autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should I be looking at a sealant, wax, or coating for PPF? I don't want to have to polish off in the future.

Yeah, my experience is PNS will go over old PNS just fine.

I haven't used the products Guz suggested. But, he knows his stuff and those come from two great product lines.

So, you have three solid choices there.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should I be looking at a sealant, wax, or coating for PPF? I don't want to have to polish off in the future.

Re PNS wipe off... if you go light, it’s no problem. It’s REALLY hard to wipe off if you use too much.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

I have Xpel PPF on my entire car so I am speaking from personal experience. If you want the protection to last a year, I think you would have to go with a ceramic coating. I am not aware of any waxes or sealants that would last a year or longer. Ceramic coatings will not effect the self-healing properties of the PPF. Most makers of PPF, including Xpel, offer their own ceramic coatings to go on top of their PPF. I don't necessarily recommend the Xpel ceramic coating, but my point is that they would not offer them if they took away the self-healing properties of the PPF.

I personally use and recommend a ceramic-infused spray sealant. It won't last a year, but it is super easy to apply so it is no problem to reapply at least once every 4 or 5 months. And after a basic wash, you can use it as a drying aid to replenish it between applications. Whatever you use, just make sure it is safe for PPF. Here are two products I have personally used on my Xpel PPF. On the cheaper side, you can use Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray Sealant. On the more expensive side, you can use IGL Premier.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot Gyeon makes a full line dedicated to PPF.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12