autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

All in one interior cleaner protectant

I am looking for a new all in one interior cleaner protectant. In the past I used Megs Quik interior detailer. I think it is just time for something new. I am between Optimum Opti clean and Chemical Guys inner clean. My real question, how glossy is Opti clean for interiors?
    Next, is there something else I should consider?

thanks!
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

Post Thanks / Like

Re: All in one interior cleaner protectant

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers ST View Post
    I am looking for a new all in one interior cleaner protectant. In the past I used Megs Quik interior detailer. I think it is just time for something new. I am between Optimum Opti clean and Chemical Guys inner clean. My real question, how glossy is Opti clean for interiors?

thanks!
    Megs is great for interior quick clean ups. I’ve heard good things about inner clean but it’s a QD like Megs. I think opti clen mighr be more substantial but have never used.

P&S Xpress interior have gotten great reviews (vids by obsessed garage and Pan). I’ve got a gallon waiting to be popped open but waiting to use up all my Megs. Super cheap too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I second P&S Xpress interior. I diluted it 1:1 (product to distilled water) and it worked great. I like how it foams up when use with a detail brush. Follow up with a damp microfiber towel you will be surprise how much dirt you will pick up from the interior.

I am never a fan of all in one interior products so I generally would lay down a layer of a dedicated protectant such as 303 Aerospace Protectant or Ultima Interior Guard Plus to finish the job. Both products has very low gloss and dry to the touch which I like a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Brad. I really like the P&S as well. If I remember correctly both Renny and Bob said it offered protection as well as cleaning ability. I personally hate shiny interior. So on the occasion I add a “dressing” I use either Shape up, or BeadMaker, as both of these offer a nice matte finish. If you want to pick up a bottle, reach out to Nick at Sticklers 4 Details in Ft Collins. He is a P&S store front. Tell him we are long time Miata friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Opti-Clean works well for interior. It is not a strong cleaner. I think Meguiar's QID cleans better. Opti-Clean smells better. It is a waterless wash after all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers ST View Post

thanks!
    Are you looking to use this new product to maintain your own vehicles or customers vehicles?

If you had to choose only 1 of the 2 purposes... Would you say you’re more looking for this product to be able to handle the brunt of the cleaning, or are you more looking for a product to be a finisher wipedown type of product? I know you’d like it to be able to do both, but if you had to choose, which 1 is more important for your needs?

I have no experience with the P&S Interior product that’s been mentioned in this thread, but I did just watch a couple video reviews and it appears to be legit. I’d say the recommendations are solid.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to throw in Griot's Interior Detailer. Awesome cleaning, great smell, UV protection and does leave a nice low gloss sheen. Checks all of my boxes!!

Mike

8. Likes Coopers ST, oneheadlite, Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Are you looking to use this new product to maintain your own vehicles or customers vehicles?

If you had to choose only 1 of the 2 purposes... Would you say you’re more looking for this product to be able to handle the brunt of the cleaning, or are you more looking for a product to be a finisher wipedown type of product? I know you’d like it to be able to do both, but if you had to choose, which 1 is more important for your needs?

I have no experience with the P&S Interior product that’s been mentioned in this thread, but I did just watch a couple video reviews and it appears to be legit. I’d say the recommendations are solid.
    It will maintain my cars, and if a customer car is just dusty or needs light cleaning it will do that also.
    I would rather it protect better than clean, I have more ways to clean than protect.
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Hey Brad. I really like the P&S as well. If I remember correctly both Renny and Bob said it offered protection as well as cleaning ability. I personally hate shiny interior. So on the occasion I add a “dressing” I use either Shape up, or BeadMaker, as both of these offer a nice matte finish. If you want to pick up a bottle, reach out to Nick at Sticklers 4 Details in Ft Collins. He is a P&S store front. Tell him we are long time Miata friends.
    I hate shiny also that is why I am asking. The description says it adds gloss. I don't want that in the interior. We still need to grab that beer
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch

Post Thanks / Like

Does the P&S Xpress offer protection also?
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast