autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

car pro lite applicatio

i am applying car pro lite very soon on my car which has been fully decomm. polished, clayed etc...

i have been asking about this for a while on the forums and am relatively confident now doing the job this time but got few concerns...

1) i obtained 4 300gsm edgeless towels for layering the product, but may be short on towels, found some newly packed mic 406 03 from chemical guys, will those be fine for product layering ?

2) do i really need to use a second PLUSH MF to buff off excess after the initial layering with the above MF ?... its not mentioned anywhere on carpro you need to use two towels ! just once for layering !...

3) I will do first layer, wait 1 hour, apply second layer, wait another 1 hour then apply third ? are 3 layers ok ? and will that add more durability ? finally after three layers can i apply cap pro reload on the final layer ?

4) i have 5 300gsm edlegess MF, two that came with carpro lite, and a bunch of brand new mic 406 03, are those enough ? can i flip the towel to 4 sections for the layering step to maximize the use of each towel ?

i gotta work with what i got right now coz i cant order more stuff online coz i live in the UAE.

thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

Re: car pro lite applicatio

If I understood your post correctly, you do have enough towels. I would definitely use a different towel to wipe the excess away and make sure you're wiping adjacent panels too or you may end up with a high spot. I prefer non plush towels for this, they just need to be soft enough to not marr the paint but plush towels tend to roll over and be a PITA to wipe coating off.
    Two layers of Lite should be enough. And I would also skip on Reload, especially if you can keep the car dry for a couple of days. Reload is not CarPro's best product.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

You def have enough towels, and you should be able to get by with that type. I agree with BSoares on using shorter nap towels for leveling/removing coatings, so if they have a short nap side use that. I made the switch to using pearl weave towels strictly for this. Another quick tip is to wash your new towels prior to first use...be sure there's no leftover dust, dirt, chemicals from manufacturing and transport. Reload can be pretty simple to use as long as you aren't too heavy handed....

Post Thanks / Like

Which is easier to apply on a dry car reload or car pro hydro lite?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jojokoko View Post

1) i obtained 4 300gsm edgeless towels for layering the product, but may be short on towels, found some newly packed mic 406 03 from chemical guys, will those be fine for product layering ?
    300 GSM towels work well for coating removal. Not familiar with these chemical guys towels but if that is what you have then resort to those.

2) do i really need to use a second PLUSH MF to buff off excess after the initial layering with the above MF ?... its not mentioned anywhere on carpro you need to use two towels ! just once for layering !...
    Two towels allows the user to ensure all excess coating residue is removed to avoid high spots. The first towel will load up with product and will eventually just push product around leaving a smeary look. So you will want to flip sides as well. Follow up with a second towel for a final buff as mentioned.

3) I will do first layer, wait 1 hour, apply second layer, wait another 1 hour then apply third ? are 3 layers ok ? and will that add more durability ? finally after three layers can i apply cap pro reload on the final layer ?
    No need to do so many layers. It will not increase durability. Stick to the recommended 2 layers and call it a day. If the vehicle will be exposed to the elements prior to 48 hours then Reload will prevent water spots. I do agree that Reload is not CarPro's best product. The only time I would use it is for this exact purpose. Other than that I would recommend maintaining with Elixir after the first wash.

Directions:
    Make sure the surface is clean and full decontaminated. Use CarPro Iron X, Tar X, and clay the surface to ensure all contamination is removed.
    Use Carpro Eraser (or similar) to remove oils before application. Make sure surface is cool and dry. You may wish to polish the surface with CarPro Essence or Reflect to create higher gloss before using Eraser or to ensure maximum durability.
    Apply 10-12 drops on a microfiber applicator; apply the product evenly to one small area of roughly 24x24” / 60cm x 60cm with complete coverage and an even layer.
    Use a CarPro 2Face Towel or any high quality low nap microfiber towel to remove any excess. CQuartz Lite does not need to be left to cure on the surface so it should be removed immediately. Check well with an appropriate light source to ensure you remove any high spots (excess product that was not leveled) or residue. Note: For a short period of time after application, high spots that were not removed immediately can be corrected by applying more CQuartz Lite on that area and wiping off immediately.
    After the paint is free of residue, leave to dry for 4 hours prior to getting wet. Any water drops during first 48h should be removed before drying to prevent water spotting. We also recommend the use of CarPro Reload 1 hour after application to protect from water spots during first 48h.

4) i have 5 300gsm edlegess MF, two that came with carpro lite, and a bunch of brand new mic 406 03, are those enough ? can i flip the towel to 4 sections for the layering step to maximize the use of each towel ?
    See my post about this up above. You have enough for two layers.

For reference

Review - CarPro Cquartz Lite

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all your responses guys,

i will stick to 2 layers only i dont think i will need more anyways.

am just trying to figure out after applying the first layer, when do i apply the second layer ?

and are the chemical guys mic 406 03 good for layering ?

is it ok covering the car with nylon (as a car cover) after the application ? am worried some car or bird dropping will make its way to my car paint during night, believe it or not despite parking in a garage lol !!

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Mayne a cover will marr the paint?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I would not cover the car.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all your responses guys,

i will stick to 2 layers only i dont think i will need more anyways.

am just trying to figure out after applying the first layer, when do i apply the second layer ?
    See my review.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    See my review.
    i was looking for the word "Layer" in your review so i missed it ! you mentioned a second coat can be applied after 1 hour, unfortunately i will have to drive the car on the high way after just 36 Hours of the job done, am kind off worried, bug splatter, dust and potential water spotting, reloaded WILL be applied, is that good enough or any precautions to take into considration ?...

thanks,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast