autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Do microfiber-specific detergents clean any better than "free & clear" detergents?

Currently, I'm using All Free & Clear. I'm noticing dirt remaining on my MF even after a wash. I usually was using ONR and my drying towel sometimes picks up light dirt (the subject of plenty of questions on this forum). This dirt stays on the towel after the wash (which includes a soak and an extra rinse).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do microfiber-specific detergents clean any better than "free & clear" detergents?

I use Tide Heavy Duty and the results seem OK. I don’t imagine a MF detergent cleaning much better.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do microfiber-specific detergents clean any better than "free & clear" detergents?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I use Tide Heavy Duty and the results seem OK. I don’t imagine a MF detergent cleaning much better.
    Micro-Restore doesn?t just clean microfiber, it restores microfiber!

Have you used this yet? It works wonders and does make a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

One of these days I may try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! Using a MF detergent that’s designed to clean automotive cleaning products from towels will out perform a laundry soap designed for cleaning the clothes we wear.
    Try using Micro Restore or 3D Towel Kleen.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if MF detergent cleans clothes better than Tide. Then all we would need is one detergent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I wonder if MF detergent cleans clothes better than Tide. Then all we would need is one detergent.
    It’s like bath soap & shampoo. Do you use the same as your wife? Probably not...

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, what wife?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjevans View Post
    Currently, I'm using All Free & Clear. I'm noticing dirt remaining on my MF even after a wash. I usually was using ONR and my drying towel sometimes picks up light dirt (the subject of plenty of questions on this forum). This dirt stays on the towel after the wash (which includes a soak and an extra rinse).
    Yeah, on that ONR thing.
    If you want the stubborn, dirt clingy ONR towel to come clean you will have to experiment with an APC or a degreaser soak.
    I haven't used ONR for a minute but I found ZEP heavy duty orange degreaser or ZEP fast 505 in a bucket with Hot water( of course initially ) soaking for a day or 2 was the ticket to clean.

I use the same method for most of the first stage cleaning towels/ mitts these days.
    This cuts the dirt and isn't wishful thinking with a hot wash, *insert detergent*,vinegar in rinse dispenser and extra rinse.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve read somewhere that they are different products that do different things. Detergents remove dirt, grease and the things we are removing from paint.

Mf Detergents break down the things we add to the paint and condition the MF. I think it said wash with Detergent washing and cleaning MF’s and MF detergent with polishing, removal and buffing towels.

We use more cleaning towels and the F&C detergents saves money.

That being said I wash most of my towels together. Ive tried a few 3D Kleen, tide F&C, Mckee’s MF and Griots MF and pad cleaner.

I like the Griots the best. They recommend mixing it with F&C detergent. Reduces cost and towels come out clean, soft and absorbant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast