autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Disinfecting car to kill covid reccomendations?

Great some follow questions before i choose this over spray 9

1) so spray 9 , does it kill covid ? And have to wait 15 min ? Or does i just spray and does its job. Will this machine dispensing the water kill it on spot and can just wipe it after i spray or do i need to wait a bit?

2) my understanding is that the one out right now doesnt need cartridge and can use it but has lifespan of 15 min until it just turns back to water. While the cartridge basically recharges that on the spot so you can use it anytime

3) the wait period of 3 min your mentioning, i need to fill the cannister and both old and new have 3 min wait time before usage.

I havent seen much police around my coty much and people speeding . Rumor has it that police are quarantining more due to covid since we need law enforcement when its actually needed most any truth to that?

And how did you find this gem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Exactly. Many cleaners can be too harsh for delicate interiors like leather. Spray Nine kills viruses in 30 seconds. I spray it and let it dwell on the surface for 30 seconds and then wipe the surface with something mild like Megs Interior Quik Detailer.
    Anyway you can direct me to the spray 9 you mentioned i posted photo but not sure if thats right one seems lot of different ones

Post Thanks / Like

Disinfecting car to kill covid reccomendations?

What we’re doing is, every time we return home from a trip, the steering wheel (whole thing), dash, door latch handle, door handle, buttons, shifter and e-brake are getting wiped with a good dose of McKees HD APC (10:1) solution and microfiber.

The strength of the cleaner plus agitation should wipe out anything. Just don’t touch your face until you wash your hands.

Unless your Uber/Lyft or healthcare worker, I don’t see the point of wiping seats down. But if you had to, the APC In a 10:1 dilution is safe on the composite leather.

Most important thing is, don’t touch your face and keep your hands clean! Before I even think of putting on or taking off my mask, I put three drops of hand sanitizer on my hands and agitate like crazy.

Stay calm, stay safe.... we’ll get through this. Disinfecting car to kill covid reccomendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Is the mkees rinseless wash solution? I have their rinseless will this work to kill covid and be safe on leather?

Post Thanks / Like

Good old soap and water agitated with a interior brush will work fine. It kills covid on our skin it will kill covid on cow skin.

70% isopropyl alchohol will work too.

Here’s an article from consumer reports I found helpful

Kill Coronavirus in a Car Without Damaging Surfaces - Consumer Reports

6. Likes Flash Gordon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Good old soap and water agitated with a interior brush will work fine. It kills covid on our skin it will kill covid on cow skin.

70% isopropyl alchohol will work too.

Here’s an article from consumer reports I found helpful

Kill Coronavirus in a Car Without Damaging Surfaces - Consumer Reports

s the mkees rinseless wash solution? I have their rinseless will this work to kill covid and be safe on leather?
    Just be careful on using isopropyl alcohol on composite leather seats... Complete separate thread but, modern leather seats aren't actually leather and they have coating on them. Alcohol will deteriorate the coating, some soaps such as dawn dish detergent is also not best for the seat, unless diluted. Best thing to do is use the tried and true products you've always used to clean the interior, and you'll probably find the surfactants in most of the products we already have in our detailing closets are powerful enough to do the job.

No, I believe I stated McKee's High Density APC (all purpose cleaner) in a 10:1 dilution. Any APC (diluted, follow the instructions) should do the trick. Again, I'm not sure of your location, or if you are an Uber / Lyft driver, or work in the medical field, but again, just basic wipe down techniques and you'll be fine. The point is, it's more important to wash your hands and not touch your face.

Remember, remain calm, wear a mask when detailing interiors (I always have, even before this...) take a deep breath, relax. We'll get through this, you'll be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like IGL released a new product that is IPA based, sounds promising but it seems like it is more intended for home/office use? "This disinfectant is safe to use on all surfaces, such as, doorknobs, offices, countertops, tables, nurseries, toilets and more."

IGL EcoClean Pure

9. Dislikes Flash Gordon disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    Great some follow questions before i choose this over spray 9

1) so spray 9 , does it kill covid ? And have to wait 15 min ? Or does i just spray and does its job. Will this machine dispensing the water kill it on spot and can just wipe it after i spray or do i need to wait a bit?

2) my understanding is that the one out right now doesnt need cartridge and can use it but has lifespan of 15 min until it just turns back to water. While the cartridge basically recharges that on the spot so you can use it anytime

3) the wait period of 3 min your mentioning, i need to fill the cannister and both old and new have 3 min wait time before usage.

I havent seen much police around my coty much and people speeding . Rumor has it that police are quarantining more due to covid since we need law enforcement when its actually needed most any truth to that?

And how did you find this gem

1) Soap and water will kill COVID if left on long enough. I'm assuming Spray 9 would as well. I would just be worried about soap residue left behind (like on carpets, they look great at first but quickly deteriorate due to the soap residue still there actually attracts dirt).

2) Use the iclean mini (as long as you've charged it) anywhere, anytime. It comes with the cartridge and performs better with it...no compromises. I would try it with it and remove it and see for yourself what the difference is. They're supposed to last a long time. My old one is different.

3) Once you've filled the cartridge, I believe it is ready upon demand at that point; hence the reason for the upgrade. Any wait time just ensures you kill whatever you are targeting.

For us in Windsor, Ontario, it's changed a bit. We still go to calls but they get screened ahead of time to assess risk. Serious crimes still result in immediate arrest. Minor offences are being released on Undertakings. If you drive over 50 km over the limit (35 mph over roughly), then that is considered a "Street Racing" offence which AUTOMATICALLY results in a mandatory (Provincial) 7 day seizure of the vehicle and automatic licence suspension. With the lighter traffic volumes, it seems people are driving more aggressively than usual. More vehicles are being seized than normal.

Back to the Tersano. I have had mine since about 2008. My wife didn't like the noise it made when it was oxidizing the water, so it got relegated to the basement. It has been brought back into duty obviously and now we equate that sound with the sound of "clean", LOL. Hell, it's not even loud....women!! I honestly can't remember how I found out about it other than I am a huge nerd and LOVE reading about different things.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is good read from a supplier of AGO, Dr Beasley

What Detailers Can Do About Coronavirus
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Disinfecting car to kill covid reccomendations?

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Just be careful on using isopropyl alcohol on composite leather seats... Complete separate thread but, modern leather seats aren't actually leather and they have coating on them. Alcohol will deteriorate the coating, some soaps such as dawn dish detergent is also not best for the seat, unless diluted. Best thing to do is use the tried and true products you've always used to clean the interior, and you'll probably find the surfactants in most of the products we already have in our detailing closets are powerful enough to do the job.

No, I believe I stated McKee's High Density APC (all purpose cleaner) in a 10:1 dilution. Any APC (diluted, follow the instructions) should do the trick. Again, I'm not sure of your location, or if you are an Uber / Lyft driver, or work in the medical field, but again, just basic wipe down techniques and you'll be fine. The point is, it's more important to wash your hands and not touch your face.

Remember, remain calm, wear a mask when detailing interiors (I always have, even before this...) take a deep breath, relax. We'll get through this, you'll be fine.
    I got the idea of isopropyl for the article I posted. Said nearly every surface in the car was designed to ve safe with IPA. The guy quoted is from a major automotive interior company who works with nearly every auto manufacturer in the world.

I even have read on many a sight that says it’s good to treat stains on uncoated leather.

Also not all cleaners kill corona virus. ISP is at 70% or higher....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast