autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Disinfecting car to kill covid reccomendations?

The blue letters are a link that worked for me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    Where can i get this and is it safe on leather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did provide the link; it's in blue (google Tersano.com)

Yes, it would be safe on leather for that small amount of dwell time. COVID is actually easy to kill compared to other pathogens from what I understand. Spray and wipe would probably eliminate most of it, but not all. If you mist it, 30 seconds should be no problem for treated leather. If you're doing an antique or classic with untreated leather, I would not put any disinfectant on it at all other than the Tersano and even it I would strongly suggest a test spot. Untreated leather can stain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    The blue letters are a link that worked for me
    You mean the tersano link ? I was think the 9 spray or something you mentioned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post

Yes, it would be safe on leather for that small amount of dwell time. COVID is actually easy to kill compared to other pathogens from what I understand. Spray and wipe would probably eliminate most of it, but not all. If you mist it, 30 seconds should be no problem for treated leather. If you're doing an antique or classic with untreated leather, I would not put any disinfectant on it at all other than the Tersano and even it I would strongly suggest a test spot. Untreated leather can stain.
    So let say my car is treated leather . Would using this product over time kill the treatment? Is there way to “re treat” the leather? I was thinking if im doing lot of take out orders and eat at home i should just use my usps mail envelopes and sanitize it then use over the Seats and once in awhile just wash the seats with the tersano

When i clicked link i saw some device i guess have to browse for some spray

Post Thanks / Like

How did you come across this product? I realize its a device and not some spray but refillable by water and no chemicals! Havent seen thoroughly but im assuming cartridge or filter needs replacement. Did see wuhan government or something using this and stanford univ using this too.

So guessing its basically water and no chemical so should be safe on my leather. 409 was safe on my leather too (luckily which i wont use again )

Post Thanks / Like

Do you use this yourself? 280 plus tax and deliver hmm if it does its job its well worth it . No compromise regarding health. Just havent seen much reviews or people using this (youtube etc) wondering when this company got introduced. If company goes away so does cartridges etc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    The only issue with some of these cleaners (not saying the one recommended by UD but in general) is that they require decent amount of dwell time before the virus is killed. Some require up to 15 minutes. Who is going to spray their car and leave it all wet for 15 minutes before wiping off the product? By then leather might be ruined.
    I think it’s safer to put on a pair of gloves as you leave the car and take them off just before entering the car again, that way you know your hands aren’t contaminated.
    Exactly. Many cleaners can be too harsh for delicate interiors like leather. Spray Nine kills viruses in 30 seconds. I spray it and let it dwell on the surface for 30 seconds and then wipe the surface with something mild like Megs Interior Quik Detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

How did you come across this product? I realize its a device and not some spray but refillable by water and no chemicals! Havent seen thoroughly but im assuming cartridge or filter needs replacement. Did see wuhan government or something using this and stanford univ using this too.

So guessing its basically water and no chemical so should be safe on my leather. 409 was safe on my leather too (luckily which i wont use again )

You got it! The device (iclean mini) is a self contained unit that both ozonates the water and also sprays it out. There is a cartridge inside that treats the water prior to ozonating it. From what I've read about it (I've got the old device which is radically different), the cartridge also extends the time that the mixture is active. The cartridge is supposed to last for months. It WILL work without it but it takes the active time back to the 15 minutes. My system has 2 main disadvantages that the new iclean mini has solved: waiting for the unit to ozonate the water (usually less than 3 minutes) and the 15 minute time frame in which the solution is active. The new unit solves both with having the treated water spray on demand. Honestly, this thing is EXACTLY what is needed with the COVID concerns. Using it every time you buy produce is just damned smart (think of all the produce ecoli recalls!!-This kills ecoli too).

Any surface that can tolerate getting wet can tolerate this cleaner. For the household, you will eliminate a lot of strong chemicals that you no longer have to breathe or touch.

As far as the Wuhan info goes, when you are on their homepage, you will see a popup box with 2 links. The top one refers to Wuhan. There is a ton of info on their site if you look around.

By the way, I am in no way employed by them or have anything to do with their company other than owning the product. However, when I truly believe in something, I can't help but to spread the word. The original product was on the 10 best inventions list for Time magazine from 2006 I believe. Check out their site for all the titles they have earned like from FDA, Health Canada, etc (you cannot claim to be a disinfectant unless your product has earned that title).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Exactly. Many cleaners can be too harsh for delicate interiors like leather. Spray Nine kills viruses in 30 seconds. I spray it and let it dwell on the surface for 30 seconds and then wipe the surface with something mild like Megs Interior Quik Detailer.
    Your certain kills covid? 30 seconds no bad compare to 15 min as some day and is this the picture? If its safe on leather and kills covid might get this until i think about the tersano stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Do you use this yourself? 280 plus tax and deliver hmm if it does its job its well worth it . No compromise regarding health. Just havent seen much reviews or people using this (youtube etc) wondering when this company got introduced. If company goes away so does cartridges etc

Yes, absolutely!! I have the original version which is quite different but has 2 disadvantages that the new unit does not have (see my previous post). You don't actually need the cartridge for the product to ozonate the water, it's just that it will only last 15 minutes without it. Don't forget, with this unit, you will not use most of your household (strong and toxic) chemicals anymore! You save a lot of money in the long run. I find your piece of mind alone is huge using it. The company is Canadian and they have not done a great job getting the word out. Bloody shame because people would have such piece of mind using it knowing their home and produce is safe. I work in law enforcement (my avatar, duh) so after every shift I spray down my backpack and anything that has gone with me to work and is coming back home.

I haven't even mentioned that with the extra oxygen molecule, it's a great stain remover too!

By the looks of the bottom of their website, they started in 2002. They have big commercial units that are used in hospitals, etc. It lists some of the places on their website, including Stanford University and Clinton airport, Florida hospital, etc.

Compared to Spray Nine or ANY chemical out there, what would you rather spray on your baby's food surfaces?? My choice is easy.

This is the real deal and I can promise you I will NEVER be without mine!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast