autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Weird discoloring on factory Tonneau, could this be from my Carpro products? Any fix?

Quote Originally Posted by zachmat View Post

My microfiber towels are green, maybe some transfer? It does have a green tinge too it.

I'm stumped. I have know idea what could have caused this.

I guess just try some different types of cleaners?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weird discoloring on factory Tonneau, could this be from my Carpro products? Any fix?

Lol, me too, reason I asked the experts here. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Mike, that looks similar to a water shape rather than an application line.

What brand is your tonneau cover? It looks like the hard Bakflip model by the tailgate. I use Bak Revolver and had no issues but sometimes after rains water can pool slightly depending up how I park. I have not tried a coating on it but use the 303 Protectant and keeps it easy to maintain (but mine has more vinyl than yours).

I would avoid using any Iron X, I am not certain that it plays nice with textures like that. Let me know what works!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Mike. Water that has dried. Maybe contamination and or pollen blew in the puddle and condensed as it dried. I would try a diluted APC and a soft brush. If that doesn’t work, a water spot remover and a light brush should do the trick. I actually see that often in my area around May.
    Jim

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post
    I agree with Mike, that looks similar to a water shape rather than an application line.

What brand is your tonneau cover? It looks like the hard Bakflip model by the tailgate. I use Bak Revolver and had no issues but sometimes after rains water can pool slightly depending up how I park. I have not tried a coating on it but use the 303 Protectant and keeps it easy to maintain (but mine has more vinyl than yours).

I would avoid using any Iron X, I am not certain that it plays nice with textures like that. Let me know what works!
    Thanks, its the Toyota OEM cover. I actually had it coated with CQ Dlux when I took delivery of the truck. So there in theory should be some coating on there, I didnt iron-x the cover but wonder if the after spray from the bed panel pooled there, etc. or like you said my soap just pooled there (Carpro Reset).

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I agree with Mike. Water that has dried. Maybe contamination and or pollen blew in the puddle and condensed as it dried. I would try a diluted APC and a soft brush. If that doesn’t work, a water spot remover and a light brush should do the trick. I actually see that often in my area around May.
    Cool, thanks man. Ya I wonder too if maybe the soap or something pooled there. I'm hesitant to use an APC since I had the cover coated with CQ Dlux when I took delivery (since I know they fade like crazy). Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Was it sunny when you used the iron-x? I've had it dry on a factory roof rack and leave discoloration like that. It wasn't easy to remove.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    Was it sunny when you used the iron-x? I've had it dry on a factory roof rack and leave discoloration like that. It wasn't easy to remove.
    Hmm maybe it was sunset and partially cloudy, but feasible. Suggestions for removing it? Just weird its that one spot.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I went out this evening like a weirdo and did a real quick spot wash, little agitation and it came out. Wonder what it was, definitely not the iron k, no purple run off or anything. Who knows. Thanks for the help homies!

10. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pollen is my guess. Where you located?
    Jim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast