autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

For the Klasse Pros - How to Wash

After a 10 year hiatus of detailing my daily driver I've jumped back in and spent yesterday (IPA, Clay, AIO and SG) and this morning (SG) with the Klasse twins on a brand new, no dealer detail, dark silver car. Great experience in the Klasse process and the outcome.

First a shout out to Klasse Act and ScottB.

Awesome advise on how to apply Klasse. For anyone else new that lands on this thread, both Klasse products are very easy to apply and remove by hand; follow Klasse Act and ScottB's advice.

Question; I am onboard with the acrylic products and I'm ok with keeping all products acrylic friendly. Makes sense to me that the bottle of Groits Speed Shine goes to my carnuba loving neighbor and I'll pick up some Sonus Acrylic Spritz and/or Sonus Acrylic Glanz.

What about the wash? I looked at about 10 different shampoo's and all claim to moisturize, wax, lubricate, blah, blah, blah. When it comes time to add another layer of SG (whenever that is and assuming I need no other paintwork), wouldn't the non-cleansing ingredients in the shampoo's, ironically there to help prevent owner installed defects, prevent the SG from sticking? Maybe I'm over thinking? I do have a bottle of Briteman Clean Max and even that talks to being wax fortified.

Mike Phillips

Re: For the Klasse Pros - How to Wash

Welcome back Mike!

I found our thread in the "Moderation Queue", not sure why but I approved it so now it's "public".

Post Thanks / Like

I would guess that the Sonus soap would work well with the Acrylic Spritz and Acrylic Glanz. So it should work with the Kassel stuff as well.

You could always pick up the Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash which works well. I use it at times for quick cleanups of door jambs, etc.

But you really should be able to just use a plain wash soap that doesn’t have any waxes or fillers in it. I prefer Megs Hyperwash or CarPro Reset. A car was that leaves nothing behind makes adding additional layers of Acrylic Spritz and Acrylic Glanz easier and better.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan of Acrylics also. I wash with Carpro Reset at the recommended dilution ratio. 1.25 oz. Reset to 3 gallons of water. It doesn't contain any wax or glossing agents so it doesn't interfere with recoating and at that dilution ratio it doesn't degrade the Acrylic coating that's presently on the car. I use Sonus Acrylic Spritz as a drying aid for my weekly washes (leaves the car slick, glossy and doesn't streak) and once a month top off the car with Sonus Acrylic Glanz to a dry car. Since I've switched to Acrylics the car looks good all the time. Much less spotting, extremely glossy and no dust attraction.
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6 (sold) / 2022 Camry SE (Ice Edge)

5. Likes Mike In Auburn liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks folks. I’m going to give the Carpro Reset a shot. I like how they call out not having anything extra. Keeping it simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Just keep in mind that Reset may degrade waxes and polymer sealants. KSG falls in the polymer sealant category.

I’d opt for Meguiars Hyperwash instead.

8. Likes PaulMys, dwaleke liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Just keep in mind that Reset may degrade waxes and polymer sealants. KSG falls in the polymer sealant category.

I’d opt for Meguiars Hyperwash instead.
    Thanks Guz, I’ll have a look.

Post Thanks / Like

For a sealant like the Klasse twins, Optimum Car Wash or Poorboys World Super Slick and Suds (NOT the one with wax it) will work well also. I've used both soaps quite a bit and have used the Poorboys on several different sealants to include Klasse Sealant Glaze.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

11. Likes Mike In Auburn liked this post