autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Gurus...

Im kinda developing big interest in this brand lately, I know the products are pricey but apparently they worth every dime for the results they give but I have some questions that I want to get clarified before ordering anything.

1) Cosmic Spritz vs High Gloss dilema, I know that CS has more SiO2 (+ durability) and HG has more TiO2 (+ gloss) but to maintain Glasscoat Cosmic V2, can I achieve the 12 months durability with HG or has to be CS???
    Do CS vs HG look really different side by side??? (I saw a video from Wax Mode in YT and honesly I couldnt tell the difference)

2) can Carpro Essence coating primer be used with Cosmic V2 and their Master Sealant?

3) Does Master Sealant and Rapid Wax contain SiO2 and TiO2?
    (read somewhere that they do)

4) Do I have to throw my towels if I use Cosmic V2, Cosmic Spritz or Master Sealant?

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Gurus...

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    Im kinda developing big interest in this brand lately, I know the products are pricey but apparently they worth every dime for the results they give but I have some questions that I want to get clarified before ordering anything.

1) Cosmic Spritz vs High Gloss dilema, I know that CS has more SiO2 (+ durability) and HG has more TiO2 (+ gloss) but to maintain Glasscoat Cosmic V2, can I achieve the 12 months durability with HG or has to be CS???
    Do CS vs HG look really different side by side??? (I saw a video from Wax Mode in YT and honesly I couldnt tell the difference)

2) can Carpro Essence coating primer be used with Cosmic V2 and their Master Sealant?

3) Does Master Sealant and Rapid Wax contain SiO2 and TiO2?
    (read somewhere that they do)

4) Do I have to throw my towels if I use Cosmic V2, Cosmic Spritz or Master Sealant?

Thanks

I’m in no way a PA guru, but I did wax my car at Holiday Inn Express last night...

In all seriousness, my responses to 1 and 2 are me rambling but maybe it helps. I’ve never used Cosmic V2 or Glasscoat Primers, but read numerous experiences about them due to interest. Response to 3 is factual data as of MSDS 8-9 months ago. Response to 4 is an experience suggestion.

1) Durability and compatibility for Glasscoat Cosmic V2 (this is the previous generation non-spray we’re talking here) is 12 months (claim) on top of Glasscoat Primer (either the lotion or the Primer Spritz I believe). I understand that the latest Spray Primer + Cosmic Spritz will also give you 12 mo the (that is, CS is the new Cosmic coating$. Anyways, I can’t remember if the longevity claim requires the maintenance with Cosmic Spritz. I thought it was a standalone claim. But either way, I think you’d want to maintain Cosmic V2 with Cosmic Spritz if you want protection and longevity. If you want a little extra bling on metallic paint, you can go for HG either instead of CS or on top of CS if you’re a wild man. Whether on top of Glasscoat Primer(s), Cosmic V2 or CS, I imagine HG will last normal topper duration which isn’t too long, maybe 2 months in mild weather. I guess I can summarize and say that HG is a unique beauty topper and I would only think of it that way. I’ve seen HG improve water behavior of CS for at least 2 months when used on top.

Side by side on a panel, I don’t think you’ll notice a difference between the looks. Side by side across a large area, you may notice extra sharpness, clarity, bright look from HG side on certain paints. But Cosmic looks really nice too!
    2) Essence Extreme Gloss (AIO/primer) can be used as a base for pretty much any LSP. I don’t think you’ll get the 12 months durability of Cosmic or CS without Cosmic Primer though. Essence definitely can add gloss and strengthen a SiO2 based LSP. Essence may add longevity to Cosmic V2 vs Cosmic Primer on bare paint. But that’s a guess.

3) Master Sealant does not contain SiO2, at least not in any normal sense. There was discussions on the forum where SWETM thought certain combos in ingredients may combine as SiO2... but it’s not been proven and it’s not advertised. Master Sealant does contain 10% TiO2. Rapid wax contains 30% TiO2 and 30% SiO2 (per MSDS).

4) I can’t speak for Cosmic V2, but for Cosmic Spritz and Master Sealant, I suggest having a container/bucket of pre-soak available to toss the towels in when finished. Let them soak and then rinse out and include in wash cycle, whenever that occurs. Inspect the CS towels once clean but I think they’ll be fine. Master Sealant I think you’ll be fine regardless but I recommend the towel cleaning suggestion after using any SiO2/TiO2 heavy products, just to be safe.

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow man, thanks for that long response, really appreciate it.

So, I read about that to get 12-15 months of Cosmic V2 it has to be used with Primer, but when I saw the Esoteric and Apex Detail reviews on youtube neither of the 2 said that is a requirement to get the durability.
    I wanted to use Essence basically because of the price and there are 2 PA primers, one is spray and the other is an ultra fine polish.

If the looks are really close the. I think sticking with CS is "better" than HG because it will defijitely guaranteed max durability and water behavior.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow man, thanks for that long response, really appreciate it.

So, I read about that to get 12-15 months of Cosmic V2 it has to be used with Primer, but when I saw the Esoteric and Apex Detail reviews on youtube neither of the 2 said that is a requirement to get the durability.
    I wanted to use Essence basically because of the price and there are 2 PA primers, one is spray and the other is an ultra fine polish.

If the looks are really close the. I think sticking with CS is "better" than HG because it will defijitely guaranteed max durability and water behavior.

Since Cosmic V2 is no longer advertised, I’m only going off memory. But maybe the Primer isn’t required (although I know it is for there new process of CS as the main coating). Go ahead and try Cosmic V2 on Essence. I’m sure it may last longer than Cosmic V2 on bare paint.. those SiO2 “anchor” points provided by any primers do seem to help the LSPs.

I used CS alone on Primer and it held up well for 3-4 months, but then I started topping with other things so can’t speak to further longevity.

Other option is, get one of the 2 Cosmic Primers which I think are both on sale on AG and Autopia in the deals sections. Pick CS as your spray, then you will have both V2 and a spray that get advertised longevity on your Cosmic primer.

Regarding your spray pick, I would first buy CS to go with my V2, regardless what you do about Primers. It’s the more functional choice.

6. Thanks gorillapr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still expensive, but here’s the discount on the Polish. Looks like the Spray Primer clearance is bought out now.

Polish Angel Glasscoat Invincible Primer 200 ml.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Since Cosmic V2 is no longer advertised, I’m only going off memory. But maybe the Primer isn’t required (although I know it is for there new process of CS as the main coating). Go ahead and try Cosmic V2 on Essence. I’m sure it may last longer than Cosmic V2 on bare paint.. those SiO2 “anchor” points provided by any primers do seem to help the LSPs.

I used CS alone on Primer and it held up well for 3-4 months, but then I started topping with other things so can’t speak to further longevity.

Other option is, get one of the 2 Cosmic Primers which I think are both on sale on AG and Autopia in the deals sections. Pick CS as your spray, then you will have both V2 and a spray that get advertised longevity on your Cosmic primer.

Regarding your spray pick, I would first buy CS to go with my V2, regardless what you do about Primers. It’s the more functional choice.
    Makes perfect sense...

Why you say Cosmic V2 is no longer advertised?
    Esoteric is the exclusive rep in USA now or the other option would be buy it directly from PA site.

I was going to pull the trigger and try CP Essence + CV2 + CS/HG but what stop me was a review in Autopia (if Im not mistaken) that a user said CV2 cannot be used with Essence and that threw me off because I couldnt comfirm or deny that anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Makes perfect sense...

Why you say Cosmic V2 is no longer advertised?
    Esoteric is the exclusive rep in USA now or the other option would be buy it directly from PA site.

I was going to pull the trigger and try CP Essence + CV2 + CS/HG but what stop me was a review in Autopia (if Im not mistaken) that a user said CV2 cannot be used with Essence and that threw me off because I couldnt comfirm or deny that anywhere.

Ah, didn’t realize Esoteric still sells V2. PA USA doesn’t. I thought it was discontinued.

I functionally see no reason why CV2 won’t work on Essence. I wouldn’t expect max durability as GC Primer, but should work same as on bare at a minimum. I’d be curious to hear why if it could be found.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed!

I wonder why they would discontinue CV2, even than GC Primer + CS can give 12 months CV2 + CS had a minimum of 12 months but it can go up to 18 or even 24 months in a well prepared/maintained paint with Invincible Primer or Primer Spritz. Also the application of CV2 looks really enjoyable, hopefully they dont discontinue it.

Just went to PA USA website and CV2 isnt there but if you search for Cormic it comes up and you can buy it, so I don't know, maybe they need to update the page.

The other interesting system that Im always looking at is CP Essence + CQuartz Lite + Cosmic Spritz instead of Reload.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed!

I wonder why they would discontinue CV2, even than GC Primer + CS can give 12 months CV2 + CS had a minimum of 12 months but it can go up to 18 or even 24 months in a well prepared/maintained paint with Invincible Primer or Primer Spritz. Also the application of CV2 looks really enjoyable, hopefully they dont discontinue it.

Just went to PA USA website and CV2 isnt there but if you search for Cormic it comes up and you can buy it, so I don't know, maybe they need to update the page.

The other interesting system that Im always looking at is CP Essence + CQuartz Lite + Cosmic Spritz instead of Reload.

I’m glad you found CV2 by searching. I’ll email them to see why it isn’t default shown in the Cosmic section. I agree, even with the CS thing, CV2 should remain around.. variety is the spice of life!

Our forum friend Coatingsarecrack is raving for the last year about CQuartz topped with CS. I imagine the CQ Lite would be just as successful. He doesn’t use Essence but I’m a big Essence guy and I can’t picture it making any ceramic products worse. I think you have a great combo there if you choose not to go the Cosmic V2 route. You can also swap CQ Lite with Gyeon CanCoat... but staying within CarPro is good. I can only vouch for CanCoat though.

12. Thanks gorillapr thanked for this post
    Likes gorillapr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=acuRAS82;1671886]I’m in no way a PA guru, but I did wax my car at Holiday Inn Express last night...
    LMAO

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast