autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CSL cure time and C2v3/EXO application

Hey all,

A few questions. I am gonna be giving my car the treatment tomorrow and I am gonna finish off with CSL. I know the instructions say to let it cure indoors for 12 hours. I have to pick my kids up at school so the car will probably sit for an hour in the garage after costing, then once I am done picking them up it will be back in the garage for 17 hours. Do you think I this ok?

How long do I wait to top with C2v3? I also think I’m gonna throw EXO on there after the first wash. Any extra prep to do with that?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CSL cure time and C2v3/EXO application

If you are going to add Exo don't bother topping with C2v3. Or else you will have to strip C2v3 somehow. Save yourself the work.

You can actually coat with Exo as soon as you get back. You can apply 2 coats of Exo right after the other as GTechniq recommends two coats of Exo.

Straight from Gtechniq's site

Apply Crystal Serum Light first following the instructions from the Crystal Serum Light web page.

Once applied you can, without waiting or needing to use Panel Wipe, apply the EXO directly over the Crystal Serum Light. We recommend you apply EXO to your vehicle's panels in the same order you did when applying the Crystal Serum Light. And as with the CSL please follow the instructions from the EXO web page.

Post Thanks / Like

GTechniq says you can apply EXOv3 straight away after applying CSL by going back to the first panel you applied CSL to however, in my experience I like wait about an hour before applying EXO, with cure time there are so many variables considering humidity, the users speed of applications in reference to the size of the automobile (you will get back to that first panel alot faster on a civic than you would a Tahoe) ....I've found if you get back to that first panel too quickly EXO can be a little "smeary" (for lack of a better term) I've found if you give CSL an hour or so of cure time then EXO should go on just as easy as CSL....And I agree with GUZ, no need for C2 if you are applying EXO save it for maintenance down the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jkrig View Post
    GTechniq says you can apply EXOv3 straight away after applying CSL by going back to the first panel you applied CSL to however, in my experience I like wait about an hour before applying EXO, with cure time there are so many variables considering humidity, the users speed of applications in reference to the size of the automobile (you will get back to that first panel alot faster on a civic than you would a Tahoe) ....I've found if you get back to that first panel too quickly EXO can be a little "smeary" (for lack of a better term) I've found if you give CSL an hour or so of cure time then EXO should go on just as easy as CSL....And I agree with GUZ, no need for C2 if you are applying EXO save it for maintenance down the road.
    Thanks for the reply guys. Unfortunately I goofed up and didn’t order EXO in time. So I’ll be adding EXO to the mix after a week or so after it’s first wash.

I will hold off on C2v3.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jkrig View Post
    I'm about to do this exact same application, I have CSL and EXO V4, I was wondering I know it says to apply the EXO right after CSL, and you recommend waiting an hour and then applying EXO. What if I were to wait till the next day before applying EXO V4, is there any harm in waiting for CSL to cure that long before adding the EXO V4?

Post Thanks / Like

How long are you guys typically waiting to apply C2V3 after a coat of CSL or EXO?
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NsnRogue2014 View Post
    I'm about to do this exact same application, I have CSL and EXO V4, I was wondering I know it says to apply the EXO right after CSL, and you recommend waiting an hour and then applying EXO. What if I were to wait till the next day before applying EXO V4, is there any harm in waiting for CSL to cure that long before adding the EXO V4?
    That is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    How long are you guys typically waiting to apply C2V3 after a coat of CSL or EXO?
    I have had CSL + Exo on my other car for about a month and I have yet to use C2v3 on it. Don't plan to use it on my paint as I have read C2v3 is prone to water spotting. The only thing I intend to use on it is EcH20. The only area that gets C2v3 is on the wheels of my daily driver that has Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour + Exo V3.

8. Likes NsnRogue2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I have had CSL + Exo on my other car for about a month and I have yet to use C2v3 on it. Don't plan to use it on my paint as I have read C2v3 is prone to water spotting. The only thing I intend to use on it is EcH20. The only area that gets C2v3 is on the wheels of my daily driver that has Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour + Exo V3.
    Yea I was planning on maintaining with ECH20 and reload or bead maker. This will be my 3rd coating I've done, I have Cquartz UK and Gliss on my girlfriends car but have heard such good things about CSL wanted to try it on my own car.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd skip the C2V3. When I did CSL + C2V3 the self cleaning/water spotting was horrible until about 2 months in, when I'd guess the C2V3 wore off.

Everybody is different so YMMV however.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    That is fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NsnRogue2014 View Post
    Nope, GTechniq recommends topping with EXO within 24 hours....then you will have a curing window for the EXO, I believe it was 12 hours

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast