autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Polish and Pad Recommendations for a New Car

More....

To prep for your first coating - take some time to read through some of these.

Ceramic Paint Coating How-To Articles by Mike Phillips

Here is a list of articles I've written on the topic of Ceramic Paint Coatings. Most of in-depth and filled with lots of helpful information. More then you'll ever find in a message on a Facebook group.

The below article has a TON of how-to info in it - besides the review of the product.

Review: GYEON Q2 ONE Enthusiast Ceramic Coating by Mike Phillips

This one is so important...

Installing a Ceramic Paint Coating? You MUST have a GREAT hand held light to avoid high spots!

Here's some more I wrote, most of them this year or last year.

Ceramic Paint Coating Lingo (words used in the car detailing industry to describe the paint coating process)

How to remove a Ceramic Paint Coating High Spot by Mike Phillips

Microfiber towels for ceramic paint coatings - How to care for - by Mike Phillips

The case against multi-year ceramic paint coatings - Road Grime = Surface Staining Daily Drivers by Mike Phillips

What are the benefits of a ceramic paint coating?

How to chemically strip paint for a ceramic paint coating

How, why & when to inspect your microfiber towels when detailing cars

Permeable and Impermeable - Towel Control for Ceramic Coatings

What are Ceramic Paint Coatings?

Mother Natures Car Wash and Ceramic Coatings

How to wash a coated car - The Gentle Approach for Washing a Car by Mike Phillips

Review & How-To: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating

Detailer’s Paint Coating on Single Stage Paint

How to maintain a Coated Garage Queen by Mike Phillips

How to safely wash a ceramic coated car by Mike Phillips - Traditional Hose & Bucket Approach

Black Label Coating Detailer & Booster - Synergistic Chemical Compatibility

2017 MONSTER JEEP - Ceramic Coating Class - Wednesday, January 17th

Review: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating - 2011 Inferno Orange Metallic Corvette Grand Sport

BLACKFIRE Pro Cermaic Coating - SUPER GLOSS

Review & How-To: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating

Review: Marine 31 Gel Coat Prep Spray & Captain’s Boat Coating with UV50

Pictures: 2002 Panoz Esperante - BLACKFIRE Crystal Coat Paint Coating

Review: - LC HDO Foam Pads - Makita PO5000C - Supercharged Dodge Yellow Jacket

Prediction - More one-step cleaner/COATINGS or CCAIOS i.e. Ceramic Coating All-in-One type products

3-Categories: Waxes, Paint Sealants and Coatings

How to use the SONAX CC36 Ceramic Paint Coating

And just to note, for anyone reading this into the future. Anytime you're looking for car detailing or boat detailing information, here's how I found the above,

I went to Skynet and typed in,

Ceramic Coatings Mike Phillips

A pulled up most of the above. A few key words and my first and last name finds a LOT of stuff on Skynet.

2. Thanks fhcarstens thanked for this post
    Likes fhcarstens liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for all the help. I really appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GotBPS View Post
    I just bought a brand new black Honda Civic Si and I am looking to ceramic coat it myself with CQuarts UK 3.0. The car has just hit a 1000 miles on it and I want to protect it since I live in the Midwest. What polish and pad would be good for a new car with minor to no imperfections. I plan on washing, claying, polishing and then ceramic coating. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
    What do you have in your possession at the moment?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I still need to buy the polish, pads, and CQuarts 3.0 ceramic coat. Other than that I have all the products for the preparation to wash, clay bar, polish, ipa wipe down, and then ceramic coat the car. If there is anything else you think I need make sure to let me know. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I still need to buy the polish, pads, and CQuarts 3.0 ceramic coat. Other than that I have all the products for the preparation to wash, clay bar, polish, ipa wipe down, and then ceramic coat the car. If there is anything else you think I need make sure to let me know. Thanks!
    I would look into Sonax Perfect Finish, EX 04-06 or Meguiar’s M210 for a polish. Honda’s have been known to have soft paint. This is a generalization as the test spot is the only way to tell.

You could also look into a small bottle of CarPro Essence.

Form a prep stand point CarPro Eraser would be a good choice. I would add CarPro Elixir as your maintenance product.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to confirm before I start buying everything. I have a griots garage 6" Dual Action Random Orbital Polisher. I am going to get Carpro essence and pair it with a black foam finishing pad. For the ipa wipedown I have 90% ipa. Should I dilute that with water and put it in a spray bottle or how would I use that? Also another question, I have 18" alloy wheels. Would cquarts 3.0 work on those too? Thanks

Mike Phillips

For the ipa wipedown I have 90% ipa. Should I dilute that with water and put it in a spray bottle or how would I use that?

IPA and water is a horrible panel wipe in my opinion.

On the other hand, CarPro Eraser is a great panel wipe.

CarPro Eraser Intense Oil & Polish Cleanser, IPA, paint cleaner, polish remover, wax remover

And "yes" I think the coating will work fine on the wheels if they are painted.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to confirm before I start buying everything. I have a griots garage 6" Dual Action Random Orbital Polisher. I am going to get Carpro essence and pair it with a black foam finishing pad. For the ipa wipedown I have 90% ipa. Should I dilute that with water and put it in a spray bottle or how would I use that? Also another question, I have 18" alloy wheels. Would cquarts 3.0 work on those too? Thanks
    I am going to agree with Mike. Just get Eraser. As far as using it on wheels you certainly can. I would go for the 50ml bottle though if that is the case.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have everything I need added to my cart, but I'm still not sure which polish to go for. I know the only way to really tell is with a test spot before doing the whole car, but I don't have the budget to buy different kinds to polishes to test this out. What would be the "safest" polish to buy that would most likely deliver the results I am looking for. Currently the car has minor to no swirl marks and some water spots. Once again I really appreciate everyone's help as I am new to ceramic coating.

Post Thanks / Like

You have received some good recommendations on polishes throughout your thread. I can not tell you what to get but only give you recommendations on those that I ave used. Folks have different definitions of minor imperfections. So go with one of the recommendations and start from there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast