autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Topper for CarPro Cquartz UK Edition

I will be coating my car this weekend with CarPro Cquartz UK Edition. My question is down the road am I better off with Reload once a month vs Gliss every 6 months for a sacrificial layer on the coating. It's a black Subaru that (once the craziness is over) that spends most days parking in the Texas sun baking while I'm at work. UV protection is a top priority for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Topper for CarPro Cquartz UK Edition

Quote Originally Posted by kenshotx View Post
    I will be coating my car this weekend with CarPro Cquartz UK Edition. My question is down the road am I better off with Reload once a month vs Gliss every 6 months for a sacrificial layer on the coating. It's a black Subaru that (once the craziness is over) that spends most days parking in the Texas sun baking while I'm at work. UV protection is a top priority for me.
    Gliss would be ideal at the initial application. There is nothing wrong applying it down the road but it will take more work to remove Reload to get Gliss to bond to CQUK 3.0.

I’m not a big fan of Reload. For starters it doesn’t last long and it’s hydrophobic properties die off pretty quickly. It’s fine for the initial application to prevent the coating from spotting after the initial application of CQUK 3.0.

I would recommend maintaining with Elixir as often as you desire as a drying aid.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

@The Guz - you have so many posts on this topic, the information you provide is staggering.

What are your thoughts on Exlir vs Hydro2 ? It seems a topper with silica would provide better UV protection, heck maybe not I am not a chemist.

I wash planning on using hyper wash for my weekly wash and reset once a month.

Post Thanks / Like

Your choice of shampoo are fine. I would choose Elixir over Hydro2. Elixir does have a little hydro2 in its formula.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you want to stick with only Cquartz products? If not I topped my CQUK3 with Gyeon Cancoat and looked amazing. Definitely a difference in visuals as I left one panel coated only with CQUK3 and no Cancoat. Been almost a year and going to ad another layer.

If plan on using Reload look at Griots Ceramic 3-1. Really good standard topper. If price not a concern Polish Angel and Kamikaze make nice maintenance products though not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks jimhanus thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not married to any brand. I thought genral thought was with Ceramics is to stick ith them same company as the product are designed to interact with each other.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kenshotx View Post
    I am not married to any brand. I thought genral thought was with Ceramics is to stick ith them same company as the product are designed to interact with each other.
    I personally think the idea of synergy is partly true/ partly marketing. Plenty of folks on here use differnent products from different manufacturers with no issues.

I have had 0 issues with my set up coming up on a year. Im going to reapply Cancoat because i have it but have topped with various toppers since applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've also used CanCoat to maintain the longevity of CQUK 3.0.

During the winter months though that's not possible - so this year I used Kenotek Show Room Shine after waterless washes.

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't tell you anything from first-hand experience but I applied CQUK to my car for the first time this weekend. After a lot of good input from people here, particularly The Guz, I decided to go with Gliss. I'll be applying it tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gofast182 View Post
    I can't tell you anything from first-hand experience but I applied CQUK to my car for the first time this weekend. After a lot of good input from people here, particularly The Guz, I decided to go with Gliss. I'll be applying it tomorrow.
    You’ll really like it. Gliss takes UK to another level and the coating becomes slick. Washing the car will be so easy.
    Bruno Soares

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast