autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are my wheels damaged or anyone knows what these marks are in the barrel?

What brand wheels are they?

Did you ever use a cleaner wax on the drums?

Almost looks like they have been hit with wet sanding or a polish to start knocking it down, if they are matte.

At this stage I would polish and consider it an easier way to maintain them. Of course with a wheel coating afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    If you do they will no longer be a matte finish. Are you planning to ceramic coat them?
    Wait I thought if you polished a paint with no clear it would simply remove the paint eventually? No not planning to ceramic coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    What brand wheels are they?

Did you ever use a cleaner wax on the drums?

Almost looks like they have been hit with wet sanding or a polish to start knocking it down, if they are matte.

At this stage I would polish and consider it an easier way to maintain them. Of course with a wheel coating afterwards.
    They are Avant Garde. Never used cleaner wax.

Post Thanks / Like

359s?

If you never really noticed it before I would imagine you got a oopsie from quality control.
    Most of those silver wheels have a black base coat and it almost looks like they spray the front and hope it fills the barrels. Never really does unless we step up to more money.
    Check this post out from M3 forum. It shows the drums pretty good and the back of the spokes.
    If they are not 359s the same can still be true

The wheels in my avatar are TSWs. When I saw the inside of the drums, I said hell no and painted them silver

Avant Garde M359 ZCPs - Hyper Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    359s?

If you never really noticed it before I would imagine you got a oopsie from quality control.
    Most of those silver wheels have a black base coat and it almost looks like they spray the front and hope it fills the barrels. Never really does unless we step up to more money.
    Check this post out from M3 forum. It shows the drums pretty good and the back of the spokes.
    If they are not 359s the same can still be true

The wheels in my avatar are TSWs. When I saw the inside of the drums, I said hell no and painted them silver

Avant Garde M359 ZCPs - Hyper Silver
    Haha yes 359s but my wheels are in black not silver! All my wheels looks like this perfectly smooth finish inside (a part from road dings and scartches) so I think something really happened to this one... especially with that weird line going all across about half inch wide.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12