autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smoke smell and ozone machine

Our neighbors bought a smoker's vehicle for their son - Chevy Aztec - which had leather interior and cloth floor. I thoroughly cleaned the interior and then set the ozone machine on the center console with the truck running and air on recirculate for 2-1/2 hours per the instructions with the machine and area of space to be decontaminated. It took the smell out for good. As mentioned above, cloth holds cigarette smoke terribly, so cleaning the carpet and gently cleaning the headliner helps.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smoke smell and ozone machine

Quote Originally Posted by zap16 View Post
    Ok so I placed the ozone machine in the vent window of the truck and sealed it to pull fresh air in. I ran it for 8 hours. It seems a lot better but there is still a stale smell in the truck after is sits over night and in the heat.
    I've noticed the back cab area tends to have a stronger smell then the front which I think is because there is more leather because of the seat. I always noted todays as the truck has air cooled seats and it was a warm day with the air blowing through the seats my clothes had that stale smoke smell to them. I can still run the ozone machine again as I own it but was thinking to do another once over of the carpets with a carpet machine. An APC everyplace else.

I would assume the ozone would pull the smell out of the headliner but what can I do to pull the smell out of the leather seats. The front and back are air cooled and heated so I don't want to wreck them by soaking them with a carpet cleaning machine or is it simply keep running the ozone machine with fresh air until the smell goes away in the seat or is there something I can use on the seats to pull the smell out? Thx.
    Did you ever get the smell out? I am dealing with lingering smells after cleaning and ozone treatments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12