autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Gurus...

Where are you located again? Is the car a dd? Garaged at all? You don’t have Cosmic Spritz, correct?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Where are you located again? Is the car a dd? Garaged at all? You don’t have Cosmic Spritz, correct?
    I'm in Newfoundland Canada. Northeast coast. It sits outside 24/7 but i work away on an icebreaker - vessel - so its parked for 5-6mths per year outside. I put around 5000 to 7000 miles on the car per year.

No i don't have cosmic spritz just high gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I'm in Newfoundland Canada. Northeast coast. It sits outside 24/7 but i work away on an icebreaker - vessel - so its parked for 5-6mths per year outside. I put around 5000 to 7000 miles on the car per year.

No i don't have cosmic spritz just high gloss.
    I see, I assume it’s not being driven during icebreaker season, i.e. winter main. If it won’t be driven this winter much, I would think you could hold out until next spring or use on another vehicle. But if you wish to use it this fall, I can’t see why it would cause any issues if you do a bit of prep prior (Iron-X, wipe down).

Post Thanks / Like

Hey fellow Canadian!

Acura is correct, Iron X the car and then re-apply. I don't know how much salt they use in Newfoundland but I know here in Ontario, nothing in the PA line will survive the salt. Just from personal experience. The best thing to do IF you were to drive this thing outside is to re-apply every month or so for the salt. You know, if you can. Might be too frozen other wise.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Hey fellow Canadian!

Acura is correct, Iron X the car and then re-apply. I don't know how much salt they use in Newfoundland but I know here in Ontario, nothing in the PA line will survive the salt. Just from personal experience. The best thing to do IF you were to drive this thing outside is to re-apply every month or so for the salt. You know, if you can. Might be too frozen other wise.
    Thanks WillSports3. Have you found anything that will last over the winter months?

Post Thanks / Like

There's too many to name to be honest.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    There's too many to name to be honest.
    LOL yeah i assume they are all full fledged coatings. I have a unopened bottle of CQUK, probably use that next spring and maybe cosmic spritz or IGL premier for a maintenance topper. 12-18mths is my personal preference.

I still hope V2 lasts around 12mths. Honestly, in my area of newfoundland - southern - we don't get a ton of snow.

Just curious have you ever used Tacsystem top coat 2.0?

Post Thanks / Like

Not necessarily just coatings. Don't kid yourself, a lot of full fledged coatings don't make it past winter at all lol.
    I can't say I've ever used Tacsystem products. To be honest, I just don't really trust them.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I see, I assume it’s not being driven during icebreaker season, i.e. winter main. If it won’t be driven this winter much, I would think you could hold out until next spring or use on another vehicle. But if you wish to use it this fall, I can’t see why it would cause any issues if you do a bit of prep prior (Iron-X, wipe down).
    Hi again acura, is there something special about Iron-X? I've used a few iron removers now but i have never seen it change colour.. Sonax and Carpro Trix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Hi again acura, is there something special about Iron-X? I've used a few iron removers now but i have never seen it change colour.. Sonax and Carpro Trix.
    I think as long as you’re using any good iron remover to ensure that above surface contamination does not exist, then you’re helping the new application. So whatever you’re using, I would say keep it.

If you did it recently and you don’t think there will be any signs of color change due to negligible contaminants, I guess you could skip? But I’ll also defer to coating experts for their insight.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast