autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Products that make you wonder why you tried something else...

It started last week with bringing my travel trailer home to do a good cleaning and periodic maintenance session checking the roof and seams since I have nothing better to do right now. It's a "small" 26' bunk house. It's been sitting in a gravel lot since last November and the last time out I had to drive down several miles of wet gravel road. The thing was filthy. I was it regularly during the season with a telescoping brush and used an RV specific wash and wax. That stuff isn't too cheap, so I didn't want to use it knowing I was going to take my PC and a white pad to it with an AIO. I had a gallon of gold class that might be half full that's been sitting in my garage unused for years. Ok, I'll use that. Suds were good, cleaning action was good, it got rid of some pretty difficult black streaks with only moderate scrubbing. I have hard water so spotting is usually an issue if I don't dry fast enough. Gold class didn't seem to have issues. It must get along with my local water chemistry.

So today, kids are playing on their bikes. I need something to do. Truck is dirty. Pollen is kicking up, I had taken the trailer to and from said storage lot, etc. Rather than using the DP Power Wash I've been trying to use up I decided to reach for the gold class again. Same conclusion. Best part, it played really well with the McKees trademark extender wax. Something the power wash wasn't doing. Same lack of spots, same good suds. Power wash went in the trash. Not worth trying to use the rest. A cheap wash that's been around for what seems like decades blew it away.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Products that make you wonder why you tried something else...

Gold Class is great wash shampoo. I've tried higher end stuff, but most of the time I buy gold glass out of convenience. It's cheap and available almost anywhere.

I also do the same with Collinite 845. It lasts forever and looks as good or better than some waxes that are double or triple the price.
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like

I have so much stuff and I dont know why... Nice to try other things but in the end, im sure most can agree its all the same for average joes. If this helps anyone, hopefully it does, but if you find something you like and it works, stick with it. If for only money's sake...

Post Thanks / Like

I experience this with a ton of products, but nothing sticks in my mind more than ECH2O. I went through more trouble than it was worth trying to get it to not be significantly more work to use than Wolfgang Uber rinseless, ONR, or n914.

I’m sure people do love it, and I’m sure how it makes paint look (I never noticed any difference) is super worth it to some people. But when I want to do a waterless or rinseless I don’t want to be messing around with gloss enhancers that like extra buffing. I just want it to be over quickly.

I always end up back at ONR, even though I venture to other products to see if there something I’d consider better.

I think the only product that’s come close enough to make me consider swapping 100% was n914.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

pilotpip, are you meaning Mckees Power Wash in your original thread? Or is it one of the new DP washes?

Post Thanks / Like

I've been really happy with m205 for polishing. I recently ordered Griot's perfecting cream, but wonder if it will end up being any better than m205, which was easy to source and reasonably priced. I do in general, like Griot's products so figured it was worth a try.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

There’s another thread recently where some members identified a lack of love for their experiences with GC Wash. On the opposite side, I’ve heard a member always bring it up as the first wash that ever felt like high quality to him.

As always, YMMV.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    pilotpip, are you meaning Mckees Power Wash in your original thread? Or is it one of the new DP washes?
    Pre-McKees DP. Yeah, it's old. Was just trying to use it up. Gave up on it.

9. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

•I’ll start off with the below product
    being just one of my “wonder whies”:
    -Meguiar’s M34 Final Inspection

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti