autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What consumer polish / wax / my first time with DA.. Firebird

I won't dare try removing orange peel.

Started the hood and went slow but I still see some light scratches. Apex Detail did a review here and on YT on a Porsche he went really slow with the da. Can I safely go slow? Da on full speed, pressure just enough to see my sharpee pen mark go around.

I do see a difference, though . I don't think it's going to get any better at all though..it's the orange peel effect

Post Thanks / Like

I think I used a little more of the polish or not enough of it, 3 passes going slow the layer looked like it dryed up or maybe I just couldn't see it. After buffing their were still some light scratches so I did another layer moving faster. Didn't help. this pad and HF polisher probably is the reason . My first time doing this and I wasn't sure AT ALL if I was going to slow at times, doing too many passes and ripping through the clear coat.. So I'm doing 2 passes slow and then a few more but moving faster. A lot of curves and and pockets on the ground effects. Last photo was when I bought the car 1½yrs ago.
    What consumer polish / wax / my first time with DA.. Firebird-resizer_15860188387406-jpgWhat consumer polish / wax / my first time with DA.. Firebird-resizer_15860188387405-jpgWhat consumer polish / wax / my first time with DA.. Firebird-resizer_15860188387404-jpgWhat consumer polish / wax / my first time with DA.. Firebird-resizer_15860188387402-jpgWhat consumer polish / wax / my first time with DA.. Firebird-fb_img_1579468958970-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Looks pretty good from the pics provided, what are your goals for correction (e.g. 80%)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Looks pretty good from the pics provided, what are your goals for correction (e.g. 80%)?
    Just looking for as much as I can with what I'm using. I think protection is just as important as good shine.

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't finish due to rain a few days ago, the whole car was in the rain after applying the hybrid ceramic polish/wax before the coating 24hr curing. I still have the rear and the top to buff.

So sprayed the rear at the car wash with soap and just rinsed the rest of the car without drying, drive it home and use bucket with soap to continue washing the dirt off the rear & top of car. I wasn't going to waste the energy time and money to fully wash the entire car. I'll do it when I'm done polishing and after the 24hr cure, if I do have to wait that long??

Here some pics after I sprayed it at the car wash.. What I noticed is all the gunk from the palm tree that fell and stuck to the car as well as some dirt..is still stuck onto the hood. Is this normal? I just thought after polishing it with turtle wax hybrid ceramic, the dirt would free itself from the paint easily with only the pressure washer, like after a coat of wax. I've used MGs hybrid ceramic spray only and had much better results, the dirt would effortlessly come off using a pressure washer.

What's up with that?
    What consumer polish / wax / my first time with DA.. Firebird-img_20200410_145009_1-jpgWhat consumer polish / wax / my first time with DA.. Firebird-img_20200410_145023_1-jpgWhat consumer polish / wax / my first time with DA.. Firebird-resizer_15865564854240_1-jpg
    The side and all looks great and shiny, btw.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you clay the paint prior to polishing?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Did you clay the paint prior to polishing?
    I did.
    Maybe I can throw another layer with a finishing pad ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 91Firebird View Post
    I did.
    Maybe I can throw another layer with a finishing pad ?
    Ok, I just re-read your other post. So you are saying that the TW hybrid is holding onto the dirt. Gotcha.

Sorry, I have no experience with the TW. I'm sure others will chime in........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Ok, I just re-read your other post. So you are saying that the TW hybrid is holding onto the dirt. Gotcha.

Sorry, I have no experience with the TW. I'm sure others will chime in........
    No worry, man. I'm going to go out there now and use a bucket and soft sponge...maybe I just didn't spray directly into the hood when I was at the car wash. Was more concentrating with rest of the car. It's just even during or right after rain fell, their was dirt stuck to the hood..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 91Firebird View Post
    No worry, man. I'm going to go out there now and use a bucket and soft sponge...maybe I just didn't spray directly into the hood when I was at the car wash. Was more concentrating with rest of the car. It's just even during or right after rain fell, their was dirt stuck to the hood..
    Keep us posted........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast