autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Gurus...

FG400 knocked this right out.

I should note I did my initial test spots with 3D One but went to FG400.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    I know Cancoat is a solid product but always when I search comparison CQ Lite seems to win (maybe by an edge but still wins)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I’ve used both CQlite is better beaded, darkens the paint more, feels more substantial, ive been really impressed by it. It’s definitely a real coating. Its very easy to use. The only factor that cancoat has it beat in, is easy of use and quantity which actually might not be that much of factor CQlite was cheaper but get less.

Cancoat pro is something I want to try and am actually quite annoyed at gyeon for making it an authorized installer product. It would probably out sell MOHS

4. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    I’ve used both CQlite is better beaded, darkens the paint more, feels more substantial, ive been really impressed by it. It’s definitely a real coating. Its very easy to use. The only factor that cancoat has it beat in, is easy of use and quantity which actually might not be that much of factor CQlite was cheaper but get less.
    I’m seeing CanCoat and CQ Lite priced the exact same here in AG $54.99. Maybe you meant cheaper per ml (150ml vs 250ml). How many applications do you get out of a 150ml bottle of CQ Lite. Is it beneficial to layer 2 coats?

Post Thanks / Like

I only ever used 1 coat for customers who don’t maintain it like average autogeeker does maybe the occasional tunnel wash all cars I put it on I would see them again in 6-8 months and it was still going strong for personal car I would do two coats you have plenty product why not. I’m not sure how long to wait between coats.... someone on here will chime in and help you with it. I personally use CQUK 3.0 on my daily drivers they will all be getting topped off with lite within next month I like the carpro coating they seem to out live there competitors like exov4 and synchro.

7. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know Cancoat is a solid product but always when I search comparison CQ Lite seems to win (maybe by an edge but still wins)

I’ve used both CQlite is better beaded, darkens the paint more, feels more substantial, ive been really impressed by it. It’s definitely a real coating. It very easy to use. The only factor that cancoat cost has it beat in is easy of use and quantity which actually might not be that much of factor CQlite was cheaper but get less.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    I only ever used 1 coat for customers who don’t maintain it like average autogeeker does maybe the occasional tunnel wash all cars I put it on I would see them again in 6-8 months and it was still going strong for personal car I would do two coats you have plenty product why not. I’m not sure how long to wait between coats.... someone on here will chime in and help you with it. I personally use CQUK 3.0 on my daily drivers they will all be getting topped off with lite within next month I like the carpro coating they seem to out live there competitors like exov4 and synchro.
    Do you see an issue with carpro light bonding to CQUK3? I will be installing CQUK3 in 2-4 weeks but was thinking about topping it up with moonlight in the fall before the winter here. Never thought of carpro light.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Do you see an issue with carpro light bonding to CQUK3? I will be installing CQUK3 in 2-4 weeks but was thinking about topping it up with moonlight in the fall before the winter here. Never thought of carpro light.
    I have never used moonlight. I hear good and bad things about it

I know budgetplan1 had issues topping a coating with moonlight. I think he actually had to polish the moonlight and original coating off. CQUK is really strong header for first 6 months. All those sio2 toppers like reload, cure all seem the same

The UK coating is very impressive gloss wise and beading and its price is right it does in 1 coat what CSL + Exo and sncro MOHs +skin does. IMO UK outperform those base & topper coating packages over the life of the coating.

UK has legs

11. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Im kinda developing big interest in this brand lately, I know the products are pricey but apparently they worth every dime for the results they give but I have some questions that I want to get clarified before ordering anything.

1) Cosmic Spritz vs High Gloss dilema, I know that CS has more SiO2 (+ durability) and HG has more TiO2 (+ gloss) but to maintain Glasscoat Cosmic V2, can I achieve the 12 months durability with HG or has to be CS???
    Do CS vs HG look really different side by side??? (I saw a video from Wax Mode in YT and honesly I couldnt tell the difference)

2) can Carpro Essence coating primer be used with Cosmic V2 and their Master Sealant?

3) Does Master Sealant and Rapid Wax contain SiO2 and TiO2?
    (read somewhere that they do)

4) Do I have to throw my towels if I use Cosmic V2, Cosmic Spritz or Master Sealant?

Thanks

My car is coated with 2 coats CQUK3 and a layer of Cancoat on top. If CQ lite would have i might have tried that but went with CanCoat as a topper due to awesome contact angle and the candy gloss people have raved about.

Love the combo and I left a panel non CanCoated to compare results. TO ME I felt it did have slight better beading and perceived more gloss although I do believe “more” gloss can be in your head.

I have maintained with a lot of products and PA cosmic and Kamikaze OC are worth the cost. I would get both High gloss and Cosmic if you can swing it. I dont have high gloss yet but from what i gathered longer durability and more protection from Cosmic Spritz more Gloss from HG.

If your going Cosmic v2 i would get Invincible primer spritz and use ontop of Essence. From what I’ve determined Essence leaves only sio2 behind and that is why CarPros says you don’t have to use a prep spray (Eraser.... i did use it though).

Primer spritz is a prep spray so you can use after essence to clean paint. It leaves hardeners that makes Cosmic “spritz” more durable and doubles the longevity.

I think those hardeners affect V2 also. Infact Polish angel says it’s a system, pretty much a must use

Essence under shouldn’t be a problem.

Ultimately:

Finish polish with Essence.
    Prep with Invincible Primer Spritz
    Apply Cosmic v2.
    Maintain with Cosmic Spritz
    Hit it with High Gloss when you wan’t more pop.

If you want to skip Cosmic spritz abd hit it with High gloss every couple of months you’ll get your year I’m guessing.

I woudn’t use Essence with MasterSealant

Not sure about Master sealant of Rapidwaxx containing Sio/Tio. Acura doesn’t have a habit of talking out the side of his neck and if he says RW does i believe him.

Haven’t had towel issues with CS hardening and i’ll let them sit toll i do my weekly MF wash. For V2..... I spent $18 dollars on 10 removal towels. I used 5 for removal. At a $1.80 apiece why chance it? Consider it a part of the cost of ceramic coating and chuck them....

I did however wash a couple and the seem to come out fine.... soaked in Snappy clean right after.

My secondary buffing towels came out fine and still use those on paint.

Happy coating sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Thanks gorillapr thanked for this post
    Likes gorillapr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    On the first pic of my past Rogue that was White Alabaster Spray.
    I keep a pic of your Rogue for when I want to enjoy some luscious, white 'goodness'.

For some reason looking at this pic always makes me want a piece of white wedding cake. Polish Angel Gurus...

15. Thanks custmsprty thanked for this post
    Likes DETAILROOKIE, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Not sure about Master sealant of Rapidwaxx containing Sio/Tio. Acura doesn’t have a habit of talking out the side of his neck and if he says RW does i believe him.
    Seems Ive been wrong a bunch lately or at least my confidence is down... but those numbers came from PA Germany’s MSDS whuch were posted until like 6 months ago. So for the bottle I have, I know that whatever those percentages should mean (and more importantly, just the fact those ingredients exist) should be official.

17. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast