autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: McKee's 360

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 360

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’ve got nothing but love for you, brother.McKee's 360
    Same!

2. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Not all sealants have the same water behavior. And not all hose spray patterns promote the same type of water behavior. By your definition, M21 fails from the moment it’s applied. In my definition, protection is protection. And that roof is still clearly protected.
    And I don’t understand what the compromise is that’s is settling. Within 12-15 seconds these panels are 98% rid of water. And the panel looked completely clean the other day as all the pollen washed off from a moderate rain. There’s no risk of water spots.
    This right here. I'll also judge on the baggie test, and the very subjective "how easy did that bird bomb/bug splat clean off after it sat for awhile."

But if the product *starts* with great water beading and the beading degrades, then I just assume the product (and any other characteristics) has also degraded.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s 2020... You’d think we’d be able to post videos straight from our phones on here. Smh.

5. Likes Belo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a video from today showing my hose ‘flat’ spray setting. It’s less flooding and more of a touchless car wash style spray.

And for whatever it’s worth, Cancoat beads great but the beads remain while car is stationary. The 360 portion on horizontal panels sheets off 98% of water. More of that beading versus sheeting talk... but when the car is in motion, the Cancoat beads fly off pretty quickly.

Note: my lack of ability to flood the roof (hose sprayer is rusted on the house attachment) makes it hard for me to do a classic standstill sheeting comparison.

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

And a few pics from this morning after rain last night. Still alive, in these bloodshot eyes.
    McKee's 360-img_3106-jpg
    McKee's 360-img_3105-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 360

I’m very surprised at how the water behavior went from being able to pool on the surface when spraying it with the shower setting as shown in these pics.

To what the water behavior was the next day in the video you posted.^^
    That’s quite an anomaly.

Or was the water behavior in those 1st pics from the pre rinse before washing the vehicle? Until now I was under the assumption that the rinse was after washing took place..

Post Thanks / Like

@Eldorado2k:
    The pictures you show above where you call 360 dead, those are after Hyperwash, on ‘shower’ setting on Saturday 5/30.

The video is that same night (5/30) after some pollen accumulation, but more importantly in my opinion, on ‘flat’ setting with is like a fast hitting flat shower.

I then washed the car with Hyperwash that same night (5/30, second roof wash that day).

Then the rain pics are after the car had sat around outside for 1.5 days and accumulated a decent amount of dust/pollen (Monday 6/1, but note that prime pollen season has ended).

So in summary, either the 360 looks/behaves better when dirty (video and post rain), or the shower setting on my hose, in combination with the water in my area, causes some undesirable looking water behavior. Based on my other horizontal tests I’ve been doing, I’m already aware that the shower setting doesn’t give LSPs their best look on horizontal panels... pretty funky.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the general takeaway here is that there are many variables with regards to paint, chemicals, environment etc. This is something we all know. I'm glad that this thread shows 2 different results and as a result I would urge users who are looking to try a new AIO to give it a shot and add their testimony.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

6/4/20 (3 weeks):
    After intense T-storms
    McKee's 360-img_3205-jpg
    McKee's 360-img_3206-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    TBO the liquid sealant I personally use and what I consider to be the best liquid sealant ever created is a product that was discontinued about 5yrs. ago... I was able to predict it would be discontinued just before it happened and managed to pick up enough to last me the rest of my life.

It’s the same stuff you see beading on the passenger side of the roof in the experiment I posted earlier in this thread.

How was I able to predict it would soon be discontinued? Easy, it was too good to be true. And when you have that then you also have the risk of the manufacturer somehow being dumb enough to discontinue it and that’s exactly what they did... Same exact thing happened to the TW Endura Tire Coating and there still doesn’t exist a tire product that can match what it was pound for pound.

I’ve never found another liquid sealant that can match it all things considered.. But if I were to recommend something that Should work I guess things like Collonite come to mind? However I’m pretty sure that’s technically a durable carnuba wax and therefore wouldn’t pair best with my other recommendation to go with it, which is Beadmaker.

So because of that I guess I’d probably recommend something like Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish as a base layer then topped with Beadmaker as a drying aid every single time the truck is washed [that includes quik detail wipedowns and waterless washes] Every 1-2 weeks with some Beadmaker and at least 4 times per year a dedicated base layer with the Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish.

That process Shouldn’t need any special reseting or re starting from scratch which is something I always like to not have to constantly do.

That’s exactly how I treat my own car. I just make sure to lay down that dedicated layer of sealant every 3 months, no special prep needed, I certainly don’t have to polish my car for the foreseeable future unless I have somekind of burning desire to have fun [which we can all relate to]

P.S. Based on your own current description saying that the “gloss is great” tells me that you maintain it washed and clean at most times and that alone will carry it much futher than the same truck left in the hands of an owner doesn’t care or have the time to keep their truck anywhere near as clean as yours.

Keep that in mind and you’ll see you have almost nothing to actually worry about. McKee's 360
    What is your process before laying down your base sealent or wax (every 3 months). I noticed you had said that you dont polish prior. Do you do anything particular prior, or just lay it down over the maintenance waxes? *****im still trying to figure out how to "quote" only portions of someones post. Not sure if its possible using the mobile tapatalk app i use.....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast