autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Weird discoloring on factory Tonneau, could this be from my Carpro products? Any fix?

Anyone seen this with an OEM tonneau? I had it ceramic coated with CQuartz UK and Dlux (plastic including the tonneau) as soon as it left the dealer. Went to do my first wash (4 weeks later) and noticed this weird spot that wasn’t there when I got the truck back from coating. Tried my best to use my detail products but it lingers, not a big deal just a little irritating. Truck has only been washed with Carpro stuff, coated, and then yesterday when I did the wash did it with washed w/Reset, Iron-X, wash w/Reset again and finished up with Reload. Thanks ladies and gents!
    Weird discoloring on factory Tonneau, could this be from my Carpro products? Any fix?-f7382142-95b8-4a4b-9cba-6934096f1618-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weird discoloring on factory Tonneau, could this be from my Carpro products? Any fix?

Weird indeed. Almost looks they got something on it that reacted badly. Rag top cleaner and protectant is what I use on mine.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weird discoloring on factory Tonneau, could this be from my Carpro products? Any fix?

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Weird indeed. Almost looks they got something on it that reacted badly. Rag top cleaner and protectant is what I use on mine.
    Right. I mean they did basically the same process as me, decon with iron-x, maybe when they did the paint correction something they used. Just wondering how I can fix it cause my OCD will drive me insane. Maybe some back to black product. Frustrating cause I paid an extra $50 for them to coat the cover with CQuartz DLUX, rest of the truck looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

Mothers Back to Black Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner, best car wax remover plastic trim

Yea. That would drive me nuts. Hard or soft cover? Either way MOTHERS TRIM CLEANER may work. Worth a try. You maybe can get it locally. Auto zone etc...
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Mothers Back to Black Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner, best car wax remover plastic trim

Yea. That would drive me nuts. Hard or soft cover? Either way MOTHERS TRIM CLEANER may work. Worth a try. You maybe can get it locally. Auto zone etc...
    Hard OEM plastic one. I have some left over CQ Dlux I may just try to recoat that section myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Almost looks like the staining you get when you leave an APC on plastic interior pieces too long

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Almost looks like the staining you get when you leave an APC on plastic interior pieces too long
    Right, not sure how to fix it though. Any ideas?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by zachmat View Post

Anyone seen this with an OEM tonneau?

I had it ceramic coated with CQuartz UK and Dlux (plastic including the tonneau) as soon as it left the dealer. Went to do my first wash (4 weeks later) and noticed this weird spot that wasn’t there when I got the truck back from coating.

Tried my best to use my detail products but it lingers, not a big deal just a little irritating. Truck has only been washed with Carpro stuff, coated, and then yesterday when I did the wash did it with washed w/Reset, Iron-X, wash w/Reset again and finished up with Reload. Thanks ladies and gents!

Looks like water puddled there and dried possibly?

If it did then you have to ask yourself,

What's in the water?

Here's your picture, I rotated it to make it easier to see.

Mike Phillips

I'd try scrubbing.

Because I have access to the right tools, I would try machine scrubbing but hand scrubbing should work.

Is that a hard, pebble textured plastic? If so, you could try machine scrubbing with an APC and a foam or microfiber pads on an orbital buffer but be careful, you might make the area shiny as compared to the surrounding area.

10. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Looks like water puddled there and dried possibly?

If it did then you have to ask yourself,

What's in the water?

Here's your picture, I rotated it to make it easier to see.

Lol, right. So our house has a water softener, but I used just hose and Carpro Reset for the wash (2 bucket method). I did do Iron X between the 2 washes and then followed up with Carpro Reload. My microfiber towels are green, maybe some transfer? It does have a green tinge too it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast