autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Good polish and compound combo other than Meguiar's

Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    You also will need a good polish cat. Get one of those if you don't have one. Eldo has had one for a number of years and it really shows if you look at his Caddy's, etc.

I'm not in too much of a different situation than you. I'm only working on personal cars and use Griot's 6 in. and 3 in. polishers. For pads, I use Lake Country thin pros in 6.5 in. and 3.5 in. I've had good results with Orange pads when I need cut and white polishing pads for finishing. The nice thing is with just these 2 pad types I have quite a few options. For defect removal, I can first try m205 on a orange pad. If I need to get more aggressive I can then step to fast correcting cream on an orange pad. For finishing, I have been using a white pad with m205. I recently ordered Perfecting cream and will try that.

Rick

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    That must be my issue! No polish cat!

Do you have both a 6in and 3in or one of those converting kits?

Post Thanks / Like

I have not tried the creamsa,just tje regular compound and polish and it's done the job fine. If I can't find GG I use Megs and vice versa. I have bought the G9 and simpley love it,I now keep the 6 for applying wax.I do like GG's sealant then wait a day or so and apply their poly wax and it's good for quite a while and it usually will last the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry can't work the fingers today. Cabin fever I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
    If you are talking about throw then yeah I think it's 8mm. I might switch to Griot' G9 though if I can sell but I don't know yet. If I get the Meguiar D300 and pads, would you follow that up with a product or just that?

Yeah I did do the car with 1 pad of each but would clean it with a brush, I assume that's not enough. Maybe it's just a question of having more pads. I might try to do my bumper again here with what I have and see if it comes out good. A bumper should only need to go through 1 pad right. Doing my bumper though is complicated with big pads almost feel like I'd need a 3" polisher.

Helps for sure!
    I’ve finished up with D300 as a 1 step many times including on my brothers Cadillac CTS which had extremely hard paint which it was able to handle after some slow steady arm movement, but it finished off so good there was no need to even test a 2nd step.

Worst case scenario, you’ve still got your bottle of Ultimate Polish and several polishing pads.

Polishing Cats are somewhat overrated... They’re extremely lazy. Less polishing and more time spent eating, or sleeping on the job.Good polish and compound combo other than Meguiar'slol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctdave View Post
    I have not tried the creamsa,just tje regular compound and polish and it's done the job fine. If I can't find GG I use Megs and vice versa. I have bought the G9 and simpley love it,I now keep the 6 for applying wax.I do like GG's sealant then wait a day or so and apply their poly wax and it's good for quite a while and it usually will last the winter.
    Talking about these ones?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that is them work well with orange pads for me. Got a murano and bmw. I also do my son-law and daughters cars too haven’t needed anything more aggressive.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright thanks guys, I'll give it another shot with what I have on my bumper now since I didn't know UC was still a ok product to use. And I'll share results here once I do and determine if I change my equipment and products or not. I'll definitely get more pads though for sure after the bumper test.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have both a 6in and 3in or one of those converting kits?
    I have both. I really like having a bigger one as well as the smaller one. They compliment each other.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    I have both. I really like having a bigger one as well as the smaller one. They compliment each other.

Yeah well if money was unlimited for me for sure I'd like both as well but I have other things I'd like to spend on. Would like to do this as a week-end thing for side money but man, I've been ill advised if no insurance and to get insurance you kinda need a actual business. While I don't doubt my skills, it's if someone would see like a scratch on the car after detailing it for example and they think I caused it when it would've already been there.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey just wanted to uodate thread as I just found another brand and wanted some thoughta. What about Jeacar stuff? They look like simple straightforward products, 3 simple pads, cutting, polishing, finishing and for product they have a corecting compound and also a fine polish. And seems like a in between with a medium polish. I already use their powerlock as well for my base LSP

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast