autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New, frustrated and determined (lots of questions)?

Quote Originally Posted by TrustJesus View Post
    Yes, sir what I meant was I’m tired of doing wrong methods, buying wrong products
    I gotcha. I think if there's any beef I have with AG its that they only allow some reviews to be posted. I like to review everything I buy. I think it helps keep companies honest and consumers educated. I understand that they're a busienss and not promoting products they don't sell, that's one thing. But limiting reviews is a little bothersome to me.

Anyhow, with that said, there are really only a small handful of products I've bought from AG that I didn't care for. And I can say none that I was upset about. Over the years I've obviously learned my lesson with products like armorall and mothers back to black. But if you look outside the autoparts store most of the stuff sold here is solid. There are brands like meguiars, carpro and mckees that are pretty reliable with their offerings across the board. Not all of them are home runs, but rarely do they completely miss the mark.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

2. Thanks TrustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes TrustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly TrustJesus, don't watch too many of the youtube influencer videos. For example, Brian from Apex is a good guy and a great businessman but all his Artdeshine products, a company from up here sends it to him for free to review. The other thing is, he is honest but at the same time keep in mind he uses different products as reviews but he's charging the customer for it as well. If it doesn't work well, he can use something else right after. Split what you need down the middle, go for a mixture of general products and specific products.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

4. Thanks TrustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes TrustJesus, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have a lot to learn but I want to say thank you for all who made me feel welcomed. It feels good to know you got guys who are to put aside, and help out. I have made a of of progress and understand more of detailing. Thanks to the people who keep this forum running, Mike Phillips, all the bro’s who are top notch.

I have stopped watching YouTube detailers, I’m going start watching Autogeek videos and stick with it. I could not have done this without the Lord, my wife, and of course anyone of you.

Cheers
    My goal in life is to love God, family and myself. To love others and treat others right.

6. Likes Rrthomas78 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best thing to do is to watch videos made by the manufacturer themselves. They'll give you the best information.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, learned the hard way but what can we do? I’m just glad I didn’t mess up the interior on my Durango

I should get order from AGO Monday with some recommendations from members here.

•Lake Country 3.5 ThinPro Orange Heavy Cutting Pad
    •FREE 303 Automotive Protectant Towels
    •Meguiar’s Wheel and Tire Bottle
    •Cobra Super Plush Microfiber Towel 16x16
    •Griots Garage Complete Compound
    •Griots Garage Complete Polish
    •303 Automotive Leather 3-1 Complete Care
    My goal in life is to love God, family and myself. To love others and treat others right.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, learned the hard way but what can we do? I’m just glad I didn’t mess up the interior on my Durango

I should get order from AGO Monday with some recommendations from members here.

•Lake Country 3.5 ThinPro Orange Heavy Cutting Pad
    •FREE 303 Automotive Protectant Towels
    •Meguiar’s Wheel and Tire Bottle
    •Cobra Super Plush Microfiber Towel 16x16
    •Griots Garage Complete Compound
    •Griots Garage Complete Polish
    •303 Automotive Leather 3-1 Complete Care
    Welcome to forum and welcome to our obsession and passion of maintaining spotless vehicles. You should add the Meguairs D101 and the Griots PFM to your shopping list. Have you thought about a polisher? The Porter Cable 7424XP and Griots G9 are great starter machines. Eventually you will probably up your game to a Flex or a Rupes.

Post Thanks / Like

Davy,
    I already own the Meguiar’a all purpose cleaner gallon and detailing bottle. Not the GG PFM drying towel, still learning but I’m getting it little by little. Yea I need to get the GG G9, patience is key.

Post Thanks / Like

Davy,
    I already own the Meguiar’a all purpose cleaner gallon and detailing bottle. Not the GG PFM drying towel, still learning but I’m getting it little by little. Yea I need to get the GG G9, patience is key.
    Anyone that has ever dried a car needs a PFM.

I have been using them for a few years now, but I just received and used the Extra Large PFM this weekend.

After my wash on Thursday night, this towel dried the entire truck in about 10 minutes, and had plenty to spare.

I polished on Friday, and it rained a good amount that night. Went after it again Saturday morning before applying LSP. Another 10 minutes, and I was off and running.

Having the confidence that you can dry a full-sized truck in minutes with zero streaking or headaches is worth every penny they charge IMO.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Here here to the GG PFM...from a noob perspective, this is one of the best investments you’ll make!

The best investment for me was BF One Step...then the GG PFM, pricey yes but worth every cent!

I used it to dry my Acura TLX and my wife’s X3 this weekend.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Davy,
    Just my thoughts on not having a 5-6” polisher: I suppose it all depends on what your business plan is.(I can’t read all the info on your van in your avatar)
    If you’re planning on advertising paint corrections, you have to weigh how much your time is worth. Sure, you can polish a car or apply wax with a 3” machine, but if you want to do serious correction I can’t imagine how much time you’d save with the correct tool for the job. Even for just an all in one you’d power through faster with a better/bigger machine.

Sure, it’s a several hundred dollar investment up front for the machine and pads, but once you’ve got it it’s only making money for you.

Since you’ve got a van, I’m guessing you’re taking this as a full time gig vs just a thing on the side. If that’s the case, to me it falls as a tool you’ve just got to have. I work on cars for a living. I just had to have a sit down with my new guy about how there are certain tools you just have to have, or you pour tons of time into working around not having them. Heck, In a production game, even steps between your work and your supplies add up.

Just my 2˘

PS: The PFM’s are worth every penny. I actually prefer the 16x16’s for drying so you don’t have to worry about dragging your valuable towel on the ground by accident. I also really love the PFM detailing towels. Great size for a lot of jobs.

15. Thanks TrustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast