autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Glaze That Hides Swirls & Protects

Is there a glaze out there that fills and protects ?
    Darren

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glaze That Hides Swirls & Protects

CarPro Essence Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darren F View Post
    Is there a glaze out there that
    fills and protects?
    Finding a Glaze—aka: Pure Polish—that
    also provides protection is going to be
    one tough assignment.

Accordingly:
    •Depending on your definition of “some”...
    -Mothers Professional Hand Glaze does
    provide “some” protection.

•My choice for a Glaze that will protect is:
    -Meguiar’s M305 Ultra Finishing Durable Glaze.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Essence can be used as a Stand Alone and I have done that. It produces outstanding finishes and is easy to use. It's my go-to product for polishing. I do tend to use it with mostly coatings as the LSP.

CarPro Essence https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-essence-xtreme.html

CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer is the future of all-in-one products. Featuring a specialized blend of durable resins that produce an unparalleled gloss, nano-tech Quartz technology, and fine abrasives that break down easily, CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer has the power to correct, enhance, prep, and protect all in one application. Whether it’s used by hand or machine, CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer brings your paint to the next level.

“Life-saver” might be too strong of a phrase when talking about an all-in-one product, but “money-saver” or “time-saver” are right on the money. When detailing professionally, an all-in-one product keeps you moving while giving you impressive results that keeps customer asking for more. CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer embodies everything that makes up an all-in-one product – plus some extras you’re going to love.

CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer uses the fine abrasives manufactured into the formula to remove light swirls and scratches, while also leaving behind semi-permanent fillers to level out and perfect the finish. Instead of just creating the illusion of perfect paint, as many other all-in-one product do, CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer actually perfects the paint!

CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer produces an extremely high gloss, thanks to the combination of the same abrasives that remove imperfections as well as the durable resins included. When used with a finishing pad, CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer will blow you away with the amazing finish left behind.

The Sio2 Quartz protection incorporated into the CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer formula leaves a strong layer of protection behind, with minimal effort. However, CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer is the perfect prep polish when used before applying a coating of CarPro CQuartz. After being polished with CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer, your paint will bond quickly and effectively with CarPro CQuartz, or even CarPro Reload, creating a hard layer of protection.

CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer is very versatile and may have been just the product you’ve been looking for!
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

5. Likes Bobh59 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't use a pure glaze, however I can tell you Megs Ultimate Polish did wonders on my Pantera. It was difficult to remove on my late model corvette though. YRMV

Post Thanks / Like

IGL F4 renew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbykart View Post
    I don't use a pure glaze, however I can tell you Megs Ultimate Polish did wonders on my Pantera. It was difficult to remove on my late model corvette though. YRMV
    You are not alone. Meg's UP works well, but what a b!tch to remove.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Try this: Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax is unlike any other car wax! Tech Wax, a synthetic, scientifically engineered paint sealant, is an alternative to

If you can find Prima Banana Gloss, that fills really well, is super easy to use and last about 6 weeks.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Along these lines I got the WGFG with the thought of using that to clean the paint up (remove the Megs Ultimate Liquid wax) after I do a clay bar. I plan then to put WGSio2 Sealant on top. Does the above jive, cause problems or do not do what I am intending. I was under the understanding the finishing glaze was more like a polish if I recall Mike's information correctly.

I gambled dog piling on this thread as it was close versus creating my own thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcats98 View Post
    Along these lines I got the WGFG with the thought of using that to clean the paint up (remove the Megs Ultimate Liquid wax) after I do a clay bar. I plan then to put WGSio2 Sealant on top. Does the above jive, cause problems or do not do what I am intending. I was under the understanding the finishing glaze was more like a polish if I recall Mike's information correctly.

I gambled dog piling on this thread as it was close versus creating my own thread.

Problem in the industry is that there are no standards for definitions. The WGFG is actually a finishing polish. Your process seems legit as the WGFG will abrade the wax away with its super fine abrasives.

Most people consider a glaze as a product that can fill light swirls and add gloss with no real protection of it’s own.
    Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast