autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

What happened to Mckee's?

Does autogeek not sell these products anymore or did the companies part ways? Any details would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Ray

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What happened to Mckee's?

We no longer carry it, you can purchase it from McKee's directly or on Amazon.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 full 4oz. Spray bottles of McKee’s 37 wheel coating, paint coating and glass coating I bought from AG. I logged on yesterday to refresh my memory on how to best use the product and saw it is no longer sold by AG. By the tone of Megan’s email, it doesn’t sound like I’m going to get much help. I looked on McKee’s site and they still sell it as part of a ‘detailer’ pack. No information really on best method to apply.

Has anyone used these products from McKee? Are they save to use? Based on the initial post here, the bottles must be at least 6-7 years old. Wow!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow....didn't notice that but it makes sense in some ways. Who knew...
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GlazeMan81 View Post
    I have 3 full 4oz. Spray bottles of McKee’s 37 wheel coating, paint coating and glass coating I bought from AG. I logged on yesterday to refresh my memory on how to best use the product and saw it is no longer sold by AG. By the tone of Megan’s email, it doesn’t sound like I’m going to get much help. I looked on McKee’s site and they still sell it as part of a ‘detailer’ pack. No information really on best method to apply.

Has anyone used these products from McKee? Are they save to use? Based on the initial post here, the bottles must be at least 6-7 years old. Wow!
    McKee's coatings have no shelf life. A few months at best. At least for the paint coating but I've heard the headlight one is the same. Glass coating should be good for over a year if you sealed it well after using. I have no experience with the wheel coating. If it's nice and liquid I'd say give it a shot, if it's jelly like, throw it out.

I never understood why they had such a big bottle for the paint coating if it doesn't last at all. Works well for a pro installing it on several cars within a month but for the hobbyist it's for sure going to waste. I wish they had 1fl oz versions like pretty much all other brands do.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GlazeMan81 View Post

I've used the wheel coating.....it's worked very well for me. i know there is a youtube video out there for it