autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Will lint cure in ceramic coating?!

So, that's the question.

I follow proper microfiber maintenance, etc and have the forest green and blue microfiber towels.

I'm using them to do a wipe after the initial removal of CQUK 3.0 and it's leaving a bunch of lint.

Will this cure and settle in the coating or will it wipe off after? This is my first coating and my first layer of 2?!

Thank you!

2. Likes gofast182 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will lint cure in ceramic coating?!

I think you’ll be ok but you should be using a towel that doesn’t lint. Preferably a low pile towel which works better to level coatings.

When I coated with UK 3.0 I had no issues with lint but while applying Gliss V2 it made the surface very static and a little bit of lint was present. None of it stuck to the paint.
    Bruno Soares

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm using the Cobra edgless. I don't have any other towels except for gold plush Jr's.

These are what I have in different colors.

Forrest Green Edgeless Polishing Cloth

Post Thanks / Like

Those towels should work. Hopefully you washed them once before the coating process.
    My favorite towel to wipe coatings off is Gyeon Bald Wipe. Never had lint issues with those. My experience with mild lint I described above was using some towel from The Rag Company. It’s about 1/3 of the cost of Gyeon’s towel but probably also 1/3 the quality.
    Bruno Soares

6. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping I can just wipe it down with eraser tomorrow and get all the lint off.

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t use eraser while the coating is still curing.
    Bruno Soares

9. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Don’t use eraser while the coating is still curing.
    I agree, just wait the 7 days and wash. The lint will come off then

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I missed this thread. I just went through the exact same thing at almost the exact same time and talked about it in my thread "New M430i Help Me Decide What to Use".

First time using CQUK 3.0. I thought my MF towels were nice and clean. I was using Cobra Gunmetal Elite 360gsm (short pile side) and a Supreme 530 600gsm as my secondary towel. About a third of the way into the car I noticed when shining my utility light on a hard oblique angle I could see a whole bunch of fibers deposited on the finish (head-on it looked perfect). Panic set in because I thought they'd cure onto the finish. After noticing the problem I switched to A Woobie Towel 350gsm and a Miracle Towel 600gsm. Same thing. At this point the car was 2/3 of the way done so I finished it. I then found that the fibers could be moved around but not lifted from the finish. My plan was to apply Gliss 36h after but I still wasn't sure if the fibers would cure onto the paint. I went to Costco and got a bag of their MF towels because since they were virgin and they could be gotten quickly. Thanks to encouragement from member 'The Guz' I decided to go forward with Gliss and I'm glad I did. As I was applying Gliss, the block with the micro suede applicator was collecting the fibers and depositing them at the end of each stroke. Then using the new Costco microfibers I was able to get a 95% clean wipe. I was very relieved for a couple of reasons, first because I didn't [temporarily] ruin the finish of my car and secondly I was able to carry out the whole process as intended because it's not straightforward for me to free up the garage for this car to be in it. I ended up with a couple high spots and thy were rock hard so I can't believe the fibers didn't cure onto the finish (whatever the reason I'm glad they didn't). To be fair, the car still hasn't been in daylight yet so we'll see how it looks in real life tomorrow.