autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Disinfecting car to kill covid reccomendations?

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    1) Soap and water will kill COVID if left on long enough. I'm assuming Spray 9 would as well. I would just be worried about soap residue left behind (like on carpets, they look great at first but quickly deteriorate due to the soap residue still there actually attracts dirt).

2) Use the iclean mini (as long as you've charged it) anywhere, anytime. It comes with the cartridge and performs better with it...no compromises. I would try it with it and remove it and see for yourself what the difference is. They're supposed to last a long time. My old one is different.

3) Once you've filled the cartridge, I believe it is ready upon demand at that point; hence the reason for the upgrade. Any wait time just ensures you kill whatever you are targeting.

For us in Windsor, Ontario, it's changed a bit. We still go to calls but they get screened ahead of time to assess risk. Serious crimes still result in immediate arrest. Minor offences are being released on Undertakings. If you drive over 50 km over the limit (35 mph over roughly), then that is considered a "Street Racing" offence which AUTOMATICALLY results in a mandatory (Provincial) 7 day seizure of the vehicle and automatic licence suspension. With the lighter traffic volumes, it seems people are driving more aggressively than usual. More vehicles are being seized than normal.

Back to the Tersano. I have had mine since about 2008. My wife didn't like the noise it made when it was oxidizing the water, so it got relegated to the basement. It has been brought back into duty obviously and now we equate that sound with the sound of "clean", LOL. Hell, it's not even loud....women!! I honestly can't remember how I found out about it other than I am a huge nerd and LOVE reading about different things.
    Well Mr. Police, i'm back and ready to purchase this bad boy as i realize covid is not going anywhere for awhile and i need to take care of my health as well as my investments too. Just some final questions regarding this.

1). After charging, you said I can just use it till no more water correct? How do i know if its is properly charged or not since there is no smell and just water. I do believe the claim if institutes like Stanford is using it. (just not sure why others are not during this pandemic)

2). Am I able to charge it then transfer the water or something to another spray and have extra ready to go?

3). Basically its water so no smell and spray anywhere (will spraying it in my hand act as hand sanitizer then?)

Pricey but seems this is where I should be heading

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    I have a suggestion that I guarantee that will blow your mind. How about a product that takes tap water (H2O) and ozonates it turning it into H3O. What will H3O do? It will kill any virus or pathogen within 30 seconds (Lysol actually needs 2 minutes of -wet- contact time). There is an extensive list of things it will kill and in what time period on their website. In a true case of irony, the medical officer in Wuhan has just ordered 300 of the iclean minis and 20 of the industrial SAO machines. I have the old version that came out over a decade ago...they were VERY ahead of their time! The other great thing to use the machine is for disinfecting your produce. Once the 15 minute time frame has elapsed, the H3O resorts back to harmless H2O and oxygen. This is not B.S. It sounds too good to be true: a harmless cleaner that will kill faster than Lysol.

For detailing, if you want to ensure the removal of everything from the surface, mist with the iclean, wait for a max of 30 seconds and then wipe off with a microfiber. Done.

The other thing you'll find using it, is that the surfaces that you use it on are truly CLEAN!!

Tersano – Changing the Way the World Cleans
    I also saw updated test that this company did further tests on april 20th that confirms it kills covid and around 1 minute

https://www.tersano.com/pdf/TersanoB...2020.04.20.pdf

So other solutions I think I read require like 10 minute dwell time or something like that. So if I just spray this and spread it with mif towel or just leave it on for one minute it will kill the virus? How would you go about sanitizing my leather seats and dashboard with this (one minute timeframe)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    I also saw updated test that this company did further tests on april 20th that confirms it kills covid and around 1 minute

So other solutions I think I read require like 10 minute dwell time or something like that. So if I just spray this and spread it with mif towel or just leave it on for one minute it will kill the virus? How would you go about sanitizing my leather seats and dashboard with this (one minute timeframe)?
    Re-read the bulletin ... testing showed it killed a surrogate to SARS-CoV-2. While that should be a safe assumption, nothing has been certain with this coronavirus. And only later in June will they be getting test results from independent labs which use testing protocols that meet the regulatory bodies' requirements. That last statement is very important.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    Re-read the bulletin ... testing showed it killed a surrogate to SARS-CoV-2. While that should be a safe assumption, nothing has been certain with this coronavirus. And only later in June will they be getting test results from independent labs which use testing protocols that meet the regulatory bodies' requirements. That last statement is very important.
    I see wonder why maybe people sre not pulling the trigger and holding off on the claim thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Yes, I mist the surface whether it be my counter tops, my gym bag I take to work or whatever. It will kill 99.99% within 2 minutes max. According to them, most germs get killed within 30 seconds although some do take longer. If you don't mind waiting the 2 minutes, everything will be killed. Wait till you try it on the interior of your car. My Lincoln interior is very clean with no artificial look to it at all. I will never be without mine.

COVID is way easier to kill than MRSA and it kills that. NO worries with COVID.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    I'm positive you will find that it kills it easily upon testing the real thing.

Post Thanks / Like

I see wonder why maybe people sre not pulling the trigger and holding off on the claim thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Honestly, I think people who have never heard of ozone and its properties are likely to dismiss this as "too good to be true". Their loss.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345