autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: McKee's 360

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 360

Ceramic Auto Wash is supposed to leave it’s own heavy SiO2 protection behind. So I would think it, along with Hydro Blue Pro, you’re seeing these products. The 360 should be hidden beneath if it’s still there, right?

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say I'm *that* disappointed. It just might good idea to do *something* to the paint after the first wash if the car is a daily. Going forward if I need any sort of longevity from that first application I'll do a dedicated polish then LSP. My reason for choosing an AIO was mostly about ease of use; I'm either working outside or in a garage with less than perfect lighting in these cases. I almost feel "guilty" putting a coating product on a production-buff type detail and it might be more hassle than its worth. That being said I'm going to consider grabbing a "coating-lite" type product like Cancoat or even PNS as the question is "do I want to spend an extra 20-30 min now or later" to add protection.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just a hobbyist, I get paid nothing lol. I probably wont buy another bottle of 360, as I like speed a little better but this thread still baffles me. I saw good performance and I'm wondering if they made a bad batch or something? My bottle is a year or 2 old when I used it first.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

I'm often times paid in beer

Something I forgot to mention if you're going for "Maximum Efficiency" is that the pads were a bear to clean, like trying to clean out 10 heavy sealant pads. Kind of reminded me of when I would do a rinseless wash in 30 minutes but spend an hour inspecting and picking lint out of the towels after I washed them...

Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 360

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post
    I'm just a hobbyist, I get paid nothing lol. I probably wont buy another bottle of 360, as I like speed a little better but this thread still baffles me. I saw good performance and I'm wondering if they made a bad batch or something? My bottle is a year or 2 old when I used it first.
    Same results from HD Speed in regards to longevity... I’ve gone through almost 2 bottles of it and I’ve never seen it last more than a couple of weeks. However on the day of I must admit when paired with great paint HD Speed tends to look phenomenal.

I found these old pics from when I polished my old Cadillac with HD Speed.
    These pics are all time stamped. Check it out.

I allowed HD Speed to haze for an hour before removing and it left my paint looking amazing.

After just 5 days of perfect California weather, 5 days as proved by the time stamp on the pics...

Virtually zero beading or any other indication that there was anything left protecting my paint.

FYI: My cars paint had been beading fiercely non stop for almost an entire year before I polished it with HD Speed.

I used Beadmaker for the 1st time right after I took those pics. So that made things alot better.McKee's 360

6. Likes DetailZeus, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But even with all their drawbacks in terms of longevity, there’s still plenty of times and places to use an AIO... I’ve used pretty much all of the ones sold here on AG and will continue to keep them on my shelf for those certain times when they fit the job, but IME and many tests none of them last. None of them them.

Yet there’s still a place for them and always will be. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    But even with all their drawbacks in terms of longevity, there’s still plenty of times and places to use an AIO... I’ve used pretty much all of the ones sold here on AG and will continue to keep them on my shelf for those certain times when they fit the job, but IME and many tests none of them last. None of them them.

Yet there’s still a place for them and always will be. Lol.
    Yes, you taught me they are quicker and easier than normal polishes due to wipe off (leaving it on, simple wipe off). So if a person plans on using an LSP that goes well on top of AIO sealant, it still seems advantageous over a normal polish if time is limited.

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Yes, you taught me they are quicker and easier than normal polishes due to wipe off (leaving it on, simple wipe off). So if a person plans on using an LSP that goes well on top of AIO sealant, it still seems advantageous over a normal polish if time is limited.
    I didn't find the wipe off on 360 completely effortless, though probably my own fault because I grabbed lunch before I came back and wiped it off. Though IIRC you can leave HD speed and Blackfire One-Step to sit pretty much indefinitely and still wipe off, is that true?

Also has anyone tried throwing down some spray wax during wipe off? I vaguely remember a thread where someone put down some PNS on top of essence without buffing first and it came out fine. I know this is total laziness but I'm just curious.

Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 360

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I think the best time for an AIO is when performing the 1st mini detail on a customer’s vehicle where they’re going to want you to regularly maintain it on a schedule from that point forward... Because it’s gonna pop that 1st day and make an amazing impression, and by the time you see it again in 7-10 days it’ll be perfect time to begin its routine spray wax regimen which is enough to carry it a very long ways since it’ll happen every time you see it.

Clay it/Nanoskin Mitt.
    AIO with whichever 1 you like best.
    And after your 1st follow up visit, drench it with Beadmaker.
    Invite the customer outside to literally Touch their paint..

Wow factor!McKee's 360 They can never believe how smooth their paint is. That’s when they realize the value you provide. Money maker right there.McKee's 360

Best of all the vehicle has now become a freakin breeze for you to maintain. It’s a win win situation.

12. Likes DMiglio, DetailZeus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    I'm often times paid in beer

Something I forgot to mention if you're going for "Maximum Efficiency" is that the pads were a bear to clean, like trying to clean out 10 heavy sealant pads. Kind of reminded me of when I would do a rinseless wash in 30 minutes but spend an hour inspecting and picking lint out of the towels after I washed them...
    what pads are you guys using? maybe too abrasive and it's wearing off the protectant? I've only used the green AIO CCS pads.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast