autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Best APC comparison

Hi friends,

I was learning about All-Purpose-Cleaners from "Pan TheOrganizer" and "Auto Fetish Detail" Youtube channels.

Can you please help me compare these options?

Optimum Power Clean.
    Super Clean.
    Meguiar's APC D101.
    McKee's 37 Hi-Intensity APC Plus.
    Chemical Guys Nonsense.

Especially in terms of:

1. Which is most versatile with broad uses (e.g. inside + outside)?
    2. Safest/easiest to use?

2. Best for fabric seat stain cleaning?
    3. Which of these are interchangeable with each other (so the main difference would be price)?

Thanks for your guidance guys

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best APC comparison

I’ll only say that Megs D101 is mainly purposed for interiors. I use it heavy at 1:4 on things like wheels during deep clean, or engine pieces and I would say it’s average at best for these really dirty exterior items. Works well on the interior parts though (but never tried on fabric seats) and is very economical.

3. Thanks getgoing thanked for this post
    Likes getgoing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently picked up CarPro MultiX and I'm pleased with it. It has many dilution ratios for various tasks. I've used it on the exterior and interior with good results. It seems like my 1L bottle will last me a while, too.

For really tough dirt, like jambs and engine bays on dirty cars I always keep some P21S Total Auto Wash around.

5. Thanks getgoing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by getgoing View Post
    Hi friends,

I was learning about All-Purpose-Cleaners from "Pan TheOrganizer" and "Auto Fetish Detail" Youtube channels.

Can you please help me compare these options?

Optimum Power Clean.
    Super Clean.
    Meguiar's APC D101.
    McKee's 37 Hi-Intensity APC Plus.
    Chemical Guys Nonsense.

Especially in terms of:

1. Which is most versatile with broad uses (e.g. inside + outside)?
    2. Safest/easiest to use?

2. Best for fabric seat stain cleaning?
    3. Which of these are interchangeable with each other (so the main difference would be price)?

Thanks for your guidance guys

Edit:
    4. Which of these doesn't need "neutralizing"/rinsing after using on interior?

Post Thanks / Like

I've only tried McKee's 37 Hi-Intensity APC Plus. I use it 1:4 on exterior and 1:10 on interior. I have yet to need it in the inside of my car (which I keep clean with FAST Interior Detailer) but I've used it on my wife's car's interior because she does not show the same effort keeping it clean. It's a great product, doesn't have a bad scent and cleans well.
    Bruno Soares

8. Thanks getgoing thanked for this post
    Likes getgoing, brianshaeffer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

OPC would probably be the best all around choice. I do like the M101 though too.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

10. Thanks getgoing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

OPC is most effective at degreasing. I use 3:1 for most exterior cleaning duties. For really bad tires with oily dressings, neglected wheels, and exhaust tips I keep a bottle undiluted.

OPC 3:1 is also great for really nasty leather but I personally don't like it on interiors. I prefer using a mild cleaner and a brush/non-abrasive scrub pad.

I use Mckee's Hi-Intensity APC+ for my interior cleaning needs. Works great on carpet, vinyl, cloth, and leather. I dilute it 15:1 vs 10:1 and I still follow up with an interior detailer like Griot's interior Detailer or Mckee's Fast Interior Detailer. Used to follow up with a waterless wash like ONR or Uber but a dedicated interior detailer does seem to work better IME. Technically Mckee's says APC+ doesn't need to be rinsed and they say it doesn't leave a residue but I've gone through 6+ gallons and I can confidently say it does.

D101 and Mckee's 37 APC+ are very similar. Neither have the degreasing ability of OPC even when diluted 4:1.

Might be best to get OPC and a dedicated interior cleaner like Griot's Interior Cleaner. Good cleaning ability and leaves less residue behind in my experience than the APC's I've tried.

12. Thanks getgoing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    Technically Mckee's says APC+ doesn't need to be rinsed and they say it doesn't leave a residue but I've gone through 6+ gallons and I can confidently say it does.

D101 and Mckee's 37 APC+ are very similar. Neither have the degreasing ability of OPC even when diluted 4:1.
    1. How do you rinse when you do use APC+ for interior?
    2. Meguiar also has their "Super Degreaser". Have you compared that to OPC?

Overall, it's sounding like I shouldn't use diluted APC for interior, and instead get a dedicated interior cleaner.
    I've heard good things about "Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel", not sure how it compares to Griot's Interior Cleaner. Will either of them clean fabric seats?

Thanks for your input!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    OPC would probably be the best all around choice. I do like the M101 though too.
    Does OPC need to be rinsed if used inside?
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Does OPC need to be rinsed if used inside?
    Thanks.
    I probably should have used the term "neutralize" instead of rinse. Personally I would wipe down any leather/vinyl/plastic/rubber surfaces after using OPC or any All purpose cleaner. You could use a waterless wash, dedicated interior detailer, or just a damp microfiber towel to wipe everything down.

1. How do you rinse when you do use APC+ for interior?
    2. Meguiar also has their "Super Degreaser". Have you compared that to OPC?

Overall, it's sounding like I shouldn't use diluted APC for interior, and instead get a dedicated interior cleaner.
    I've heard good things about "Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel", not sure how it compares to Griot's Interior Cleaner. Will either of them clean fabric seats?

Thanks for your input!
    Unfortunately Super Degreaser isn't even close to Optimum in terms of cleaning/degreasing. It's similar to D101 except way harsher. Unless you're really on a budget I personally no longer think it's effective enough to justify using. It's better to just spend the extra money and get OPC in my opinion.

I've used both Griot's Interior Cleaner and Ultima Interior Shampoo gel. Both are fantastic interior cleaners that work great on fabric seats. Neither of these products leave residue like an APC or Degreaser.

16. Thanks getgoing thanked for this post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast