autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Dealer Paint protection

Hi everyone, new to the forum but a customer of Autogeek products. I just bought a new car, a 2019 Accord Hybrid. LOVE IT!!!!!!! I was a Mazda fan for 20 years but this is a step up, I feel Mazda engine tech is stalled so I moved on. As I said, love the car. My sweet wife unknown to me went to the dealer and paid for an extended mechanical warranty and aslso an appearance package, undercoat, leather protection and paint. I couldnt be angry, she did it for me so its done, something I wouldnt have chosen for myself. The question is, how to maintain this "paint protection" they sell a little kit with 3 bottles of solution in it. I am good for leather but what product should I use to clean/polish this paint? Can I claybayr it? The dealer just shrugs their shoulders when I ask them. Anyone got real experience with these dealer finishes. Dont reply by telling me I shouldnt have done it, I didnt my sweet wife did. lol!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dealer Paint protection

Quote Originally Posted by banjaboy View Post
    The dealer just shrugs their shoulders when I ask them.
    What’s done is done... However this^ would legit p*** me off more than anything. What do they mean they’ve got no answers for you? I’d rip them a new one and demand somekind of something over that. Lol. Seriously though.Dealer Paint protection

Post Thanks / Like

What do the bottles you have say? If we can find out what product they used we can give you better guidance. Chances are whatever they used is crap and won't last more than a few months anyways so then you'll be able to protect the paint with something much better. Get ready to spend a lot at Autogeek.net
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

My handyman had his dealer put Simoniz coating on his truck. I’m waiting for it to wear off.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Machine polish that dealer crap (and all of the swirls they instilled) off of the paint, and start over with a good product of your choosing.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it called “Permaplate” by any chance?

Anyways, of course you can clay it, you can polish it. These will compromise and remove it so you would then need to seal with something else. Or you can take it easy into the summer and take your time checking out how the stuff is.

My wife’s car came with Permaplate “lifetime” bs, and 3 bottles. Leather sealer, car shampoo and carpet cleaner. I personally decided to polish the exterior immediately and go with my own LSP. I’ve tried the shampoo since and it seems like regular shampoo with gloss enhancers, nothing special,

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually whoever did it knew what he was doing, the paint is flawless and not a swirl on it. I will just go with a good polish in the summer and next year do a good clean and polish. I have experience with claybar and ROS, its just a pain not knowing whats on there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by banjaboy View Post
    Actually whoever did it knew what he was doing, the paint is flawless and not a swirl on it. I will just go with a good polish in the summer and next year do a good clean and polish. I have experience with claybar and ROS, its just a pain not knowing whats on there.
    You are lucky. Keep us posted.......
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm the head detailer for a dealership and a lot of other dealerships bring their cars to me and I deal with a lot of pro packs (paint protection, fabric protection, leather protection, rust protection and undercoating). Whatever they put on your paint is probably just a sealant. It won't last very long and if you polish the car you'll most likely remove it. If you paid for the appearance package I suggest you just bring it back to the dealership when you need the paint protection to be re-applied so you get your money's worth but make sure to ask for the detailer that originally worked on your car since you were happy with his/her work. If you have any questions detailing related don't ask anyone in the sales department or the service department, they won't know s***. Tell them you want to talk to the detailer directly...if they even have a legit professional detailer on staff. Might be just a lot guy.

11. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Likes mdm298 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

undercoating.....lol oldest trick in the book

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast