autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a good interior detailer and uv protection spray

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    P&s Xpress interior detailer for the win. Adam’s is also nice and it’s anti microbial, has UV blocker’s, odor neutralizer’s and ant static additives(?).

The P&S get’s rave reviews by Pan, Obsessed, The rag Company. Only $15.99 a gallon. I like it as well as Meg’s IQD but have only used otc version.

P&S Xpress Interior Cleaner 128 oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    X2 for P&S Xpress interior detailer....I've used Meguiars QID, Griots Interior Cleaner and McKees Fast Interior Detailer too...and this is the one I like best.

Post Thanks / Like

P&s Xpress interior detailer for the win. Adam’s is also nice and it’s anti microbial, has UV blocker’s, odor neutralizer’s and ant static additives(?).

The P&S get’s rave reviews by Pan, Obsessed, The rag Company. Only $15.99 a gallon. I like it as well as Meg’s IQD but have only used otc version.

P&S Xpress Interior Cleaner 128 oz.

I've always been hesitant to pull the trigger on this because I was under the impression that it is just a cleaner and does not provide any UV protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    I've always been hesitant to pull the trigger on this because I was under the impression that it is just a cleaner and does not provide any UV protection.
    I believe ur correct...I can not find anything that says it provides UV protection

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a good interior detailer and uv protection spray

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Yeah I read OP’s post as

Quote Originally Posted by Temple90 View Post
    I am looking for a quick detailer and uv protection spray.
    I tried IGL ecoclean interior, but it left some streaking on the plastics.
    Read: 2 products. Xpress cleans only but maybe that’s why I like it? Looking for a good interior detailer and uv protection spray I didn’t make a suggestion for seperate protection as I’ve never really used any before as I felt I really didn’t need UV protection before my convertibles.

He is looking for a Quick Detailer WITH UV protection.

Yes Xpress doesn’t seem to offer protection.

The one’s that i’ve used that do

Adams>Meguiars

The Meg’s is a good product... I just like the look a little better and like that it’s anti bacterial. Im sure the Griots and Mckee’s are stellar too as they make good products.

Op I’m not sure how much protection IQD’s leave behind. I wouldn’t count on an exterior QD to leave enough protection for my paint.

Protect with 303 or the like and use one of these QD’s to maintain?

Also to note:

I called xPress interior detailer and I quoted it wrong. It is Xpress interior cleaner...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I read OP’s post as

Read: 2 products. Xpress cleans only but maybe that’s why I like it? Looking for a good interior detailer and uv protection spray I didn’t make a suggestion for seperate protection as I’ve never really used any before as I felt I really didn’t need UV protection before my convertibles.

He is looking for a Quick Detailer WITH UV protection.

Yes Xpress doesn’t seem to offer protection.

The one’s that i’ve used that do

Adams>Meguiars

The Meg’s is a good product... I just like the look a little better and like that it’s anti bacterial. Im sure the Griots and Mckee’s are stellar too as they make good products.

Op I’m not sure how much protection IQD’s leave behind. I wouldn’t count on an exterior QD to leave enough protection for my paint.

Protect with 303 or the like and use one of these QD’s to maintain?

Also to note:

I called xPress interior detailer and I quoted it wrong. It is Xpress interior cleaner...

You raise a valid point about just how much protection an interior detailer leaves behind vs something like 303 protectant straight up. I usually just do a quick wipe down with the M37 detailer twice a month (I love the smell). I believe things like tinting your windows will help a great deal in reducing UV exposure (its on my to do list).

I'm still going to pick up the P&S Interior Cleaner since everyone seems to love it so much. I figure it will come in handy for tasks that require a bit more cleaning power than an IQD can provide but where an APC would be overkill. Plus I'm pretty sure I drive by one of their main distributors all the time in Hayward, CA.

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It almost seems like the materials used in modern day vehicles is built to last on its own compared to decades ago. How often do you see a 10yr old vehicle with a cracked vinyl dash? Even in a neglected vehicle it’s almost unheard of.
    Or am I wrong?

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack, Mike In Auburn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I read once on this site use what you like finish wise. The poster said "I've never kept a vehicle long enough to worry about uv protection." Makes sense to me
    2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic Bright Silver
    2018 Ford F150 Xlt Sport 4X4 Magnetic Grey

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am also looking for a good UV protection for all the plastic cladding on the new Rav's. I have been using 303 Speed Detailer (sucked into the labeling hype of UV protection) and 303 Protectant. The Protectant seems to streak after water after a few days of setting. Is there something better that wont have me taping up the entire truck to apply? There is a LOT of cladding and its annoying.

I want to use something to get way ahead of the UV degradation of the plastic(s). The Rav is garage when she isn't at work. So I am looking for something that really protects. 303 used to be great but I have noticed the formula has changed and it doesnt "last" as long.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are looking for long lasting exterior protection for trim I highly recommend Carpro Delux. 25% off right now as well.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

13. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcats98 View Post
    I am also looking for a good UV protection for all the plastic cladding on the new Rav's. I have been using 303 Speed Detailer (sucked into the labeling hype of UV protection) and 303 Protectant. The Protectant seems to streak after water after a few days of setting. Is there something better that wont have me taping up the entire truck to apply? There is a LOT of cladding and its annoying.

I want to use something to get way ahead of the UV degradation of the plastic(s). The Rav is garage when she isn't at work. So I am looking for something that really protects. 303 used to be great but I have noticed the formula has changed and it doesnt "last" as long.
    I've had good luck using Optimum Car Wax on plastic trim. Patented UV protection is its "claim to fame". What don't you like about the 303 Speed Detailer?

Optimum Car Wax is a spray wax made with real carnauba and synthetic paint sealants for protection & shine! high-grade carnauba wax and silicone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast