autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Gtech csl and exo time frame

So I’m about to apply csl+ exo I read that you can apply exo after 2-12 hours of applying csl but it also says to apply it after 12 hours. How long do you guys usually wait in between? Also how long do you wait to apply second coat of exo?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gtech csl and exo time frame

This is from the Gtechniq USA site

Apply Crystal Serum Light first following the instructions from the Crystal Serum Light web page.

Once applied you can, without waiting or needing to use Panel Wipe, apply the EXO directly over the Crystal Serum Light. We recommend you apply EXO to your vehicle's panels in the same order you did when applying the Crystal Serum Light. And as with the CSL please follow the instructions from the EXO web page.

Here is what it says about Exo

Once you have finished coating your vehicle we recommend repeating the process starting from the same place as you did for the first layer and coating panels in the same order so that you coat your entire vehicle with two layers of EXOv4. You do not need to wait between applying the first and second coating but it will not make it harder to apply the second coating if you do leave a much longer interval between applying the first and second layer
    Allow the coating to cure for at least 12 hours before getting wet
    We recommend allowing at least one week pass before washing your car

So you can either apply per Gtechniq's recommendations or wait a few hours or even until the next day to apply Exo. Either application method will work.

3. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    This is from the Gtechniq USA site

Apply Crystal Serum Light first following the instructions from the Crystal Serum Light web page.

Once applied you can, without waiting or needing to use Panel Wipe, apply the EXO directly over the Crystal Serum Light. We recommend you apply EXO to your vehicle's panels in the same order you did when applying the Crystal Serum Light. And as with the CSL please follow the instructions from the EXO web page.

Here is what it says about Exo

Once you have finished coating your vehicle we recommend repeating the process starting from the same place as you did for the first layer and coating panels in the same order so that you coat your entire vehicle with two layers of EXOv4. You do not need to wait between applying the first and second coating but it will not make it harder to apply the second coating if you do leave a much longer interval between applying the first and second layer
    Allow the coating to cure for at least 12 hours before getting wet
    We recommend allowing at least one week pass before washing your car

So you can either apply per Gtechniq's recommendations or wait a few hours or even until the next day to apply Exo. Either application method will work.
    My man ! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

5. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Guz,

Can CSL only be applied to clear coated surfaces, or just about anything (e.g. chrome accents, black plastic trim, headlights/tailights, etc.)? Also does EXOv4 have any restrictions as well? I have been searching for the past few days and I cannot find the answer before I begin my application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottStoef View Post
    Guz,

Can CSL only be applied to clear coated surfaces, or just about anything (e.g. chrome accents, black plastic trim, headlights/tailights, etc.)? Also does EXOv4 have any restrictions as well? I have been searching for the past few days and I cannot find the answer before I begin my application.
    I think they only tell users to not layer CSL on itself but as far as applying to other surfaces, you should be fine. And ExO over CSL will work fine too. If you're coating your plastic trim make sure it's in great shape and clean because it's not like paint that you can just polish the coating off to do it again.
    Bruno Soares