autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: McKee's 360

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 360

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I'll likely go back to TW Seal N Shine. Incredible value. Held up far better than the McKee's. Not even close.
    Better than Mckees 360, and Mckees Hydro Blue, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Better than Mckees 360, and Mckees Hydro Blue, right?
    I believe it is. The durability was better. This week I noticed yet more etching from bird droppings. I feel the protection is very minimal with McKee's.

With Hydro Blue, I found you have to apply a lot of it for it to really last. And it still doesn't last long.

Post Thanks / Like

With Hydro Blue, I found you have to apply a lot of it for it to really last. And it still doesn't last long.
    Understood. But you haven’t tried on bare paint yet, right? Just on the 360. Although I still only get a 4-6 weeks out of HB on bare paint if I recall. But thats better than 1-2 weeks you are getting on top of 360.

4. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Understood. But you haven’t tried on bare paint yet, right? Just on the 360. Although I still only get a 4-6 weeks out of HB on bare paint if I recall. But thats better than 1-2 weeks you are getting on top of 360.
    That is correct, yeah. Only on top of 360. The paint and car does look good. I'm just finding poor water beading and etching far too often.

Post Thanks / Like

Update:

Had yet more bird droppings on the hood of my car last week. Wasn't on the car more than 2 days if I had to guess. I removed it and there is more etching yet again. It looks like melted plastic. I've never seen anything like it. I wasn't able to take a picture of it due to how it looked and how reflective it was. I even had my gf try.

HUGE thumbs down for McKee's. You would think between using their soap, AIO 360 AND HydroBlue Pro that I'd have sufficient protection. This will be the last time I ever use their products. Awful.

I've been fair about it and gave it a chance. Everything was applied professionally and used exactly as intended.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been fair about it and gave it a chance. Everything was applied professionally and used exactly as intended.

What I was trying to point out in earlier posts was that Hydro Blue is not being applied as intended. It should be applied on bare surface or coating, so it’s hard to knock the Hydro Blue for not performing. But I understand your disappointment anyways... and although bird poi’s can sometimes be acidic and eat through clear coat easily, therefore anything, it sounds like you either have a lot of heavy-acid-poop birds lately or the protection on there (mainly 360) isn’t doing much for you. Hopefully the etchings polish off though.

8. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using Hydro Blue after each wash. The beading is poor and I experienced yet more etching from bird droppings that were there for 2 days. (having a hard time removing it) Not impressed at all with McKee's. I even use their soap.

These pics are 2 weeks after a wash, give or take a few days. This is the least durable product I've used. TWSNS had superior durability. Same conditions. Possibly worse conditions.
    Update:

Had yet more bird droppings on the hood of my car last week. Wasn't on the car more than 2 days if I had to guess. I removed it and there is more etching yet again. It looks like melted plastic. I've never seen anything like it. I wasn't able to take a picture of it due to how it looked and how reflective it was. I even had my gf try.

HUGE thumbs down for McKee's. You would think between using their soap, AIO 360 AND HydroBlue Pro that I'd have sufficient protection. This will be the last time I ever use their products. Awful.

Wild. Thank you for the update.

10. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What I was trying to point out in earlier posts was that Hydro Blue is not being applied as intended. It should be applied on bare surface or coating, so it’s hard to knock the Hydro Blue for not performing. But I understand your disappointment anyways... and although bird poi’s can sometimes be acidic and eat through clear coat easily, therefore anything, it sounds like you either have a lot of heavy-acid-poop birds lately or the protection on there (mainly 360) isn’t doing much for you. Hopefully the etchings polish off though.
    I hope so too. My plan is to wash, clay, wash with dish soap (Dawn), polish those areas if need be, then move on to something else.

12. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The beading of Hydro Blue is good though right after initial rinse, correct? It always beads real nice at first for me but I never let it sit to check durability (mostly use on my wheels every wash).

If you are using Hydro Blue on top of 360, I would imagine it’s not bonding well at all. It’s really meant for a bare service or coating topper. If you are only getting a few weeks of poor beading on bare paint I would be surprised, but not too surprised with it doing that on top of 360.
    i also limit hydro to my rims. iirc, it's not recommended for glass, and due to the cost and other options out there, I don't know many using it on the body.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

It rained over night, which is 5 days after I did a wash. I'm already noticing the water beading is changing. I want to keep an eye on it and see what happens without using the Hydro Blue on top of the 360. It is possible that it contributed to the etching, but I'm not sure yet. Keeping Hydro for the wheels/rims is a great idea. I wish I had thought of that. My thinking was to add HB as a topper for additional protection. Trial and error...

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast