autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite sio2 spray?

Sorry, I have talked/asked in a different thread but that was going down a different road to start it back up with this question.

What is everyone's favorite sio2 spray?

I want (like most) for my vehicles to look their best with the least amount of work. I don't mind washing (if it comes clean easily) and then doing some sort of spray afterwards. I like how the sio2 stuff seams to keep things clean. I like that bugs/dirt/contaminates have a hard time sticking and the pressure of the hose seems to get them off. Ideally I want to use an AIO like BF twice a year then maintain with a spray like the Meg's M799 after every wash. I was thinking this because it can be diluted or full strength. It's supposed to add gloss and be slick all with the sio2 properties...but it hasn't come out yet to see any reviews. No matter what I think it would do great for how often I would be using it (once every week -10 days).

With that said, is there anything else sio2 I should be looking at?

What does everyone think about the sonax pns and bds that I keep reading about compared to sio2?

I really think the M799 is going to be more than fine for me but want to hear what others think?

My ears are open... THANKS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite sio2 spray?

I like CarPro's Reload only because I have CQuartz on my paint and like to keep it synergistic.

3. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love The Last Coat v2.0
    Great shine and durability

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Megs new Ceramic detailer and Technicians choice TEC 582 both work great. TW's new ceramic spray works great too

Post Thanks / Like

You know a lot of the newer products you don't need to use each time you wash your car ( Heck, even decent spray waxes will last at least two weeks.) I have a vehicle I use BSD on every 4-6 weeks. I don't think I've ever lost protection.

7. Likes rfoster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel m799 will be alot like their new ceramic detailer which is nice. Nothing spray on wipe off can compete with Cosmic in terms of shine and hydrophobics (well maybe Kamikaze overcoat).

At $119 for 500ML its really expensive though.

For the $20-30 bottle crowd i like Shine supply clutch and Griots Ceramic 3-1. Both gloss well and protect well.

I think Clutch looks better but is more effort to use. Spread, remove then buff. Likes some dwell time too,

I’d probably go with Griots 95% as good but easier to apply (wipe on wipe off) and less than half the price in gallons $(195 vs 85)

I will say avoid gallons in toppers. You think you’ll ise one topper if you love it and it’s a much better price per oz but you’ll never use it all. You’ll get into other products.

Got a half gallon of clutch I’m sitting on that i’ll never use up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First, here’s a link to a thread last year that named a bunch of sprays at that time. Post #35 had the last list but other members were still adding items I never heard of after that. It’s a ‘longevity categories’ list but might ‘remind’ some members what they have used and enjoy.

2019 Beginner`s List of SiO2 Spray Products - Page 3

For tonight, my favorite SiO2 Spray is Polish Angel High Gloss, just because that’s what came to mind first. Not the most durable or cheap, but extremely fun to use and look at the results. The PA Carnauba Arts have SiO2 and also carnauba and are amazing too.

I’ll probably respond back with some more economical favorites once I have think about it. So many good ones out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    I love The Last Coat v2.0
    Great shine and durability

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I've good things about it... pricey I thought when I looked it up?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    You know a lot of the newer products you don't need to use each time you wash your car ( Heck, even decent spray waxes will last at least two weeks.) I have a vehicle I use BSD on every 4-6 weeks. I don't think I've ever lost protection.
    I like to do it since it only takes 10-15 min. I feel it makes it look better... maybe just in my head

13. Thanks Epilogts thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    First, here’s a link to a thread last year that named a bunch of sprays at that time. Post #35 had the last list but other members were still adding items I never heard of after that. It’s a ‘longevity categories’ list but might ‘remind’ some members what they have used and enjoy.

2019 Beginner`s List of SiO2 Spray Products - Page 3

For tonight, my favorite SiO2 Spray is Polish Angel High Gloss, just because that’s what came to mind first. Not the most durable or cheap, but extremely fun to use and look at the results. The PA Carnauba Arts have SiO2 and also carnauba and are amazing too.

I’ll probably respond back with some more economical favorites once I have think about it. So many good ones out there.
    Thanks for the link! I tried searching before I posted and couldn't come up with anything...not sure why sometimes.

Thanks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast