autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: McKee's 360

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 360

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Ok the test has officially started: McKee’s 37 360 AIO longevity test.

*Perfectly Prepped Surface. No corners were cut*

Longevity test has officially started.McKee's 360
    All this work and it’ll fail in only a few weeks jk jk but I know your area seems quite harsh on LSP’s Ric!

Looking forward to this though!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    All this work and it’ll fail in only a few weeks jk jk but I know your area seems quite harsh on LSP’s Ric!

Looking forward to this though!
    It’s only somewhat harsh as far as possible bonded contaminants.. But the lack of rain makes for ideal conditions when it comes to water behavior. It’s beading country down here. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Haha I remember you posting pics maybe a month ago and there must’ve been 10,000 beads on your car, no lie! Beading country indeed!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

4. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s only somewhat harsh as far as possible bonded contaminants.. But the lack of rain makes for ideal conditions when it comes to water behavior. It’s beading country down here. Lol
    Is SoCal experiencing a heat wave right now? I wonder if heavy dry heat will punish 360 like my theory about Arizona would. But maybe the area during heateave still isn’t as brutal as Arizona during normal summer.

Post Thanks / Like

[...] Longevity test has officially started [...]
    Thanks for doing this test! I hope you get a little more longevity from it this time. Props to you doing the extra step with the prep polish. Probably overkill for the mk360 but it puts the sealant on a level playing field.

The vehicle I did had not been polished in 2 years. I used mk360 on some LC white pads and was amazed at some of the grime it pulled out on some panels even after a full wash, decon, and clay. And this vehicle was maintained by me so it was not neglected, and previously had some sort of protection added after nearly every wash, almost overkill. But it's real DD and driven in the midwest through all four seasons so I guess that's just what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

After polishing then 360, it doesn't seem as hydrophobic as TW Seal N Shine. The beading isn't nearly as good. Not sure why. Using Hydro Blue Pro ever 3 weeks or so on top.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    After polishing then 360, it doesn't seem as hydrophobic as TW Seal N Shine. The beading isn't nearly as good. Not sure why. Using Hydro Blue Pro ever 3 weeks or so on top.
    360 is pure sealant left behind. TW SNS seems like more of a new-age, PNS type of ‘polymer coating’. If Hydro Blue Pro is like the original, I’m sure it’s taking care of the beading for you. The sealant underneath provides solid protection, as I still believe pure sealants probably protect against etching, bird bombs, sap and tar better than anything else, at least in my experience so far.

9. Likes DetailZeus, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    360 is pure sealant left behind. TW SNS seems like more of a new-age, PNS type of ‘polymer coating’. If Hydro Blue Pro is like the original, I’m sure it’s taking care of the beading for you. The sealant underneath provides solid protection, as I still believe pure sealants probably protect against etching, bird bombs, sap and tar better than anything else, at least in my experience so far.
    One thing I've noticed is how great the car looks even when dirty after rain etc. It retains the shine. So the 360 is clearly working at some level.

11. Likes DetailZeus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

15 day update: As predicted the vehicle bearly moved in the entire 15 days. It might’ve been to the store once and that’s it. No rain. Just parked outside. It was a bit dirty with bird bombs and a layer of dust.

Here’s the 1st water to hit it in 15 days since application.

More water...

Same result.

More water...

Same result.

So I decided to give the entire roof a quik wash with Megs Hyper Wash, to see if it made any difference.

It made no difference.

I gave it every chance in world to succeed, but as we can clearly see, the McKee’s 360 didn’t last 2 weeks...

And while going over it with the washmitt, the 360 side was much more difficult to get clean as the slickness on the paint was at a bare minimum compared to the other side which allowed the mitt to glide across the paint and remove the bird bombs, dirt, & debris with little to no effort.

I must say I’m not surprised. Even with the perfect prep and optimal conditions, there’s no normal AIO that should be expected to last more than 2-3 weeks.

Thx for reading.

13. Thanks CleanIT, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor, Jimmy Vegas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^I’m amazed.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast