autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GG Brilliant Finish Rinseless Dilution Ratios?

Quote Originally Posted by Cstamp3084 View Post
    The guy was very nice It just seemed he was reading from a cue card his reply was exactly what is written in there q&a. I guess I expected specific dilution ratios for different uses like mckees n914 and adg wipeout does. I enjoy griots products and I’m not bashing them. I’m just sharing my experience with what the original poster was asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I think that everyone can have a bad day at work. Maybe the GG guy was hungover after a bachelor party?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

The guy was very nice It just seemed he was reading from a cue card his reply was exactly what is written in there q&a. I guess I expected specific dilution ratios for different uses like mckees n914 and adg wipeout does. I enjoy griots products and I’m not bashing them. I’m just sharing my experience with what the original poster was asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I know you don't know me from Adam...or Adam's for that matter (see what I did there) but I'm somewhat recently back from a many month hiatus and have had a rep for being an agitator, as well as helpful here so take this for what its worth. You called and didn't quite get the help you needed but look where you are NOW, getting the help and that's what's great about this forumGG Brilliant Finish Rinseless Dilution Ratios?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes Cstamp3084 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    mentioned at 9:32 mark below... 1oz. per 6oz's of water (spray bottle)...

So my math wasn’t totally off! Brilliant Finish Rinseless is (6:1) my math had it at (5.36:1).

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ERP View Post
    So my math wasn’t totally off! Brilliant Finish Rinseless is (6:1) my math had it at (5.36:1).

Thanks!
    Brilliant Finish Rinseless is (6:1)

6. Likes ERP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Part of me wonders if they don’t recommend it at stiffer dilution ratios for other uses so they don’t steal sales from other (more expensive ) products. If it’s lubricious enough to be used for wash, I’d be surprised if it couldn’t be slippery enough for clay lube duty/etc.

The stuff reminds me of N914 (though honestly I like the Brilliant Finish better). You could try mixing smaller batches to try out and see what ratios you like best. I frequently do little ~8oz spray bottles to play around.

Haven’t had a chance to check out the video Visitor shared. But my thoughts - For presoak, you could riff on the N914 ratios, bumped up to reflect respective Rinseless ratios. You could also try it at the 15:1 like the Rinseless Wash and Wax, or I think you already did the math for If Rinseless Wash and Wax is 320:1 at Rinseless, or 15:1 for presoak/waterless, and Brilliant Finish Rinseless is 128:1 at Rinseless, then... crud- math’s not my strong suit. But I think your math checked out earlier.

If you wanted to use it for purposes other than pretreat at stiffer dilutions, you could always start with it on glass and see how it goes. I’ll confess I’ve mixed up Brilliant Finish at a stronger ratio and I use it for windows - works great. I’m kicking myself for not writing down what ratio I did.

I think you’ll like the Brilliant Finish if you haven’t used it yet. So many variables come into play, but lately I reach for it vs N914 if I’m going leave-nothing Rinseless. I got Uber when it was a big forum favorite - it has a nice look, but I’ve gone away from using it because I swear it leaves the car a dust magnet. Sorry to jump off topic there, but let us know what you think!

8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to add - I had also called Griots when Brilliant Finish Rinseless first came out to ask about stronger dilutions, and at that time they weren’t recommending it for anything other than the 128:1 Rinseless.

I’m glad they’re featuring it more. It had a long run after they released it where they didn’t have it in their catalog or even really easy to find on their website. I was afraid it was gonna risk getting canceled. I suppose it makes a lot more sense in their line up now that they’ve got their Ceramic 3&1.

10. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I use it, I usually go about 4 oz to about 3-3.5 gallons of water and have EXCELLENT results! This product needs waaaaay more attention IMOGG Brilliant Finish Rinseless Dilution Ratios?GG Brilliant Finish Rinseless Dilution Ratios?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    When I use it, I usually go about 4 oz to about 3-3.5 gallons of water and have EXCELLENT results! This product needs waaaaay more attention IMOGG Brilliant Finish Rinseless Dilution Ratios?GG Brilliant Finish Rinseless Dilution Ratios?

Go heavy or go home.

Don't sweat the minutia! JMO
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Go heavy or go home.

Don't sweat the minutia! JMO
    I always doubt the ratio with N914 and GG Brillant Finish RW GG Brilliant Finish Rinseless Dilution Ratios?

14. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah griots has a waterless wash and waterless wash dilution (which is what most use for pre treat) would take away from those sales.

I just use double the amount 1/2oz 32oz bottle and that works well as a pretreat.

I use 2.5oz in 2gallon bucket for rinseless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123