autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Hydro2 Lite

Quote Originally Posted by tim500 View Post
    What streaks less reload or hydro2 lite?
    someone needs to do a side by side comparison

Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t have issue with hydro lite 2 streaking but only tried once in spray on spray off. Reload sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I didn’t have issue with hydro lite 2 streaking but only tried once in spray on spray off. Reload sucks

When did you last try Reload? There was a period where they had a bad batch that was absolutely terrible to use. Streaked endlessly. But that was eventually fixed and they exchanged bottles for anyone who had some from the bad batch.

Reload is my favorite ceramic coating topper at the moment. We use it almost every day at my shop.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

4. Likes Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AutowerxDetailing View Post
    When did you last try Reload? There was a period where they had a bad batch that was absolutely terrible to use. Streaked endlessly. But that was eventually fixed and they exchanged bottles for anyone who had some from the bad batch.

Reload is my favorite ceramic coating topper at the moment. We use it almost every day at my shop.

how do you compare reload vs. hydro lite 2?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AutowerxDetailing View Post

I got it last year. It was after that batch because i remember reading about it. Lasted about 2 months.

I like Shine Supply clutch if willing to put in work. Apply with applicator and remove with 1st towel and buff with second. Griots Ceramic Wax 3-1 is alot easier to apply. Protects as well but I feel Clutch looks better. All these are comparable in price.

Did side by side with Hydrosilex last year and applied better lasted longer with comparable results.

It’s my own car so i’ve been using PA Cosmic and Kamikaze Overcoat mostly and although vastly better products the should be for the price.

Application of Reload was not too difficult similar to my process with Clutch

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Hydro2 Lite

I've used Wet Coat before but not Hydro2 Lite so I ordered the 33oz bottle. I used it today as a spray and rinse off product, but I tried it as a wipe on and wipe off too. It worked well as a wipe on wipe off spray sealant. Wasn’t expecting that.

8. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on Nanoskin Super Charger as the gallon is a 1:100 concentrate. And yes, some have mentioned using it as a wipe-on product. What wasn’t clear was whether it was wiped-on and then rinsed off or treated as you mention, wipe-on/wipe-off.

10. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I’m thinking of pulling the trigger on Nanoskin Super Charger as the gallon is a 1:100 concentrate. And yes, some have mentioned using it as a wipe-on product. What wasn’t clear was whether it was wiped-on and then rinsed off or treated as you mention, wipe-on/wipe-off.
    I was going to order Wet Coat, but the Hydro2 is a better value I think. Nanoskin Super Charger is an even better value.

I recently read a post that said you can wipe it on/off like a normal sealant. After my wash today, I used Hydro and rinsed it off like I normally would. I then dried the car and tried applying it by wiping on/off when dry and much to my surprise it was really easy. Flashed fast and no streaks.

12. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Nanoskin Super Charger has the highest bang for the buck over any other sio2 spray-on rinse-off product. I've tried both Wetcoat and Hydro2 and there just isn't any noticeable difference in performance that would justify paying more.

With that being said, you have to adjust your expectations. This just isn't a viable long lasting form of protection. Its very short term. And this product, for me, is solely meant to create beading to areas that are flat, like wheels or lower doors to make drying easier. That's it.

14. Likes CleanIT, dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for elixr…best of both products….
    Glen -

16. Likes CleanIT liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast