autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 44 of 44
  1. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best APC comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You need to mop up with clean towels, using a wet vac just isnít going to get the job done. You could try as long as possible with the wet vac and youíd still easily pull away lots of grime using a simple cotton terry towel afterwards. Best bet is spare the mess you create in the vac and go straight to the towels.

    Even rinsing with water would be better than using the wet vac since you have the individual pieces of carpet out of the vehicle. Just make sure you leave them out to fully dry if you do.


    This is after using the folex and then coming back with the chemical guys nonsense apc at 10:1. I then pressure washed the mats, mopped up as much water as I could and now they are hanging to dry.

    I thought I had some D101 left but did not. I do have some Zep citrus degreaser but did not try it because I wanted to see if the CG would work on this. I may try the folex again with the Zep next once the mats dry and I see what Iím actually left with. What do you think? Also, what would your APC of choice been?



    Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best APC comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You need to mop up with clean towels, using a wet vac just isn’t going to get the job done. You could try as long as possible with the wet vac and you’d still easily pull away lots of grime using a simple cotton terry towel afterwards. Best bet is spare the mess you create in the vac and go straight to the towels.

    Even rinsing with water would be better than using the wet vac since you have the individual pieces of carpet out of the vehicle. Just make sure you leave them out to fully dry if you do.
    I still have the following to work on in the near future. All of this was the culmination of coffee and coke. BTW I inherited this problem, I sure didn’t make the mess. Looks like I am going to need plenty of towels.


    Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

  3. #43
    Super Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    11,584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best APC comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by robwoodgto View Post


    This is after using the folex and then coming back with the chemical guys nonsense apc at 10:1. I then pressure washed the mats, mopped up as much water as I could and now they are hanging to dry.

    I thought I had some D101 left but did not. I do have some Zep citrus degreaser but did not try it because I wanted to see if the CG would work on this. I may try the folex again with the Zep next once the mats dry and I see what Iím actually left with. What do you think? Also, what would your APC of choice been?



    Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I thought that interior looked familiar.. I once detailed a similar year Sienna and just like yours that thing was thrashed. Megs D101 @10:1 worked great for me. Folex can and will work but when dealing with such a large and concentrated area I tend to favor using the D101 because using the Folex feels like a never ending task where not scrubbing begins to somehow feel counterproductive.

    Iíve never used Nonsense, but they speak so highly of it @10:1 that one would assume itís ďgoodĒ?
    Since itís your own vehicle it may not be a bad idea to give it time to dry and begin the process again with an APC @10:1. Sometimes it helps when the fabric isnít so saturated with liquid. Helps visually if that makes sense + itís always good to recharge your own energy if/when you feel like youíve maybe hit a roadblock. It happens to all of us. Good luck! Youíll get it clean.Best APC comparison

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best APC comparison

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I thought that interior looked familiar.. I once detailed a similar year Sienna and just like yours that thing was thrashed. Megs D101 @10:1 worked great for me. Folex can and will work but when dealing with such a large and concentrated area I tend to favor using the D101 because using the Folex feels like a never ending task where not scrubbing begins to somehow feel counterproductive.

    I’ve never used Nonsense, but they speak so highly of it @10:1 that one would assume it’s “good”?
    Since it’s your own vehicle it may not be a bad idea to give it time to dry and begin the process again with an APC @10:1. Sometimes it helps when the fabric isn’t so saturated with liquid. Helps visually if that makes sense + it’s always good to recharge your own energy if/when you feel like you’ve maybe hit a roadblock. It happens to all of us. Good luck! You’ll get it clean.Best APC comparison
    Thanks for the feedback. Glad to know about the Folex/APC combo. With what I did today (spot cleaned mats with the Folex then went back with APC over entire mats followed by spot cleaning stains in passenger area then cleaning the spots with APC, it took 3 hours.).

    I plan on inspecting stain spots this weekend and maybe going back over them again, then cleaning the carpets and upholstery and calling it a day.

    I have to assume a detailer would get minimum $150 and I would say deserves every Penny. That’s work.



    Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

  5. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Threads

  1. pad comparison
    By RobThom in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2018, 05:33 PM
  2. DG QD Comparison?
    By conman1395 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2015, 01:33 AM
  3. Comparison
    By omalik93 in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 07:31 AM
  4. 3m pad comparison?
    By fech in forum Wool & Foam Buffing Pads
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 10:22 PM
  5. UDM - PC Comparison
    By GearHead_1 in forum New Car Care Products
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 10:27 PM

Members who have read this thread: 89

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» May 2021

S M T W T F S
252627282930 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31 12345