autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best APC comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You need to mop up with clean towels, using a wet vac just isn’t going to get the job done. You could try as long as possible with the wet vac and you’d still easily pull away lots of grime using a simple cotton terry towel afterwards. Best bet is spare the mess you create in the vac and go straight to the towels.

Even rinsing with water would be better than using the wet vac since you have the individual pieces of carpet out of the vehicle. Just make sure you leave them out to fully dry if you do.

This is after using the folex and then coming back with the chemical guys nonsense apc at 10:1. I then pressure washed the mats, mopped up as much water as I could and now they are hanging to dry.

I thought I had some D101 left but did not. I do have some Zep citrus degreaser but did not try it because I wanted to see if the CG would work on this. I may try the folex again with the Zep next once the mats dry and I see what I’m actually left with. What do you think? Also, what would your APC of choice been?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

You need to mop up with clean towels, using a wet vac just isn’t going to get the job done. You could try as long as possible with the wet vac and you’d still easily pull away lots of grime using a simple cotton terry towel afterwards. Best bet is spare the mess you create in the vac and go straight to the towels.

Even rinsing with water would be better than using the wet vac since you have the individual pieces of carpet out of the vehicle. Just make sure you leave them out to fully dry if you do.
    I still have the following to work on in the near future. All of this was the culmination of coffee and coke. BTW I inherited this problem, I sure didn’t make the mess. Looks like I am going to need plenty of towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robwoodgto View Post

This is after using the folex and then coming back with the chemical guys nonsense apc at 10:1. I then pressure washed the mats, mopped up as much water as I could and now they are hanging to dry.

I thought I had some D101 left but did not. I do have some Zep citrus degreaser but did not try it because I wanted to see if the CG would work on this. I may try the folex again with the Zep next once the mats dry and I see what I’m actually left with. What do you think? Also, what would your APC of choice been?

I thought that interior looked familiar.. I once detailed a similar year Sienna and just like yours that thing was thrashed. Megs D101 @10:1 worked great for me. Folex can and will work but when dealing with such a large and concentrated area I tend to favor using the D101 because using the Folex feels like a never ending task where not scrubbing begins to somehow feel counterproductive.

I’ve never used Nonsense, but they speak so highly of it @10:1 that one would assume it’s “good”?
    Since it’s your own vehicle it may not be a bad idea to give it time to dry and begin the process again with an APC @10:1. Sometimes it helps when the fabric isn’t so saturated with liquid. Helps visually if that makes sense + it’s always good to recharge your own energy if/when you feel like you’ve maybe hit a roadblock. It happens to all of us. Good luck! You’ll get it clean.Best APC comparison

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that interior looked familiar.. I once detailed a similar year Sienna and just like yours that thing was thrashed. Megs D101 @10:1 worked great for me. Folex can and will work but when dealing with such a large and concentrated area I tend to favor using the D101 because using the Folex feels like a never ending task where not scrubbing begins to somehow feel counterproductive.

I’ve never used Nonsense, but they speak so highly of it @10:1 that one would assume it’s “good”?
    Since it’s your own vehicle it may not be a bad idea to give it time to dry and begin the process again with an APC @10:1. Sometimes it helps when the fabric isn’t so saturated with liquid. Helps visually if that makes sense + it’s always good to recharge your own energy if/when you feel like you’ve maybe hit a roadblock. It happens to all of us. Good luck! You’ll get it clean.Best APC comparison
    Thanks for the feedback. Glad to know about the Folex/APC combo. With what I did today (spot cleaned mats with the Folex then went back with APC over entire mats followed by spot cleaning stains in passenger area then cleaning the spots with APC, it took 3 hours.).

I plan on inspecting stain spots this weekend and maybe going back over them again, then cleaning the carpets and upholstery and calling it a day.

I have to assume a detailer would get minimum $150 and I would say deserves every Penny. That’s work.

5. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345