you can produce thicker foam, but that is not really necessary.

My machines:
    Greenworks (4-years old getting weak) 1.2 GPM and 1600-psi
    SunJoe SPX4000 (new) 1.8GMP and 1400/2200 PSI switched
    Simpson GAS 3400-PSI and 2.4GPM, great on the driveway and heavy jobs by noisy and cannot adjust pressure.

Ryobi 1600-PSI and 1.2 GPM
    Stanley 2000-PSI and 1.4 GPM

The key to use is having a good hose and of course a good snub nose gun. The hoses on most PW units are aggrevating, the are stiff and kink easily. The new Sunjoe model I have is better yet not without issues.
    Ryobi is the smallest unit, I really wanted that one back when the SunJoe quit me and would keep around just for a backup. SunJoe has a great warranty and I do admit I could recommend them, exception is the odd fitting problem.

These are not going to be long term machines but really if you get 2-3 years it is good!

13. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a SunJoe at this is correct, the fittings are non-standard. The high quality add on manufacturers (like MTM Hydro) make adapters for Sun Joe, so you can likely find adapters for foam cannons and the like.

The description of Sun Joe as "alright" is also accurate, IMO. It works, but the pressure isn't super great, and it's quite bulky and clunky to move around. I have the SPX 3000. That said they go on sale periodically and aren't expensive to begin with, so for a low cost option it's pretty decent.

15. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast