autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    PNS, no you wouldn’t apply that after every wash, it’s a true LSP; however, Sonax Brilluant Shine Detailer (BSD) is the spray wax/QD equivalent of PNS and that can be used weekly, although it will last much longer than a week. Probably months. It provides great protection but poor slickness. Excellent self-cleaning.
    Ditto PNS, ditto BSD, ditto excellent self-cleaning. Best I’ve seen, this combo is preventing me from stepping up to ceramic coatings, that’s how good they are.

Ditto poor slickness, this ain’t no BM for sure, but hardly any dirt and grime sticks to the paint.

I just did an Iron remover application on my hood, driver’s side front fender and door, and there was hardly any purpling at all. So clean that I left the rest of the car alone. And this was after 16 months and 15k miles since applying PNS. I do use the BSD every other wash or so though.

Just washed, clayed, polished and coated again, I figure I’m good for at least another year.

But given your choices, Ultimate QW is still one of my faves, I use it on my daughter’s car and my SUV. Very easy to apply and gives a really nice shine. Itching to try the HCW, but the QW is so easy to use, I just can’t give up on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes acuRAS82, TimD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want slickness then Sonax PNS is not the product for you. It is on the tacky side just like their Brilliant Shine Detailer.

With regards to the Meguiar's stuff, well if you like the ultimate line then stick with it. If you want to try something new then try out their new hybrid ceramic liquid wax and their new hybrid ceramic detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah PNS is definitely not very slick. But frankly, the slickest sealants and sprays that I have seem to attract the most dust. I was addressing your lack of time to dedicate. If you can get over the slickness, PNS (and I’ve heard BSD) are pretty awesome products. They will keep your vehicles looking cleaner and easier to maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Yep... PNS and BSD, my preference... at least until the PNS is used up.

6. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chinee View Post
    Yep... PNS and BSD, my preference... at least until the PNS is used up.

Awesome clarity on that silver paint.

Post Thanks / Like

The op is looking for readily available so the Meguiar's products will suit his needs, whether it is the ultimate line or hybrid ceramic line.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess if I was smart enough to keep track when I'm getting low on something, it shouldn't matter what brand... because I guess ideally I want the best protection for keeping it looking the best with the least amount of work.

I mentioned meguiars because I've always been a fan. It might not always be the best but it's always good. I already have ultimate polish and wax... looking for something topping/maintaining after I wash.

I know I kind of keep changing what I say, but I don't care how slick it is anymore (I used to think slick meant things wouldn't stick), I want something that will allow all the contaminates to not stick or wash off easily when washing and give a decent shine.

I have Meg's ultimate polish, wax, quick wax, quick detailer and hcw...I will be using these up before buying anything else but then want to streamline to one certain line. I think I even have blackfire one step from a year or so ago because of all rage and haven't even had a need for it. Brand new truck on the way and the other vehicle has more washing and detailing than miles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whipped500 View Post
    I guess if I was smart enough to keep track when I'm getting low on something, it shouldn't matter what brand... because I guess ideally I want the best protection for keeping it looking the best with the least amount of work.

I mentioned meguiars because I've always been a fan. It might not always be the best but it's always good. I already have ultimate polish and wax... looking for something topping/maintaining after I wash.

I know I kind of keep changing what I say, but I don't care how slick it is anymore (I used to think slick meant things wouldn't stick), I want something that will allow all the contaminates to not stick or wash off easily when washing and give a decent shine.

I have Meg's ultimate polish, wax, quick wax, quick detailer and hcw...I will be using these up before buying anything else but then want to streamline to one certain line. I think I even have blackfire one step from a year or so ago because of all rage and haven't even had a need for it. Brand new truck on the way and the other vehicle has more washing and detailing than miles.
    Keep on talking yourself into PNS/BSD. You won't regret it.

Oh and that Blackfire One Step, it will come in handy to polish things up every once in a while. PNS/BSD goes over it just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    The op is looking for readily available so the Meguiar's products will suit his needs, whether it is the ultimate line or hybrid ceramic line.
    You are right... so easy to go off on a tangent...

On Friday night, I did a RW or WW with 914 (it's the one where i spritzed the car and wiped off), on the Black Taurus and applied Meg's QW... nice and shiny! Today I'm looking at the bonnet and it's pretty dusty, the QW is certainly creating a surface for dust to adhere. However, if I remember correctly, after a couple days of driving, maybe a light rain, I don't have that issue. Maybe I'm applying too much of the spray wax, so it's leaving a film that's "causing" the dust to adhere? And BM "attracts" dust basically the same.

It would be interesting to see if the HCW behaves any differently. When the QW is done, I'll pick up some HCW.

Post Thanks / Like

Update:
    After doing a lot of research and reading over the weekend, it looks like I will continue to use/use up my ultimate liquid wax and ultimate polish as well as my ultimate detailer and quick wax. When the ultimate detailer and quick wax is gone, I will use up my hybrid ceramic wax as a topper on the ultimate liquid wax. When the HCW is gone I think I am going to buy Meg M799 for it's versatility to top the ultimate liquid wax until it is gone. At that point, I'm sure there will be new things out or some things that are just coming out now will have been tested and I can make a decision as to what to use for the foundation.

Thoughts???

What I learned over the weekend researching a lot was these hybrid ceramic sprays can be put over sealants and wax. I was unaware of this... I didn't think they would work together? This will work out perfect since I want to use up everything I have so I'm not buying something new and the old product just gets pushed to the back of the shelf. After I use up everything, I want to streamline everything down to only one thing for each purpose (wax, carwash, tire dressing etc) rather than multiple different.

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast