autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New, frustrated and determined (lots of questions)?

That small brush is designed for safe use on leather cleaning so yes it works on the interior panels. You will find that you will collect all type of small brushes for the interior and exterior. Inside the car often you will find using the Microfiber towels work well to scrub the vinyls and door panels and of course will remove the residue and grime. Just search in the forum for interior detailing brush and you will see lots of options.

Use the ergonomically designed SONAX Textile and Leather Brush for all your interior cleaning needs
    Last edited by Thomkirby; 06-03-2020 at 07:50 PM. Reason: added link to Sonax brush

2. Thanks TrustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes TrustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That Sonax brush should work great. I use a similar horsehair brush and it’s amazing the amount of cleaning it can do. Be sure to pick up a couple of 1 inch horsehair detailing brushes too. Can’t live without them.

4. Thanks TrustJesus thanked for this post
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post
    Watch as many of Mike Phillips' tutorials and videos as you can on YouTube and not the Autogeek Facebook page, and here. Watch Larry on the AMMO NYC detail channel. Sign up and take a hands-on detailing class taught by Mike Phillips or certified professional.
    I totally agree with that. Also I would add that you should have fun first and foremost. I love this comment man. good one. I have learned quite a bit from Mike and Larry. Take note of the products they use as well. Don't use the cheap stuff. It will cause you much frustration, time and more money. In my opinion detailing should be easy, like pouring magic from a bottle. If the product or process isn't achieving the desired result quickly and consistently, then that's the car's way of talking to you. Change it up. When you get it dialed in... KEEP IT.

6. Thanks TrustJesus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel humbled and grateful for the warm welcome, to the great guys here many thanks. Like I said I have many questions, and here is my next one for now.

Can anyone recommend me a good drying towel that will not scratch my paint surface? It can be waffle weave, or plush as long as it soft to not scratch paint?

And also recommendation for a good final wipe down towel for excess wax at the end? What you all think maybe a 450 GSM towel?

Im about to place order and I want to order it all together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrustJesus View Post
    I feel humbled and grateful for the warm welcome, to the great guys here many thanks. Like I said I have many questions, and here is my next one for now.

Can anyone recommend me a good drying towel that will not scratch my paint surface? It can be waffle weave, or plush as long as it soft to not scratch paint?

And also recommendation for a good final wipe down towel for excess wax at the end? What you all think maybe a 450 GSM towel?

For drying towel griots garage pfm all sizes

Sent from my SM-A205U using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Thanks TrustJesus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man, I’ll check out Griot Garage. What about a good wipe down towel once truck is dried to remove excess wax?

Mike Phillips

Is the SONAX brush good for interior door plastic? The textile n leather brush
    The SONAX brush is a great brush, I use it when I want to scrub but at the same time be careful.

Another great interior brush is this Horse Hair Brush.

Natural Horse Hair Interior Upholstery Brush

I feel humbled and grateful for the warm welcome,
    We have high caliber people on this forum. We simply no longer attract the riff-raff. Once in a while a spammer gets by me but they don't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by Rrthomas78 View Post

For drying towel griots garage pfm all sizes

I include the Griot's Garage PFM in my article with recommendations here,

Must Have Microfiber! At least my opinion

I THINK I mention it as a great towel for MAINTAINING a car that has already been perfected AND how important it is to NOT let this towel become contaminated due to the closed loop design of the fibers.

For PREP WASH - that is, washing a car you're going to BUFF OUT - you don't need plush so keep it simple. The waffle weave Guzzler I show has a FLAT WEAVE.

Pretty hard for a flat weave style towel to become contaminated.

Think about it?

Someone says,

Whatchu talking about towel contamination Mike?

This - Video #1 in this list.

Complete List of Live Broadcast Videos on YouTube - Yancy Martinez & Mike Phillips

I cover so much information in these LIVE DETAILING CLASSES - it's the closest thing to actually attending a real class.

From the "What it's Worth" department, Autogeek just sent out a newsletter with the above article and offered a 50% off sale.

From talking to the warehouse folks, it doesn't sound like many people took advantage of the sale.

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great forum, great people, enough said. Thanks Mike, and everyone one here, Have a good day. Thanks auto geek forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Great forum, great people, enough said. Thanks Mike, and everyone one here, Have a good day. Thanks auto geek forum.
    I have been on about a dozen other forums (of various interests), and none of them were anywhere close to AGO.

99.9% of the time, all posts are friendly and helping. The other .01% are usually just two guys arguing the way two brothers would do, and they usually work it out on their own.

Like Mike said above, anybody trying to be a malicious jerk here on AGO is quickly shown the door. (SELF-BANNED).
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

15. Thanks TrustJesus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If by final wipe you mean after the wax is removed and for a final “buff” i like the Everest and pluffle both from The Rag Company. Awesome towels.

If you get into waterless and rinseless washes i’ve found their Eagle Edgeless to be awesome.... I prefer the 500gsm.

For drying 85% of people will recommend the PFM’s and I use them myself. I believe though any twisted loop 800+GSM will be an excellent dryer. Thwy work well and don’t a scratch but are not soft.

Don’t work as well but super soft and still a good dryer especially if using a drying aid I like the TRC pluffles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Thanks TrustJesus thanked for this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast