autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Hobbits are out, the PiXiEs are IN!!!

Hello my friends.

So it’s been the best part of a Month since we returned from our vacation in the USA, & that means I’ve spent the best part of that time putting some hours in at the shop with the latest additions to my Flex family - the Flex PXE 80 12-EC & the Flex XCE 8-125 18.0 Cordless Polishers.

My collection of Flex tools now consists of the four cordless variations & each one has its valued time & place inside our shop.

Without going into the technical ins & outs of the PXE 80 12-EC I’m just going to talk about my experiences to date with this tool in hand in a “real World” situation - our little shop.

When Flex released the information about the PiXiE I already knew I had to have one, & having one in hand it exceeded all expectations almost immediately & I hadn’t even turned it on yet.
    It’s a lot smaller than the pictures depict & Wow, it’s so light & beautifully balanced.
    The quick release mechanism is incredibly easy to use & most importantly it’s fast! No need for tools to change configurations or backing plate/pad size. Fast & convenient - we’re winning already.

I’m gonna pause it here & add some pictures in case anyone gets bored ...

Here I am using the PiXiE to restore some clarity back into the clear vinyl window on this Mazda MX-5 (Miata) ... Yellow RUPES pad & 3D ONE.

Ignition time! Turning the PiXiE on & as I expected I was greeted with that typical Flex smoothness & then there was an awesome display of power from this pint size powerhouse! Even though I had read about the power of this machine before, I dont think I was really prepared for the actual performance it possesses.
    Running the PXE in 12mm free spinning DA mode with a three inch pad it not only surprised me, it blew my mind. Wow this thing has some muscles!

I attempted to stop the pad from spinning simply in “real World” situations but I just couldn’t. In fact, I think it’d be pretty careless to try on purpose to get it to actually stop so I figured I would conclude that the PXE 80 12-EC has ample amounts of power to tackle any situation I am going to throw at it in our shop.

Switching over to a one inch pad in 12mm free spinning DA mode - without the need of any tools too I must say, & again, the PiXiE runs as smooth, powerful & as well balanced as ever ... colour me impressed.

I guess if there was a gripe, & I’m not entirely sure there is as this machines attributes put a shine on every situation but perhaps an excellent addition would be a two inch backing plate ... for use in either DA or Rotary mode ...

Speaking of Rotary mode - So, the PiXiE is set up for use as a one inch Rotary, the three inch backing plate cannot be used in Rotary configuration although I believe ( & I’ve read this opinion from others too) it certainly has the power to spin a three inch pad.

Using the PiXiE in one inch Rotary mode rewards you with the same pleasurable experience as with the one & three inch DA configurations. Smooth, balanced & power for days.

My verdict - Well, I believe I may have a “Tool Crush” on the PXE 80 12-EC, it really is a massive performer. I haven’t had a car through the shop that hasn’t had the PiXiE touch & I believe myself, the cars & my clients are the better for it. It really is a brilliant machine that does exactly what it’s supposed to do & does it extremely well.

Thank you all for stopping by & reading my thoughts on the PiXiE (PXE 80 12-EC) ...

... Oh, & for what it’s worth - the 3mm free spinning DA configuration - sanding only in my opinion - works a treat.

A couple of pictures of the cars the PiXiE has been put to work on ...

Aaryn NZ.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

2. Thanks Diner, Rmd thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Hobbits are out, the PiXiEs are IN!!!

Very nice. I love this little tool. I have it about 3 months now and I wonder how I did without this tool now.

Worth every penny!
    Jim

4. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool Aaryn! Nice collection of FLEX. Bit jealous over here. I need to get one as well.

Keep up the outstanding work buddy.

6. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aaryn tearing it up with the Pixie!!

Awesome work as always, my brother.

Love seeing all those "Down Under" rides.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review and pics Aaryn...now you're gonna make me purchase another machine!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

9. Likes Detailchick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, bud! Nice "review" of this wonderful little guy. I'm not sure I want it more, though. I mean, I was already at MAX WANT mode. Now I'm just pegging the needle in the red. haha

That clear vinyl window came out...clear!

Excellent work on all those cars!!!

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Thanks, bud! Nice "review" of this wonderful little guy. I'm not sure I want it more, though. I mean, I was already at MAX WANT mode. Now I'm just pegging the needle in the red. haha

That clear vinyl window came out...clear!

Excellent work on all those cars!!!
    If I were to detail other's cars for money, this machine would be a must IMO.

But for little ol' me maintaining and babying my Ram and wife's Jeep, the cost of the Pixie wouldn't make sense.

That doesn't detract from the cool factor of this machine though..... I almost wish I needed one. Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

13. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    If I were to detail other's cars for money, this machine would be a must IMO.

But for little ol' me maintaining and babying my Ram and wife's Jeep, the cost of the Pixie wouldn't make sense.

That doesn't detract from the cool factor of this machine though..... I almost wish I needed one. Lol
    Totally agree. If I did it daily, I would.

But, I only do limited work. So, it will have to wait.

I'm considering selling off a machine or two, though!! That could help

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I really want this, I need a small polisher, im in between this and the ibrid.. I loved my xc3401 but it got stolen and now i only have a rupes LHR15 and makita .Im considering going all Flex or all Rupes. I like Flex more but I see alot of people with Rupes.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Very nice. I love this little tool. I have it about 3 months now and I wonder how I did without this tool now.

Worth every penny!
    Thanks Dr Oldz.

Indeed buddy, I have been thinking the same ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    Very cool Aaryn! Nice collection of FLEX. Bit jealous over here. I need to get one as well.

Keep up the outstanding work buddy.
    Thank you Mike.

Yeah you do my friend. I know you’re gonna love having a PXE in the cavalry.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Aaryn tearing it up with the Pixie!!

Awesome work as always, my brother.

Love seeing all those "Down Under" rides.
    Cheers PaulMys.

Mate, I’m struggling to put this thing down.

Appreciate it Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Thanks for the review and pics Aaryn...now you're gonna make me purchase another machine!
    Thank you Scott.

Hahaha, all part of my plan ... PiXiE’s for everyone!!!

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

17. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.