autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wiper blade leaving streaks on windshield

Hi all, Since day 1 I've had problems with my wipers/windshield . New wipers always end up jittering a few months after installation. I've used BMW rebranded wipers, Bosch wipers, and Valeo wipers. So far valeo wipers lasted me the longest, I'm not too sure whether it's because of the lack of rain hence it appears to last longer or it's actually built better. However it's starting to make noise now, therefore I'm on my way to my fourth set of wipers and I'll be purchasing bosch aero twin plus again.

Today while driving in the rain I realised that my wipers are leaving marks in the middle of my windshield that are visible only when the windshield is wet. Examining the windshield, I could not feel any scratches but I could see the marks at a certain angle. At the place where the wipers rest, more prominent marks could be seen there (only when wet), I believe it has been there since day 1.

YouTube

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I've tried cleaning the windshield, cleaning the wipers and claybarring the windshield, nothing has provided me with a permanent solution yet, therefore I've decided I'll give glass polish a go, specifically car pro ceriglass followed by car pro flyby forte. Has anyone tried this product before? Would this product remove the marks and provide me with a long term solution to my problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wiper blade leaving streaks on windshield

As crazy as it sounds... what kind of windshield wiper fluid do you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by detailnoob View Post
    Hi all, Since day 1 I've had problems with my wipers/windshield . New wipers always end up jittering a few months after installation. I've used BMW rebranded wipers, Bosch wipers, and Valeo wipers. So far valeo wipers lasted me the longest, I'm not too sure whether it's because of the lack of rain hence it appears to last longer or it's actually built better. However it's starting to make noise now, therefore I'm on my way to my fourth set of wipers and I'll be purchasing bosch aero twin plus again.

Today while driving in the rain I realised that my wipers are leaving marks in the middle of my windshield that are visible only when the windshield is wet. Examining the windshield, I could not feel any scratches but I could see the marks at a certain angle. At the place where the wipers rest, more prominent marks could be seen there (only when wet), I believe it has been there since day 1.

YouTube

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I've tried cleaning the windshield, cleaning the wipers and claybarring the windshield, nothing has provided me with a permanent solution yet, therefore I've decided I'll give glass polish a go, specifically car pro ceriglass followed by car pro flyby forte. Has anyone tried this product before? Would this product remove the marks and provide me with a long term solution to my problem?
    Ceriglass with a rayon pad will definitely clean your glass and rid those wiper marks.

Most pp dry wipe their windshield..by that I mean they turn on their wipers before wetting. Give your windshield a good soak before turning on your wipers. The top of the blade while resting is accumulating a lot of dirt and grime.

4. Likes Scott71 liked this post
    Dislikes Scott71 disliked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Ceriglass with a rayon pad will definitely clean your glass and rid those wiper marks.

Most pp dry wipe their windshield..by that I mean they turn on their wipers before wetting. Give your windshield a good soak before turning on your wipers. The top of the blade while resting is accumulating a lot of dirt and grime.
    That's great to hear, I shall order the detail pack, since I do have a polisher would manual polish withe the block be sufficient? Will it leave swirl mark on the windshield?

Quote Originally Posted by Avant View Post
    As crazy as it sounds... what kind of windshield wiper fluid do you use?
    No you are not crazy ... I've heard that wiper fluid can degrade the quality of wipers. TBH i'm not sure what I'm using atm, probably BMW branded wipers fluid. When used, the blades do sweep nicely for a few minutes it then returns to squeaking sweeps.

Post Thanks / Like

Try some 303 on your blades...I use cheap ($10 per) rain x beam blades and 303 makes them last forever

Sent from my SM-A205U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rrthomas78 View Post
    Try some 303 on your blades...I use cheap ($10 per) rain x beam blades and 303 makes them last forever

I have used 303 on mine as well. I can say it helped the longevity a bit.

One tip I got here on AGO a few years ago that works great is to add a couple ounces of ONR to the washer fluid.

It works, and I like to share the tip whenever the subject comes up.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I have used 303 on mine as well. I can say it helped the longevity a bit.

One tip I got here on AGO a few years ago that works great is to add a couple ounces of ONR to the washer fluid.

It works, and I like to share the tip whenever the subject comes up.
    I'll be trying that tomorrow thanks for the tip

Post Thanks / Like

When using 303 on blades, are we talking a simple wipeon application of 303 to the blade ? Or are we talking "pickling" the things in a bath of 303 ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    When using 303 on blades, are we talking a simple wipeon application of 303 to the blade ? Or are we talking "pickling" the things in a bath of 303 ?
    Wipe on...it does the trick

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=detailnoob;1665269]That's great to hear, I shall order the detail pack, since I do have a polisher would manual polish withe the block be sufficient? Will it leave swirl mark on the windshield?

A polisher will make your life easier.

No it will not leave swirl marks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast