autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Reset or Megs HyperWash?

Must be some interesting chemistry to have that level of cleaning power but with a neutral pH. Optimum Power Clean is sort of like that, but not quite as the pH is around 10, which is still a lot lower than other APC's. More than one way to skin a cat.

2. Likes NoClue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I think CarPro screwed up calling this soap "Reset" as it gives the impression that this is a strip wash when in fact it is pH neutral. That said, there is no denying it's cleaning ability or slickness. I have been using Reset a fair bit lately, I think it's actually better than the current "it" soap, Koch Chemie GSF. Both are great soaps, but Reset is better no question in my mind. Cost, at least in Australia, is similar between Reset and GSF.

Can I ask how much Reset you add to your foam cannon. I add about 100ml into my MTM cannon and have never had any issue with how Reset foams.

I agree on the name choice not being ideal, it does sound like a surface prep soap that is high pH. But, from a coating maintenance standpoint the name does make a little sense. I think Refresh would've been much better, and clearer as to it's purpose.

I add one ounce roughly(use a Pepto cap with the marks lol) to the foam cannon when using Reset. I prefer a dedicated snowfoam like the Sonax actifoam but I have played with the Reset some. I think I need to change my pressure washer formula. I am using my brother in laws(a super duper 3,200psi gas power monster) and my dads old af Hosty from the late 80s that USED to be about 2,200psi but just using it I know it no longer reaches that. We are getting the keys to the new house next week and my very first personal garage. A pressure washer is high on the to-get soon list. Open to recommendations on specs I know GPM is more critical for good snow foam performance over pressure. I am not trying to remove paint and cut concrete here. Haha.

Judging by your photos you are certainly getting a bit better lather from the Reset out of the cannon. I have a very slimy result that still cleans well but runs off very fast compared to the Actifoam Energy. I like a good 4+ minute hangtime with is easy to achieve with the Sonax.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    Must be some interesting chemistry to have that level of cleaning power but with a neutral pH. Optimum Power Clean is sort of like that, but not quite as the pH is around 10, which is still a lot lower than other APC's. More than one way to skin a cat.
    Carpro spends a lot of time on R&D and focuses on the contents of the container. Others seem to focus more on the container/smell than performance.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

5. Likes CleanIT, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    Carpro spends a lot of time on R&D and focuses on the contents of the container. Others seem to focus more on the container/smell than performance.
    I get that but other than reset I think CarPro charges too much. Lift isn’t as good as Bilt Hamber AutoFoam and i get that shipped from england for $50

I’ve gotten as good or better from Blackfire Iron remover and seen alot of pro’s use Adam’s for half the price after discounts.

Multi X is the worse! I haven’t used to many APC’s as LATA works for me which is a $1 for 22oz. But i doubt as many reviewers here love Optimum power Cleaan, Multi X is worth twice?

Retyre twice the price as Tufshine?

I’m comparing these in gallons but no way there paying twice to formulate.

Also i feel CarPro customers are going Adam’s route. No knock on Adams as they make some great products and I can bet any manufacturer l/reseller would love that as it’s great for business.

Only benefits i can see is synergy or great pics for social media as using all of one like looks good in pics.

Not knocking quality of CarPro’s products as I’m sure they are all upper echelon. Just that there overpriced.

Reset is for me the best Soap as it is truly a different product.

Funny CQUK3 is probably one of the best consumer coatings and also one of the cheapest based on quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes dgage, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I get that but other than reset I think CarPro charges too much. Lift isn’t as good as Bilt Hamber AutoFoam and i get that shipped from england for $50

I’ve gotten as good or better from Blackfire Iron remover and seen alot of pro’s use Adam’s for half the price after discounts.

Multi X is the worse! I haven’t used to many APC’s as LATA works for me which is a $1 for 22oz. But i doubt as many reviewers here love Optimum power Cleaan, Multi X is worth twice?

Also i feel CarPro customers are going Adam’s route. No knock on Adams as they make some great products and I can bet any manufacturer l/reseller would love that as it’s great for business.

Only benefits i can see is synergy or great pics for social media as using all of one like looks good in pics.

Not knocking quality of CarPro’s products as I’m sure they are all upper echelon. Just that there overpriced.

Funny CQUK3 is probably one of the best consumer coatings and also one of the cheapest based on quality.
    I liked this 100 times in my head but the button would only allow one upvote. In general I’m a CarPro fan but by product, not by the entire overpriced (generally) line.

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the official CarPro wording on Reset -

"Reset utilizes intelligent pH surfactants, which feature the strength of an alkaline cleaner whilst remaining pH-neutral in solution. This helps to break down dirt and traffic films in order to maintain the coating’s hydrophobicity. Combined with strong lubrication, easy residue-free rinsing, economical dilution ratio (500:1) and high foaming action, reset is the perfect shampoo for maintaining your CQUARTZ coat’s beauty and performance."

Talking around in circles to me. Whatever they have done, it's clearly been designed to be a strong cleaner beyond what a wax or sealant can handle, but not enough to harm a ceramic coating.

11. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

There is finally a seller stateside for Bilt Hamber BTW. Probably save ya a bunch on shipping I would imagine. One would hope anyways. They're out of PA.

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I liked this 100 times in my head but the button would only allow one upvote. In general I’m a CarPro fan but by product, not by the entire overpriced (generally) line.
    Yea no one should buy products just because they are pricy under the assumption they're the best based on price alone. I understand Carpro stuff is expensive but as someone who doesn't do this for profit I hold cost very low on my priority list when buying/searching for new product. If I had an overhead I would care more for sure.

15. Likes dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    There is finally a seller stateside for Bilt Hamber BTW. Probably save ya a bunch on shipping I would imagine. One would hope anyways. They're out of PA.
    I’ve im ordering otherthings it’s actually a little cheaper

Post Thanks / Like

They actually local for me but I haven't tried any Bilt Hamber products yet.

18. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast