autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a good interior detailer and uv protection spray

I just picked up some DP Interior All in One. It leaves a matte finish and really no noticeable scent. I usually use Megs Quik Interior Detailer but I like the DP.

Post Thanks / Like

Its not that I don't like the Speed Detailer. I am just not sure its getting the UV stuff. When I wash I am OCD and have to touch the plastic. If I don't, it looks kinda grayed out and blah. They graying might just be drying out...or not enough UV protection. I honestly dunno.

I love the look just after the detailer and its easy as pie to work with. Its not shiny or dull...it just looks "new".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcats98 View Post
    Its not that I don't like the Speed Detailer. I am just not sure its getting the UV stuff. When I wash I am OCD and have to touch the plastic. If I don't, it looks kinda grayed out and blah. They graying might just be drying out...or not enough UV protection. I honestly dunno.

I love the look just after the detailer and its easy as pie to work with. Its not shiny or dull...it just looks "new".
    If you're looking for a longer lasting solution then a coating like CarPro DLUX is the way to go, as OMGClayAiken mentioned.

Another option is a sealant such as Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant (WETS), but that doesn't last nearly as long before reapplication is required (I get 3 months out of it in my environment).

If you want to use just one product for your paint and trim then Optimum Car Wax works well in that regard, but would require more frequent application.

4. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    If you're looking for a longer lasting solution then a coating like CarPro DLUX is the way to go, as OMGClayAiken mentioned.

Another option is a sealant such as Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant (WETS), but that doesn't last nearly as long before reapplication is required (I get 3 months out of it in my environment).

If you want to use just one product for your paint and trim then Optimum Car Wax works well in that regard, but would require more frequent application.
    Hmm, Ill check out both (not that I was ignoring OMGClayAikens comments). I am sorta into the Wolfgang thing right now. Blew a bunch of money yesterday due to the 25% sale to get established.

Three months is better than a wash and required reapplication which is how the Speed Detailer seems to be. I am going to be moving to Uber Wash with the SiO2 maybe WETS and that play nice together? Ill have to look into both WETS and CPD.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used GG Interior cleaner & Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel. Both have been very good, I especially like the Ultima. For UV Protection I use Aerospace 303, but thought I would try the DP version of interior cleaner.
    Last edited by Hermes1; 04-25-2020 at 02:02 PM. Reason: content
    Sincerely, Bruce
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 Cummins DRW w/AISIN tranny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OMGClayAiken View Post
    If you are looking for long lasting exterior protection for trim I highly recommend Carpro Delux. 25% off right now as well.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post

DLUX is nice for interior plastic trim but Cquartz Leather is better for vinyl/leather areas. Coated my interior and the interior of my dad's car using these two products. Don't expect Cquartz Leather to alter the look too much more of a newish appearance as long as the surface is in good shape. DLUX will also give the plastic trim a like new appearance. It has helped with dust not accumulating so much on the surfaces.

Post Thanks / Like

I've done a 180 on IDs. Lately I've been staying away from alcohol based interior detailers due to the possibility of the alcohol drying things out. I have no proof that is the case. I've been using Ech20 which works well, however I've found over time it gets blotchy on some of the Fisher Price cheap GM interior plastics. I didn't have a bottle of ONR ready, which I often use for the interior, so I grabbed Optimum Paint Prep. It worked extremely well. I asked the OPT guys if it's safe on the interior and they said Paint Prep is safe on all interior surfaces. It does contain a small amount of alcohol but not enough to be dangerous. The interior materials look OEM fresh now. I'm going to stick with ID's that clean well and let the OEM materials (which already have UV protection built in) look as is. I just don't like IDs that leave anything behind because over time it can wear uneven and feel a tad greasy.

A gallon of Paint Prep is very economical too.

9. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Meg's Quik Interior Detailer and 303 Aerospace. Meg's is a less slick and glossy finish so prefer that for my dash. I noticed sun glare off the dash when using anything glossy, like 303. What's nice about Meg's is that if you run out you can almost always fins it locally on a shelf somewhere in a pinch.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

11. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    I use Meg's Quik Interior Detailer and 303 Aerospace. Meg's is a less slick and glossy finish so prefer that for my dash. I noticed sun glare off the dash when using anything glossy, like 303. What's nice about Meg's is that if you run out you can almost always fins it locally on a shelf somewhere in a pinch.
    I like both of those. Megs Quik is great. What I like most about 303 is how well it levels out.

13. Likes PouncingPanzer, chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    I like both of those. Megs Quik is great. What I like most about 303 is how well it levels out.
    The Meg's works GREAT on all screens including your PC or TVs. I also use the 303 to maintain my nicer dress shoes and people frequently ask if I have new shoes on
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

15. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, chilly liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast