autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which sealant?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Which sealant?

Hey ya'll,

So i'm getting a new Hyundai i30 (Polar White). Looking at once i get it, clay barring it, wash it, put a sealant on, using Meguires hybrid ceramic spray wax on top then using a Meguires ceramic detailer after every wash after. I live in Australia so a lot of the sealants i see recommended aren't available here. I just want it to protect the paint (I live in a tropical climate; sun/heat/wet seasons etc), along with looking good. I'm choosing between 3D Poxy, Meguires NXT or Wolfgang sealants. The Wolfgang is by far the most expensive, so i'm leaning towards the 3D Poxy. Any tips/recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which sealant?

Welcome to AGO.

The WG is a little expensive, but it will last a lot longer, and is a far superior product.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou for the welcome and thankyou for the advice Now to just find a decent cheap DA polisher for application!

Post Thanks / Like

I actually prefer to hand apply my waxes & sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the 'Geek.

Where will you be purchasing your products from ? If locally, Duragloss and Collinite products seem to be available there, and would be good choices for a sealant (Collinite is advertised as a "wax" but is more like a sealant). Collinite #476 might be the ticket for your climate.

Autogeek used to have an affiliation with a local (Australian) company but I'm not sure if that is still the case.

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogga85 View Post
    Hey ya'll,

So i'm getting a new Hyundai i30 (Polar White). Looking at once i get it, clay barring it, wash it, put a sealant on, using Meguires hybrid ceramic spray wax on top then using a Meguires ceramic detailer after every wash after. I live in Australia so a lot of the sealants i see recommended aren't available here. I just want it to protect the paint (I live in a tropical climate; sun/heat/wet seasons etc), along with looking good. I'm choosing between 3D Poxy, Meguires NXT or Wolfgang sealants. The Wolfgang is by far the most expensive, so i'm leaning towards the 3D Poxy. Any tips/recommendations?
    Autopia currently has Wolfgang SIO2 Sealant on sale for 29.99....3D Poxy is a hybrid, not a true sealant. I just applied the WG SIO2 to my truck and I really like the product. Just remember....some things are expensive because they're worth it

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou, i'm in Australia so the conversion (and shipping) wouldn't work out cheap for me, the only WolfGang sealant I can get here is the Deep Gloss Sealant, which i'm more than happy to pay for if it's worth the money!

Post Thanks / Like

WGDG is an excellent product. Tried and true product kind of forgotten about with the explosion of all the Si02 and coatings.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks looks like i'll get the WGDG, don't mind paying more for something if its worth it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogga85 View Post
    Thanks looks like i'll get the WGDG, don't mind paying more for something if its worth it!
    I've used it in the past....it's an excellent product as well.....you'll be happy with it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast