autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion for white Focus paint AIO/LSP application

Our babysitter just got a 5-6 year old white Ford Focus and I want to hook her up with a cleaning and winter/spring protection. It’s her 2nd and best cat she’s owned and she’s quite thankful for it, wants to keep it nice! I’m impressed with her attitude.

I have so much stuff I don’t use that I think is good on white paint and durable, so I’m particularly having the following in mind to apply during a quick 2 hour detail (will include wash):
    FK1000p
    PNS / BSD
    DG 105 / 601
    Mckees 360

Initial thoughts:
    I think she would be pleasantly surprised how the white will look polished, otherwise I would just slap a coat of PNS or FK1000p after a chemical wash and be done. I don’t think Ill have enough time to do a good polish with Mckees 360 after a wash.

So, seems like DG 105/601 is my best bet since I think it can be applied quickly being only a cleaner sealant with no abrasives. I may follow with PNS or FK1000p a week later, but Sunday I’m just concerned with the 501 cleaning.

QuestionS for forum:
    - Since I’ve never used 105 with 601, please help me: do I mix the two on a pad together and apply, or is it best to apply 601 then 501 on top of the dry residue? I know directions are the latter but I thought I read about the former being effective, and obviously quicker if that works.

- Also, does anyone see any reason why PNS or FK1000p might not bond to DG 105 a week or two later?

- And of course if anyone sees a way better process for a quick clean and protect given the products above, feel free to give feedback!

Edit: - And, is there any point in using a polishing pad for 105 even though I’ll be moving very quickly, or is a LC black/red the way to go?

Thanks for helping the women who helps out with my son!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestion for white Focus paint AIO/LSP application

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    - Since I’ve never used 501 with 601, please help me: do I mix the two on a pad together and apply, or is it best to apply 601 then 501 on top of the dry residue? I know directions are the latter but I thought I read about the former being effective, and obviously quicker if that works.
    Don't mix the 501+601 on a pad, rather, mix them together in a small disposable container/cup, and stir occasionally during use. Since they (Duragloss) say the "working time" is approx. 2 hrs., don't mix any more than you will need.

3. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    Don't mix the 501+601 on a pad, rather, mix them together in a small disposable container/cup, and stir occasionally during use. Since they (Duragloss) say the "working time" is approx. 2 hrs., don't mix any more than you will need.
    Thank you! I’m so sorry to all but I meant DG 105 this whole thread, not 501. Hopefully that doesn’t change the responses. Original post updated.

Mix 50/50?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Thank you! I’m so sorry to all but I meant DG 105 this whole thread, not 501. Hopefully that doesn’t change the responses. Original post updated.

Mix 50/50?
    4 parts 105 to 1 part 601.

Per this - 16 oz. - Duragloss TPP (Total Performance Polish)

P.S. - You can mix 601 with 105, 111, or 501.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Rambler! You are a smart, kind person.