autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polish Age

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Age

Quote Originally Posted by gofast182 View Post

It would be nice if more manufacturers offered 4 or 8oz bottles.

Menzerna, 3D, Sonax and I'm sure others offer 8oz bottles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I buy only the 16 ounce bottles only. I bought a gallon jug once and not even close to finish it. After 2 years I was able to. Lesson learned. BTW, it was car soap not polish. Even a gallon car soap took a long time....LOL

KEEP ON ROCKING!
    I’m the opposite... Even products that I never thought I’d ever use up seem to somehow get used.

For example I honestly thought this gallon concentrate of D120 Glass Cleaner could last me a lifetime, but it’s nearly done.

Gallon of Hyper Wash... Used it up fairly quick.

Half gallon of PRC gone even though I haven’t used it in forever and I’m not even a fan of AIO’s.

Post Thanks / Like

Your right, D120 Glass Cleaner should last a very long time, but not with someone that is OCD. LOL!

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Your right, D120 Glass Cleaner should last a very long time, but not with someone that is OCD. LOL!
    Ric OCD?

C'Mon Man!!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I got part of my answer yesterday...
    It was a nice-ish day and I had the itch so I went out to do a little work on the S2000. I wanted to use HD Speed. I noticed the consistency was thick and very slight cottage cheese texture but nothing was separated so I went ahead. The first section went OK but by the second section it was leaving a thick almost rubbery residue on the paint that was very hard to remove. I switched to my even older bottle of Menzerna SF4500 and after I got a few chunks out of the cap/spout it was a nearly perfect consistency. I threw away the remaining HD Speed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’m the opposite... Even products that I never thought I’d ever use up seem to somehow get used.

For example I honestly thought this gallon concentrate of D120 Glass Cleaner could last me a lifetime, but it’s nearly done.

Gallon of Hyper Wash... Used it up fairly quick.

Half gallon of PRC gone even though I haven’t used it in forever and I’m not even a fan of AIO’s.
    While I mentioned earlier I try to stay with small quantities, for me that philosophy really only applies to things like sealants, coatings, polishes, QD's ect. When it comes to car wash shampoo and wheel cleaner I'll go with gallons. I use those products far more often and will easily go through a gallon in a year or two...maybe less depending on weather and how much time I have to do washes.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gofast182 View Post
    Well I got part of my answer yesterday...
    It was a nice-ish day and I had the itch so I went out to do a little work on the S2000. I wanted to use HD Speed. I noticed the consistency was thick and very slight cottage cheese texture but nothing was separated so I went ahead. The first section went OK but by the second section it was leaving a thick almost rubbery residue on the paint that was very hard to remove. I switched to my even older bottle of Menzerna SF4500 and after I got a few chunks out of the cap/spout it was a nearly perfect consistency. I threw away the remaining HD Speed.
    Good to know.

If Speed is hard to remove, it has definitely gone bad.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I buy only the 16 ounce bottles only. I bought a gallon jug once and not even close to finish it. After 2 years I was able to. Lesson learned. BTW, it was car soap not polish. Even a gallon car soap took a long time....LOL

KEEP ON ROCKING!
    Speed is an AIO which includes a synthetic wax... seems that it "went bad" simply due to the fact that the wax cured due to age. Menzerna SF4500 of SF1500 are polishes - no comparison to Speed - apples and oranges. I've had a few Menzerna polishes for 4+ years and they still hold up well on the shelf. I shake the bottles 1-2x per year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12