autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does Anyone Still Use Detail Sprays?

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirV1 View Post
    That is my favorite quick detail spray BY FAR! It attracts lest dust than any QD I have ever used. The Kenotek even removes tree sap mist while providing a nice slick and glossy surface. It is almost like using an LSP it is so good. Has this product been discontinued? It is getting more and more difficult to find.

RamAirV1
    I'm not sure if still available. You are correct, I just checked the Autogeek store and they don't have it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirV1 View Post
    That is my favorite quick detail spray BY FAR! It attracts lest dust than any QD I have ever used. The Kenotek even removes tree sap mist while providing a nice slick and glossy surface. It is almost like using an LSP it is so good. Has this product been discontinued? It is getting more and more difficult to find.

RamAirV1
    Of the traditional QDs to be used on a non-coated car Kenoteck is my favorite as well. I noticed it isn't sold at the PBMG stores, too. I hope it isn't discontinued!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Besides the Kenotek being raved about, Pinnacle Crystal Mist is the other that people rave about as well... which is also probably my favorite QD.

Post Thanks / Like

I've started sort of using what could be called detail spray but really is just a spray coating more like.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Megs 34, Griots Best of Show, Optimum Instant Detailer and Gloss Enhancer. Love all three.

Post Thanks / Like

Me too. I like the gloss boost I get from them. I have a couple of gallons, so might as well use them up. WG's detail spritz is my favorite. Fk425 is a close second. I also like GG BOS QD.

Post Thanks / Like

Does Anyone Still Use Detail Sprays?

Something I noticed last night while digging through my stuff: Four Star Ultimate Spray Wax explicitly states that it can be used as a QD or a waterless wash.Four Star Ultimate series used to be widely talked about during the peak Sealant days but it’s rarely mentioned here nowadays. I’ve re-taken notice in them after getting great results from Ultimate Paint Protection in a sealant comparison test.

Anyways, for a spray wax from years ago to announce itself as Spray wax/QD/WW is pretty nuts. WG Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant boasts itself as a spray Sealant with QD cleaning ability and it works well cleaning smudges and light dust. Blackfire Synthetic can do the same I believe. Sonax BSD is a QD that most of us know behaves like a really good Spray Sealant. But this Four Star product is the first I’ve seen as a WW, meaning they must think highly of the lubrication and cleaning ability in it.

Since I’ve only used it as a spray wax, I can’t vouch for the cleaning abilities, but it is slick and it does leave a nice Sealant shine. It probably lasts a couple weeks in mild weather, like most traditional spray sealants. I’ll try it out on a mildly dirty panel and see for myself how it does with light cleaning.

Either way, I thought this was interesting and wanted to share.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Something I noticed last night while digging through my stuff: Four Star Ultimate Spray Wax explicitly states that it can be used as a QD or a waterless wash.Four Star Ultimate series used to be widely talked about during the peak Sealant days but it’s rarely mentioned here nowadays. I’ve re-taken notice in them after getting great results from Ultimate Paint Protection in a sealant comparison test.

Anyways, for a spray wax from years ago to announce itself as Spray wax/QD/WW is pretty nuts. WG Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant boasts itself as a spray Sealant with QD cleaning ability and it works well cleaning smudges and light dust. Blackfire Synthetic can do the same I believe. Sonax BSD is a QD that most of us know behaves like a really good Spray Sealant. But this Four Star product is the first I’ve seen as a WW, meaning they must think highly of the lubrication and cleaning ability in it.

Since I’ve only used it as a spray wax, I can’t vouch for the cleaning abilities, but it is slick and it does leave a nice Sealant shine. It probably lasts a couple weeks in mild weather, like most traditional spray sealants. I’ll try it out on a mildly dirty panel and see for myself how it does with light cleaning.

Either way, I thought this was interesting and wanted to share.

I remember receiving this as a promotional gift on a sale here years ago. I was really impressed with its ease of use and slickness it left behind.
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

9. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenotek Showroom Shine users. DI, now.

Post Thanks / Like

I mix my own details sprays either with Wolfgang Uber or Ech2O. The pre-made dedicated detail sprays like Meguiars Quick Detailer are used for door jambs or under the hood.

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234